Prospect Buzz

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Having ODB Jr. stuck in that LSU offense is akin to putting Einstein or Newton in a red state working class public school math/science program in 2015 America.

Now everyone turn your attention to the insert on creationism on page 6 in your biology textbook..................

155256_404776089588014_1372486052_n.jpg

( ) Urban Meyer

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Draft Options

1. Trade Cutler and 7 for 2: QB Marcus Mariota [Oregon]

If the Bears can move from 7 to 2 and all it costs them is Cutler a player they would move at some point if they got Mariota anyway is a great value. The Bears get a talented QB to work with and some additional cap room in the future. This is not green lighting an RGIII trade.

2. Trade Up: DE Leonard Williams [USC]

The Bears need a star player and Williams is that star. In addition he fits the system perfectly and at 20 has incredible upside. Yes, the Bears need players, but they need some damn superstars.

3. Stay At 7 and draft in order

Amari Cooper

Vic Beasley

Kevin White

Dante Fowler

These guys to me are worth not looking to trade down. The drop off from them to the next tier of guys is not worth adding another player.

4. Trade Down and Target in order

DE Arik Armstead

NT Danny Shelton

CB Trae Waynes

OLB Randy Gregory

OT Erik Flowers

More risk, less upside, but would be okay if one of these guys were the Bears 1st round picks as long as extra premium picks [top 50] are added.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Arik Armstead has risen to #2 interior DLmen in Mayocks rankings.

Shelton down to 4.

Armstead is building some serious steam.

TheDane

Liked Posts:

Shelton down to 4.

Based off of what? I still don't see why he should be a 1st round pick, and especially not a top half of the 1st round-pick.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
And many Bears-mockers' personal favorite for our 6th round pick is maybe moving up boards:

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that Florida OL Max Garcia completed 30 reps on the bench despite suffering from a pectoral strain.
It's an impressive showing and helps to explain why NFL teams are quickly warming to the versatile prospect. In a pinch, Garcia could play anywhere, but he's ticketed for center in the NFL. "Some now grade him as the No. 2 center in the draft after Hroniss Grasu of Oregon," Pauline reported. We assume those teams are excluding Cam Erving in center rankings, perhaps slotting him as a tackle, but Erving wasn't mentioned. Garcia recently met with the Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Bucs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Shelton down to 4.

Because of the media? Who cares what they think.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
In the three games or so of Oregon ball I watch Armstead flashed about once a game.

He might have the frame and the numbers to get a lot of folks salivating, but he sure didn't have the game to do it in the games I watched this yr.

Guy simply hasn't had the production to be rated as highly as Mayock is rating him apparently.

How many TOTAL TACKLES FOR A LOSS DID THIS GUY HAVE ALL SEASON OVER 13 games?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes Stanford T Andrus Peat "is good fit" for the New York Giants, and continues to "hear a buzz" about Scherff and Peat going in the No.8 and No.9 spots.
"The Giants have to continue reworking their offensive line and it remains an area of concern and this kid is good fit. I'm not sure if its being reflected in the media much, but teams like him a lot and New York needs a tackle. I continue to hear a buzz about Scherff and Peat going in these two slots," La Canfora wrote. The 6-foot-7, 313-pound Peat would be able to come in and compete right away for the starting job at right tackle, and then could be groomed to eventually replace Will Beatty at left tackle.
Source: CBS Sports
Apr 8 - 3:14 PM"

"CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora believes the Oakland Raiders will look to "diversify the offense" and draft West Virginia WR Kevin White at the No.4 spot.
Source: CBS Sports
Apr 8 - 4:07 PM"

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Based off of what? I still don't see why he should be a 1st round pick, and especially not a top half of the 1st round-pick.

Planet Theory

And he played really well in the playoff games against Florida St and Ohio St.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because of the media? Who cares what they think.

The media largely reacts to what they are hearing.

I think the media has been lower on Armstead and are now catching on to what the league thinks.

He is a protectable player.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
5.5 and 2.5 sacks

Ya, and now Armstead is the number one interior guy on defense?

I guess being 6'8 and looking good in shorts really is worth more than on the field production these days, huh.

I don't like the fact that Peat is moving up boards, that creates a cascade effect whereby we lose option at OT in the 2nd.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The media largely reacts to what they are hearing.

I think the media has been lower on Armstead and are now catching on to what the league thinks.

He is a protectable player.

Yeah, except I wouldn't trust anything I'm hearing if I was in the media this time of year. Tis the lying season...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I guess being 6'8 and looking good in shorts really is worth more than on the field production these days, huh.

I don't like the fact that Peat is moving up boards, that creates a cascade effect whereby we lose option at OT in the 2nd.

Armstead would be a reach in the top 10, and he is still ranked behind Leonard by Mayock.

That being said NFL teams value physical upside more than most. You need to be able to physically project them to success in the NFL. Kyle Long is a great example of a projection and a guy I would compare to Armstead. Kyle had the physical skill set to dominate at the NFL level, and those guys are rare, and you take the risk and teach him the rest.

But man 7 would be high to take the risk on physical upside.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

It is hard to quantify Armstead's production based on the role he was asked to play. What he has shown in college is the ability to 2-gap, take on multiple lineman and hold up in the run game. His rankings are likely more to do with projection as he has the physical tools and the skill-set to translate in more of an attacking 5-tech type role.

As someone who has watched every game he has played I think he is an ideal 5-tech but top 10 seems a little high to me. Considering his college production and physical skill set I think he should go somewhere in the middle to the bottom half of the first as I would personally go with a high upside edge rusher before a high upside 5-tech.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

And to think he's doing it by not playing a down of football. That's what's most incredible (incredulous?) that a guy hasn't played a down of football is now trending as a top-15 pick to some of these assclowns. It flat out boggles my mind.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
When has production ever mattered to NFL scouts? Size and speed- can't be coached- well- not without a truckload of PED's.

People talk about Armstead having all this physical upside, and while I agree that he has some upside, I just don't see why people are THAT high on him.

I mean, take Henry Anderson. They are pretty similar in terms of size and strength, and while Armstead is a bit more explosive, Anderson is definitely the quickest of the two. When looking at the production, Anderson has more than three times the TFL's and sacks that Armstead has over the last three years, playing the same role.

I'm not saying that I would take Anderson over Armstead. I'm just saying that I don't see why some people believe that Armstead has the "physical upside" to warrant a pick in the 1st round.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Planet Theory

And he played really well in the playoff games against Florida St and Ohio St.
Yeah he was really good in the playoff games. Ohio State couldn't handle him.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
And to think he's doing it by not playing a down of football. That's what's most incredible (incredulous?) that a guy hasn't played a down of football is now trending as a top-15 pick to some of these assclowns. It flat out boggles my mind.

What's really crazy is that Armstead is now ranked ahead of Preston Smith, despite Smith being a better athlete, better football player, and having actual production in a scheme that had him playing everything from 3-4 NT to 3-4 five tech to 4-3 DE.