Prospect Buzz

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So how many receivers go in round 1?

Cooper, White, Parker, Perriman and Dorsett? What about Strong and Green-Beckham?

My guess is 6

Oakland-Cooper
Chicago-White
Cleveland-Parker
Kansas City-Perriman
Philadelphia-Strong
New Orleans-Dorsett

Wildcards- St Louis, Baltimore, New England

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is 6

Oakland-Cooper
Chicago-White
Cleveland-Parker
Kansas City-Perriman
Philadelphia-Strong
New Orleans-Dorsett

Is this an ODB Jr effect? Or are all these player worth it you think?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this an ODB Jr effect? Or are all these player worth it you think?

I think this is a SUPER deep draft for WRs.

3 legit top 10 WRs

2 other guys who ran 4.25

Another 6'5" 230lbs guy who ran 4.4

Jaelen Strong might be the most pedestrian and his numbers are incredible.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My guess is 6

Oakland-Cooper
Chicago-White
Cleveland-Parker
Kansas City-Perriman
Philadelphia-Strong
New Orleans-Dorsett

I agree. I think the "numb nuts factor" pushes down Green-Beckham.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
D.J. Humphries - T - Gators
Florida T D.J. Humphries' "instincts are remarkable in one of the game's most difficult tasks -- pass blocking," wrote CBS Sports' Frank Cooney.
"When he is healthy, Humphries displays excellent athletic ability, quickness, balance and strength. He has quick anticipation, sets hard and fast or explodes out to pick up a fast edge rusher," Cooney wrote. "His biggest problems are staying healthy and keeping weight on. If he beats those problems there is no telling how good he will be." At least on the subject of his strengths, the prospect is on the same page as the analyst. "I think my fluid athletic ability sets me apart from other guys. There's a lot of guys that are very athletic just like I am but I think I'm very fluid in how athletic I am," Humphries said. "I think my pass-protecting skill is kind of my main thing that's going to make me stick out. How quick I can get to the second level and get on linebackers and get to safeties."

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Mario Edwards - DL - Seminoles
FSU DL Mario Edwards "had an outstanding pro-day workout, looking athletic and moving around well with great explosion," reported NFL Media's Gil Brandt.
"Edwards really helped himself in the draft at the pro day," Brandt wrote. The 6-foot-2 1/2, 272-pounder lost seven pounds from his combine weight and over 20 pounds from his listed collegiate weight. Edwards (10 7/8 inch hands) probably wants to play on the outside at the next level.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks
NFL Media analyst Charles Davis reports that he keeps "hearing talk that the Saints could blow us all away with a monster trade to land a quarterback in this year's draft."
Earlier this offseason, that talk revolved around Drew Brees, though HC Sean Payton eventually shot down those rumors. Davis thinks they still might have the hots for Marcus Mariota. "If Mariota falls to No. 13 -- the first of the Saints' two picks in the first round -- would Payton be tempted to take him? It's not likely that Mariota slides that far, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility," he wrote. "Seeing Mariota be groomed behind Brees, who is signed through 2016, would be fun to watch. I think Payton would have a ball coaching up the athletic former Ducks star."

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My guess is 6

Oakland-Cooper
Chicago-White
Cleveland-Parker
Kansas City-Perriman
Philadelphia-Strong
New Orleans-Dorsett

I don't think the Bears take White. New Orleans just took Dorsett's clone last year in the 1st.

I think St Louis takes one of the top 2 if one falls. Baltimore takes Parker, and maybe Perriman if there. New England pulls a surprise and takes Devin Smith.

Oakland- White
Browns- Cooper trade up (maybe with BEARS)
Chiefs- Perriman
Ravens- Parker
Patriots- Smith
Seattle- trades up early 2 for Green Beckham

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eepers-lateround-offensive-prospects-to-watch

OT Antoine Everett, McNeese State
The particulars: 6-3, 325.
The skinny: He started every game at left tackle the past two seasons but fits as a guard in the NFL. He is athletic and runs well. How well? Incredibly, he was timed in 4.62 and 4.65 seconds in the 40 at his pro day. Obviously, that is moving for a guy of his size. McNeese State, a FCS school in Lake Charles, La., hasn't had a player drafted since 2009 and hasn't had an offensive lineman drafted since 1999

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...o-of-round-1-prospects-lead-thursday-pro-days

Washington: Scouts flock to see Huskies
Big draw: DT Danny Shelton
Don't forget: LB/RB/S Shaq Thompson
Notable attendees: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, Seahawks GM John Schneider, Redskins GM Scot McCloughan, Titans RB Bishop Sankey
The skinny: Before getting into any of the workout, let us first note that Thompson worked out in a Superman T-shirt. He also lived up to his athletic billing during drills at both linebacker and defensive back and was able to turn his hips better than expected. Corner Marcus Peters built off his performance at the combine by looking smooth during drills. He also appeared a few pounds lighter than he was in Indy. Shelton moved well during his time running around (and through) bags. LB/DE Hau'oli Kikaha ran a 40-yard dash unofficially timed in the mid-4.5 range and looked quick during linebacker drills with Thompson. Also notable was former Huskies QB Keith Price, who worked out at the Veteran's Combine, putting in work with the various wide receivers. An unofficial time wasn't released in his 40-yard dash, but Kasen Williams had a productive day at wideout as well, especially with a 35 1/2-inch vertical jump.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eepers-lateround-offensive-prospects-to-watch

OT Antoine Everett, McNeese State
The particulars: 6-3, 325.
The skinny: He started every game at left tackle the past two seasons but fits as a guard in the NFL. He is athletic and runs well. How well? Incredibly, he was timed in 4.62 and 4.65 seconds in the 40 at his pro day. Obviously, that is moving for a guy of his size. McNeese State, a FCS school in Lake Charles, La., hasn't had a player drafted since 2009 and hasn't had an offensive lineman drafted since 1999

Damn, he could play full back with that speed.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...o-of-round-1-prospects-lead-thursday-pro-days

Notable attendees: Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, Seahawks GM John Schneider, Redskins GM Scot McCloughan, Titans RB Bishop Sankey
The skinny: Before getting into any of the workout, let us first note that Thompson worked out in a Superman T-shirt. He also lived up to his athletic billing during drills at both linebacker and defensive back and was able to turn his hips better than expected. Corner Marcus Peters built off his performance at the combine by looking smooth during drills. He also appeared a few pounds lighter than he was in Indy. Shelton moved well during his time running around (and through) bags. LB/DE Hau'oli Kikaha ran a 40-yard dash unofficially timed in the mid-4.5 range and looked quick during linebacker drills with Thompson. Also notable was former Huskies QB Keith Price, who worked out at the Veteran's Combine, putting in work with the various wide receivers. An unofficial time wasn't released in his 40-yard dash, but Kasen Williams had a productive day at wideout as well, especially with a 35 1/2-inch vertical jump.

That time for Kikaha is way off from what I read, with him being in the 4.9 range.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
That time for Kikaha is way off from what I read, with him being in the 4.9 range.

Yeah, that's literally the opposite of what everyone else is saying. 4.88 was the fastest time I've seen, most have been easily in the 4.9s. And most say he looked uncomfortable in space.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we trade UP to get Mariota I will RIP MY DICK OFF.

Liked Posts:

I like Kasen Williams as an UDFA WR. Kid has good size and was a 5 star recruit coming out of HS.

He had a really good sophomore season but had the rest of his career diminished by injuries. Great kid with a good head on his shoulders. He has been on local radio out here in Seattle and has a great attitude.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
then he has the Bears trading up for Jones...

*31. CHICAGO
Byron Jones, CB, UConn.

*Trade: In exchange for the 31st pick, New Orleans gets the 39th, 106th and 192nd picks.

Shot in the dark. The clues: Bears were 30th in the NFL against the pass last year; Bear corners are ancient; new GM Ryan Pace comes from Mickey Loomis’ classroom in New Orleans. And Pace knows the Patriots love UConn players, and had a contingent Tuesday at Husky Pro Day, where Jones ran 4.38 and 4.44.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/01/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king/2/

I'd rather the Bears trade down a few spots and pick up a second round pick. After that, they could trade both second round picks away to get back into the first round. Top 12 pick plus another late first round pick would be a great first day for the Bears.

Actually, I think I wouldn't mind that mmqb trade, though.