Prospect Buzz

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's s good year to have a top 10 pick if this truly is a crappy class. No excuses if we draft a bust.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
What if we are one of those teams that likes Parker over White?

I like all the top receivers this year so if that is the case, we may be able to trade down a few spots. If Cooper and White are both gone before the Bears pick, then I expect that Parker and Perriman to both go closer to the top 10. Probably will have to stay put though if they want one of the top receivers.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Still not convinced Bears take a WR at 7. It just doesn't make any sense to get rid of Marshall and then get all desperate for a WR. For one, any WR in this draft + Jeffery is not going to be as good as Marshall and Jeffery were the last 2 years. Secondly, they've preached defense and running the ball this offseason. If that's the case, it doesn't make sense to have a chance to add to the defense or OL and take a guy that helps the passing game more than anything else.

Cooper may complicate things if he's there as he could truly be BPA at 7. I just don't see White as BPA. I'm not even convinced he's the 2nd best WR. Aaron Leming also doesn't feel like the Bears are as interested in White as they are Cooper.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Still not convinced Bears take a WR at 7. It just doesn't make any sense to get rid of Marshall and then get all desperate for a WR. For one, any WR in this draft + Jeffery is not going to be as good as Marshall and Jeffery were the last 2 years. Secondly, they've preached defense and running the ball this offseason. If that's the case, it doesn't make sense to have a chance to add to the defense or OL and take a guy that helps the passing game more than anything else.

Cooper may complicate things if he's there as he could truly be BPA at 7. I just don't see White as BPA. I'm not even convinced he's the 2nd best WR. Aaron Leming also doesn't feel like the Bears are as interested in White as they are Cooper.

Saved money and get younger at position, while adding more speed to the position. We need to able to stretch the field. Marshall was too slow.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Saved money and get younger at position, while adding more speed to the position. We need to able to stretch the field. Marshall was too slow.
Ok? Funny thing about the WR position. A lot of them are fast, and you don't have to take one at 7 to get a fast one.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

While I completely agree with your assessment the offense they ran in Denver was completely dependent on a multitude of receiving weapons and a minimal running game. Forte will give the Bears all the running game they need, adding a rookie two receiver who can learn in a three role would be ideal.

On the flip side of that, there's a multitude of, good receivers likely available later that need not be a priority at seven.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ok? Funny thing about the WR position. A lot of them are fast, and you don't have to take one at 7 to get a fast one.

I get it but there is a possibility that 6-8 of these guys are gone before the Bears are back picking at 39. There are sleeper guys out there though like Tre McBride.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
While I completely agree with your assessment the offense they ran in Denver was completely dependent on a multitude of receiving weapons and a minimal running game. Forte will give the Bears all the running game they need, adding a rookie two receiver who can learn in a three role would be ideal.

On the flip side of that, there's a multitude of, good receivers likely available later that need not be a priority at seven.

With the way the position has been lately it seems every year the WR class is loaded. Last year was an exceptional class and this years could be better as a whole. I think if you have a chance at an impact edge rusher at 7 you take it unless Cooper is on the board and they have him significantly higher than the edge rusher.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fast, big, ball hawk and you do. That said, I still prefer an edge rusher or Williams. :pray:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fast, big, ball hawk and you do.
They're WRs they're all ballhawks. And ur adding parameters. I responded to someone saying the bears needed someone to stretch the field. If u want them big too, that's a different discussion. Also its not a necessity.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, you limited an early pick to just speed and it's never that way. You can't just put words in a guy's mouth and say his comment was only about speed and them run with it. That was never the case. He obviously meant a speed receiver with Marshall's other qualities like projections. The only way that's not understood is if you choose not to. The WRs talked about that early have much more to offer than just speed. Parker isn't exceptionally fast and will also go early. Not all receivers top a ball well or have great catching radiuses. You've made the obvious obtuse.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Jalen Collins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rug-tests-in-college?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Collins has been knocked by several analysts for his lack of production relative to his skills, and there are concerns about his healing foot, which recently required surgery.

Now Collins must deal with a third issue. NFL Media's Albert Breer tweeted Friday that Collins failed multiple drug tests during his time in Baton Rouge, citing sources with four NFL teams.

As with any prospect, off-the-field issues are going to be examined closely by every club and interpreted in many different ways by each. It can't be a good thing for Collins' stock, though, to have news of failed tests appear less than a week before the draft.

Collins is rated as the draft's No. 2 cornerback in NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock's latest position rankings. He's far from a lock to go in the first round, though.

Five of six mock drafts by NFL Media analysts project Collins to go late in the first round.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Friday on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft" that the failed tests were something NFL teams have known about "for quite some time," and he believes Collins will be a second-round pick when all is said and done. Jeremiah has Collins landing at No. 45 overall to the Minnesota Vikings in his two-round mock draft.

The New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers are among the teams that expressed serious interest in Collins during the pre-draft process, and both teams have needs at the position

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
P
Jalen Collins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rug-tests-in-college?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Collins has been knocked by several analysts for his lack of production relative to his skills, and there are concerns about his healing foot, which recently required surgery.

Now Collins must deal with a third issue. NFL Media's Albert Breer tweeted Friday that Collins failed multiple drug tests during his time in Baton Rouge, citing sources with four NFL teams.

As with any prospect, off-the-field issues are going to be examined closely by every club and interpreted in many different ways by each. It can't be a good thing for Collins' stock, though, to have news of failed tests appear less than a week before the draft.

Collins is rated as the draft's No. 2 cornerback in NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock's latest position rankings. He's far from a lock to go in the first round, though.

Five of six mock drafts by NFL Media analysts project Collins to go late in the first round.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Friday on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft" that the failed tests were something NFL teams have known about "for quite some time," and he believes Collins will be a second-round pick when all is said and done. Jeremiah has Collins landing at No. 45 overall to the Minnesota Vikings in his two-round mock draft.

The New Orleans Saints and Pittsburgh Steelers are among the teams that expressed serious interest in Collins during the pre-draft process, and both teams have needs at the position

I'd like to formally welcome Collins to the 4th round, where deadbeat first round talents get drafted.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I don't think he was ever a legit first rounder. He's best playing catch Technique and is shaky when doing so.

Cooper made him look like a Pop Warner kid.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
No, you limited an early pick to just speed and it's never that way. You can't just put words in a guy's mouth and say his comment was only about speed and them run with it. That was never the case. He obviously meant a speed receiver with Marshall's other qualities like projections. The only way that's not understood is if you choose not to. The WRs talked about that early have much more to offer than just speed. Parker isn't exceptionally fast and will also go early. Not all receivers top a ball well or have great catching radiuses. You've made the obvious obtuse.

Very well said. On top of that, speed alone even is not easy to find like the other poster claimed. We've needed it since Knox got hurt, and have not been able to find it.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Stanford T Andrus Peat "won’t get past the St Louis Rams at 10 and could be selected even earlier," reports TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

"New York Giants perhaps?" Pauline wrote. The 6-foot-7, 313-pound Peat has been compared to Jake Long, D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Joe Thomas based on ability and Gabe Carimi, Kyle Long and Anthony Castonzo on measurables. Peat (6-foot-7, 313 pounds) is basically the same size as Castonzo coming out of Boston College in 2011. Peat posted a 10 1/2-foot broad jump at his pro day and ran a 5.18 forty at the combine.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Amari Cooper - WR - Crimson Tide

Alabama WR Amari Cooper visited 10 teams who hold picks in the top 12, per Aaron Wilson.

Those 10 teams include the Buccaneers, Titans, Jaguars, Redskins, Jets, Bears, Falcons, Giants, Rams and Browns. The two in the top 12 who did not bring Cooper in were the Raiders and Vikings. Many have mocked Cooper to the Raiders, including us. Amari will not be waiting long on draft day.