Prospect Buzz

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Very similar, but where would Hageman have gone if he was clean off the field?

As I remember Hageman played pretty well for the Falcons or at least they are high on him.

Hageman's character concerns were not so great that they significantly affected his stock. He was a 2nd rounder due to inconsistency and middling production more than anything else.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Damn, nice find on that Irving kid....

That's a guy your admins are trying to get on the phone the moment that last pick goes out so you can invite him to camp....the dream is to keep him on the practice squad for a yr and get him a whole yr+ in the S&C program/working on technique with pro coaches to really see what he can do by camp #2.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"With starter-level safeties Antrel Rolle and Ryan Mundy among the three back-line defenders on the Bears‘ roster, the team plans to address the position after the early rounds of the draft, writes Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times. Jahns mentioned Cody Prewitt (Ole Miss), Nick Perry (Alabama) and Northwestern’s Ibraheim Campbell as players the Bears have studied as possible fits"

http://www.profootballrumors.com/chicago-bears/

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Cody prewitt is interesting.Still needs a year to work on his craft, but if he came in as a back up and STer until he learns more it could turn into a really good pick.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-player-akpejiori-works-out-at-miamis-pro-day

Miami's pro day

Phillip Dorsett

Wide receiver Phillip Dorsett (5-9 3/4, 184) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.29 and 4.27 seconds (he posted a time of 4.33 in the 40 at the combine). His 10-yard time was 1.48 seconds, which is flying. He had a 38-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-9 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.03 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.85 seconds. Dorsett has 9 1/8-inch hands. He's been adequate at catching the ball while in college, but did have a tendancy to trap some passes and he's not a real polished route runner. At Miami's pro day, Dorsett did not have any dropped passes.

Ladarius Gunter

Safety Ladarius Gunter (6-1 3/4, 201) ran the 40 in 4.66 and 4.64 seconds. He had a 4.35-second short shuttle and 6.91-second three-cone drill. Gunter has very good range and good ball skills. Gunter lacks flat-out speed, but makes up for it with his ball skills and change-of-direction abilities (as shown by his three-cone time).

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Denzel Perryman

Miami ILB Denzel Perryman is "worth a second-round pick for his excellent tackling ability, instincts and recognition skills, and leadership ability," believes ESPN's Todd McShay.

"I get that Perryman isn't an elite athlete, but I've really liked what I've seen from Perryman on tape, and he is the second-highest-ranked inside linebacker on our board right now (UCLA's Eric Kendricks is No. 1)," McShay wrote. "He helped himself by improving upon his 40 time from the combine, running a 4.66-second 40 after posting a 4.78 at the combine, because speed is definitely a concern with him, but he tweaked his hamstring and wasn't able to complete his workout." The 5-foot-10, 236-pound Perryman finished his collegiate career with two straight seasons with 108 or more tackles. NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein likens Perryman to D'Qwell Jackson.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Offensive tackle Donovan Smith (6-5 7/8, 328) ran the 40 in 4.98 and 5.03 seconds. He was unable to continue with the workout because he strained his right hamstring during the second 40 run. Smith is a big guy, with 35 5/8-inch arms and 10 3/8-inch hands.

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq5mdrhmje5ndc0mzvizdk4mgfmm2m2ndvjnzy0m2u4.jpeg

Apart from those 40 times being great for a 330+ Lber, more importantly it shows he is now 100% dedicated to conditioning, something that may have been an issue before. I like him as a 320lbs RT, but he can also slide in and play G I think.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Offensive tackle Donovan Smith (6-5 7/8, 328) ran the 40 in 4.98 and 5.03 seconds. He was unable to continue with the workout because he strained his right hamstring during the second 40 run. Smith is a big guy, with 35 5/8-inch arms and 10 3/8-inch hands.

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwq5mdrhmje5ndc0mzvizdk4mgfmm2m2ndvjnzy0m2u4.jpeg

Apart from those 40 times being great for a 330+ Lber, more importantly it shows he is now 10% dedicated to conditioning, something that may have been an issue before. I like him as a 320lbs RT, but he can also slide in and play G I think.

That's flying for a 330 pound man. And it shows enough athletic ability where he may not have to move inside, where I saw a few "experts" saying he may have to.

Were those arm measurements done at his pro day? They were 34 3/8 at combine, which is still plenty long.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
That's flying for a 330 pound man. And it shows enough athletic ability where he may not have to move inside, where I saw a few "experts" saying he may have to.

Were those arm measurements done at his pro day? They were 34 3/8 at combine, which is still plenty long.

Info taken from NFL.COM write up on his pro-day.

Even allowing for a fast track, that's a huge improvement over the high 5.2s he ran at the combine, which were decent on their own.

I think there is a decent chance he ends up here battling Mills for the RT spot next yr. A lot depends on the run of Tackles which will go in the 2nd half of the first round of the draft....I mean if Flowers is there, take him, but this kid is a nice 2nd round pick up imho.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Info taken from NFL.COM write up on his pro-day.

Even allowing for a fast track, that's a huge improvement over the high 5.2s he ran at the combine, which were decent on their own.

I think there is a decent chance he ends up here battling Mills for the RT spot next yr. A lot depends on the run of Tackles which will go in the 2nd half of the first round of the draft....I mean if Flowers is there, take him, but this kid is a nice 2nd round pick up imho.

Big Donovan Smith fan, those lang arms are a huge asset. reminds me of Cordy Glenn who was enormous and has long arms and settled into the Lt role in Buffalo.

71- Fireworks, incredible value.
39- good pick at a position of need.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
There's a huge crowd in Gainesville for Florida pro day. The two headliners, Dante Fowler Jr. and D.J. Humphries, are standing on their Combine numbers and just participating in position drills.

Offensive line coaches from the Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears and Tennessee Titans are on hand.

In the early going, I'm told both Humphries and Max Garcia have looked terrific in position drills. Garcia, who did not run the 40 at the Combine due to a hamstring injury, chose not to run today as a precaution.

Humphries met with the Miami Dolphins and New Orleans Saints yesterday, while Garcia has had individual meetings with the Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Bucs over the course ofthe past two days.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#V8cfLwwCFmwQxKsq.99

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Arik Armstead - DL - Ducks

Oregon DL Arik Armstead will visit the Jaguars on Tuesday.

Armstead revealed the news on PFT on NBCSN. The Jaguars are hosting a huge group of top prospects on Tuesday. We don't think Armstead is in the conversation with the third pick and he will be off the board by the second round. Expect the Oregon defensive lineman to be drafted earlier than most are projecting. A top 10 selection is absolutely possible.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Arik Armstead - DL - Ducks

Oregon DL Arik Armstead will visit the Jaguars on Tuesday.

Armstead revealed the news on PFT on NBCSN. The Jaguars are hosting a huge group of top prospects on Tuesday. We don't think Armstead is in the conversation with the third pick and he will be off the board by the second round. Expect the Oregon defensive lineman to be drafted earlier than most are projecting. A top 10 selection is absolutely possible.

Not consistent enough for a top 10 selection for my taste but middle of the 1st still seems very likely.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Max Garcia Met with the Bears.

Good late round developmental C with OG size.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Based on the D.J. Humphries interest and T.J. Clemmings visit, it seems the Bears are interested in grabbing a developmental LT should one fall into the second round. A run on WRs in the mid-first might push someone down.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Not consistent enough for a top 10 selection for my taste but middle of the 1st still seems very likely.

I think mid-first is fair. As far as potential and projection he could easily be a top 10 selection but it depends on what teams are looking for. He was used in a role where he was mainly asked to take on double teams and he did so effectively but to take him top 10 you would have to be confident in his ability to play as an attacking 5-tech ala JJ Watt or as a 43 DE. He certainly has the attributes to be able to do so but it is a projection.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Based on the D.J. Humphries interest and T.J. Clemmings visit, it seems the Bears are interested in grabbing a developmental LT should one fall into the second round. A run on WRs in the mid-first might push someone down.

That's what I was thinking also, or even if they traded down and were to pick up one later in round 1, Peat, Clemmings and Humphries are all players that can start at RT right away until they're ready to take over the LT spot.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Max Garcia Met with the Bears.

Good late round developmental C with OG size.

Yup, in the draft sims I did, I ended up taking him often in the 6th if I couldn't get the KSU kid in the 4th.

I really like that KSU kid.....but he might not last.

To me it is almost a foregone conclusion we go OT in the 2nd; I mean the drop off after that almost makes it mandatory for us unless we are really thinking Mills is the man of the future.

It's the third pick that'll really be interesting to see....CBs, ILBs, Possible a certain WR or 2 falling and getting snatched up.

Those 3rd/4th/5th picks will be quite interesting to me bc there are a lot of needs and is a lot of value at certain positions down in the draft **cough cough** CB CB CB FS FS FS **cough cough**