Prospect Buzz

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I won't get a chance to watch it this weekend but I'm skeptical that Dupree just needs to coaching/technique work in order to start finding the QB consistently. I mean, which scenario is more likely:

1) Bud Dupree went to a major college program for four years and never learned how to dip his shoulder in order to turn the corner

or

2) He has some inherent athletic limitations that simply prevent him from doing so

I'm going with door #2, and Dupree's testing from his Pro Day corroborates that as well. His very good straight-line speed is negated when it comes to rushing the passer because of a somewhat sluggish change of direction ability (7.45). Dante Fowler suffers from the same affliction.

The thing is that he did dip and bend at times. It just wasn't consistent. Not even close.The one play he executed it perfectly it ened up being null and void because it ended up being a draw. So the physical ability to do so is there. He needs more reps for muscle memory. They also dabbled a bit in his Louisville tape.

He needs work. As the guys touched on in the video, so does every single one of these edge rushers coming out this year. None of them are Von Miller who's like Gumby coming around the corner.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Randy Gregory and Vic Beasley are the only top edge guys with a respectable 3 cone time.

3 cone is a great predictor of pass rush potential.

Most of the top sackers are sub 7.4 guys, many are sub 7.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From the same source here's a Dupree breakdown. This guy takes a different angle in his video's and are very informative while being much shorter.
The Film Room Ep 05: Alvin "Bud" Dupree Report: https://youtu.be/oXYLlrJ5OFY

This guy really does a nice job breaking down prospects. He's a production assistant at the NFL Network. I wonder how much the cameramen know about scouting? Thanks for posting the videos.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those are great vids.

I really like Gregory who looks stronger than his #s and think he's easily worth a top 7 pick...depending on how one feels about his positive test. Beasley looks like the better edge rusher and measures stronger but Gregory played the best all around ball. I was actually surpised by their bench #s at the combine because i expected them to look the other way around. Only issue with these 2 is fit and the test.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I really like Gregory who looks stronger than his #s and think he's easily worth a top 7 pick...depending on his positive test. Beasley looks like the better edge rusher and measures stronger but Gregory played the best all around ball. Only issue with these 2 is fit and the test.

Gregory is much better against the run than Beasley (everyone is), but Beasley has Day 1 double-digit sack potential and is the only guy with a pro-ready counter.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/cfb/nfl-draft-player-news

Damiere Byrd

South Carolina WR Damiere Byrd scorched a 4.25-second 40-yard dash at the school's pro day this week.
The show wasn't over. Byrd, a freak athlete with "remarkable athleticism," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler, also posted a sensational vertical (42") and broad jump (10-11"). The 5-foot-9, 170-pounder has a recent knee surgery on his record, though the former track star has quite obviously retained his wheels.

A.J. Cann

"Cann, a 51-game starter at left guard, showed off the same explosiveness while snapping the football that caused him to rank atop NFLDraftScout.com's guard rankings," wrote CBS Sports' Dane Brugler. "The positional versatility will, of course, only help his case to break into the top 32, as will impressive numbers during measured drills, including a 32.5" vertical jump and 30 repetitions on the bench press." We haven't heard why Cann might be considering a shift inside, though, as Brugler mentions, the versatility won't hurt and, in addition, Cann's 6-foot-3, 313-pound frame might profile better to the pivot. Either way, we still think he's going in Round 2.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Vic Beasley Visiting Bears

Sources have told us that Clemson outside linebacker Vic Beasley will be taking a pre-draft visit to Chicago.

The Bears have switched to a 3-4 defense under new defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, and Beasley could fit as an outside linebacker and pass rusher for Chicago. The past few seasons, the once-great Bears' defense has declined and has been a liability compared to a productive offense. Chicago has some outside linebackers for their 3-4 in Pernell McPhee and Willie Young, however Beasley could be their top player available when the Bears are on the clock and it may be too tempting for the Bears to pass on an impact pass rusher like Beasley.

Beasley totaled 12 sacks, 33 tackles, 21.5 tackles for a loss, three passes batted and three forced fumbles in 2014. He was a pass-rushing terror, posting excellent games against Florida State and South Carolina. After playing defensive end in college, Beasley’s weight and run defense suggests he is due for a position change in the NFL.

Beasley (6-2, 246) also would have the ability to play in a 4-3 scheme like the kind that Bears' head coach John Fox utilized in Denver and Carolina. In that system, a good fit for Beasley would be in a similar style to Broncos' linebacker Von Miller, who was very productive for Fox.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Randy Gregory and Vic Beasley are the only top edge guys with a respectable 3 cone time.

3 cone is a great predictor of pass rush potential.

Most of the top sackers are sub 7.4 guys, many are sub 7.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gregory is much better against the run than Beasley (everyone is), but Beasley has Day 1 double-digit sack potential and is the only guy with a pro-ready counter.

If you're looking for an pure edge rusher, Beasley's the guy and I've been quite vocal about it. I just think a lot of posters discount Gregory's ability with talk of Ray and Dupree being better and to me, it's not that close.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-losers-from-pro-day-workouts-so-far/page/10

Kristjan Sokoli, DT/DE, Buffalo

If you've never heard of Kristjan Sokoli before, you're surely not the only one. Unlike his former Buffalo teammate, 2014 top-five pick Khalil Mack, Sokoli never emerged as a star for the Bulls; he had just 2.5 sacks and 15 total tackles for loss over the course of his four-year collegiate career.

A jaw-dropping performance at Buffalo's pro day March 12, however, has enticed the attention of NFL teams.

According to Sokoli's agent, Brett Tessler, the unheralded defensive lineman ran a 4.84-second 40-yard dash and posted a 38-inch vertical jump, 9'11" broad jump and 7.19-second three-cone drill at the pro day. All four of those numbers would have ranked first at the combine among players who project to the NFL as interior defensive linemen.

Sokoli also had 31 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press, according to Tessler, which would have ranked the 6'5", 290-pound prospect seventh among all defensive linemen in Indianapolis.

Zach Whitman, who tracks the measurables of NFL draft prospects for 3sigmaathlete.com, tweeted on March 16 that Sokoli had completed one of the three most impressive pro days up to that point, along with Northwestern linebacker Jimmy Hall and Marshall cornerback Darryl Roberts (who both would have been worthy inclusions for this list themselves).

Whitman also tweeted, "Sokoli is the only significant athletic match to J.J. Watt"—the best defensive player in the NFL—in his database that includes 17 draft classes of prospect measurables.

Given his limited on-field production, Sokoli remains a long shot to be drafted. His workout has led to real interest from a number of franchises nonetheless; according to Tessler, Sokoli has set up pre-draft visits with the Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants and New York Jets.

If a team's coaching staff believes it can get the best out of Sokoli and his spectacular physical makeup, it just might take a chance on him with a late-round draft selection.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you're looking for an pure edge rusher, Beasley's the guy and I've been quite vocal about it. I just think a lot of posters discount Gregory's ability with talk of Ray and Dupree being better and to me, it's not that close.

I'm really starting to warm up to Gregory. I think his build was causing people to compare him to an Aldon Smith type of player, long athletic guy coming off the edge. And that's where he doesn't quite measure up. But I think his best role may be as a Jamie Collins or Bruce Irvin type of player. Not that I think Gregory will be as good as Collins in coverage, but I think he'll be a guy that may be more effective as a sub package player, who rushes the passes from various spots on the field. Gregory seemed to do his best work rushing from a stand up ILB position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Williams still goes rd 2.

He will fall a bit, but this is not a pattern of behaviour, and most importantly he can play man coverage.

Well he left the scene of an accident another time and when he came back to the scene he wasn't tested for alcohol so it is somewhat of a pattern but i'd still take him in the 2nd round.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AJ Cann at C?

Me like, me like a lot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The draft just needs to get here already, shit takes to long now.
im ready to start complaining or telling you *******, "I told you so"

Oh great another fan that wants to pat himself on the back if he GUESSES right on a player. lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Out of the top 14 edge players who had double digit sacks and available times, 13 had three-cone times better than 7.4. I know sacks aren’t everything, so I took a look at Pro Football Focus’ Pass Rush Productivity for both 4-3 defensive ends and 3-4 outside linebackers and 22 of the 26 players performed better in that one drill. Many of the best rushers like Clay Matthews and Von Miller even broke seven seconds. This is a drill the NFL seems to pay attention to.

Read more at http://cover32.com/bears/2015/03/27...shers-in-the-first-round/#Kc40kvdPcxh7Vsf3.99