Prospect Buzz

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just imagine if Ole Gabe would have worked out.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Very well said. On top of that, speed alone even is not easy to find like the other poster claimed. We've needed it since Knox got hurt, and have not been able to find it.
Says who? When Marshall and Jeffery were the the best 1-2 Wrs in the league nobody was taking about "needing" speed. And yes, speed is easy to find.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Former Colts GM and ESPN analyst Bill Polian on Shane Ray: "When I see him, I see Robert Mathis."

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
11h11 hours ago
Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk
"Shane Ray would be the guy (that I stand up on the table for)... He's got everything you want in a pass rusher" -Bill Polian on SVP #Mizzou

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Mathis tweets Ray:

Feb 22
ROBERT MATHIS The1st ‏@RobertMathis98
@X_RAYted56 Whatsup Lilgator, do what got u in your current position.6'1/235 (9yrs as 4/3DE) & 3yrOLB, #OnlyProductionCounts not measurables

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
11h11 hours ago
Brandon Kiley ‏@BKSportsTalk
"Shane Ray would be the guy (that I stand up on the table for)... He's got everything you want in a pass rusher" -Bill Polian on SVP #Mizzou

I am not a huge Ray guy.

But that means a lot from Polian. The guys is literally a legend and I am not be sarcastic. Guy built 2 of the most successful teams ever.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Ray has to be considered at 7. I don't care about the injury. Every team that passes on him because of that will regret it.

The kid has everything you want in a pass rusher. An elite first step, violent hands, alpha male mentality and a red hot motor.

The kid will get sacks in the NFL.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I am not a huge Ray guy.

But that means a lot from Polian. The guys is literally a legend and I am not be sarcastic. Guy built 2 of the most successful teams ever.

Be frank though windy; you're not a big Ray fan because of things that don't necessarily pertain to football like the underwear Olympics.

The Bucs had 12 straight losing seasons and they consistently had the fastest 3-cone, 40 and top bench performers. Until they drafted two undersized, ultra productive pure football players in the same draft. Both ended up being HOFers

Potential gets coaches fired all the time. (Insert Cutler).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Alex_Flanagan: talking to more and more people who believe the Philip Rivers trade rumors have legitimate legs.

@SI_PeterKing: I think @Alex_Flanagan is on to something. But I can tell you this: Nothing with the No. 2 pick is certain now.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ray has to be considered at 7. I don't care about the injury. Every team that passes on him because of that will regret it.

The kid has everything you want in a pass rusher. An elite first step, violent hands, alpha male mentality and a red hot motor.

Injury doesn't bother me either as I have known about it before he even declared.

Ray is the type who already plays with a chip on his shoulder and a draft slide will just add fuel to the fire. With that being said I don't anticipate him sliding far. Teams have known of his injury since his bowl game, the GM of the Falcons has already said it is not an issue to them.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
At this point, the only players I would rank above Ray are Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper and Marcus Mariota.

After those 3, give me Ray all day.

Wouldn't be opposed to Scherff, White, Parker, Shelton or Beasley but wouldn't be as happy if we passed on Shane Ray for one of those guys.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
More and more experts' mocks have Ray going in the top 5. I wonder what they're hearing that we're not. Believe it or not, some of those guys are actually plugged in.

I mean, maybe it's bullshit, but...

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I haven't seen as much of him as others on here, but one thing I noticed time and time again is that he accelerates through the open area just so damn fast. Like faster than anyone else in this draft. The guy just does not slow down and runs through the contact. I love that.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
More and more experts' mocks have Ray going in the top 5. I wonder what they're hearing that we're not. Believe it or not, some of those guys are actually plugged in.

I mean, maybe it's bullshit, but...

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacksonville has Ray rated higher than Fowler. He is a plug and play LEO in Bradley's D IMO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am not a huge Ray guy.

But do you think age starts to become a factor with a Polian?? Do you think his judgement starts to get a little off with age?? Serious questions.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
But do you think age starts to become a factor with a Polian?? Do you think his judgement starts to get a little off with age?? Serious questions.

Why?

It's not like rushing the passer has changed all that much since he was in the league.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Brandon Scherff - T - Hawkeyes
Iowa OL Brandon Scherff is "the toughest offensive lineman in the 2015 class, as well as the nastiest," according to ESPN's Todd McShay.
We're inclined to agree. "Scherff is a tone-setter who gets under the skin of opposing defenders," McShay wrote. "He plays through the whistle and finishes every block, and while his lack of ideal length puts into some question his ability to hold up in pass protection as an NFL left tackle -- personally, I wouldn't bet against him -- his floor is as an outstanding guard because of his quickness and power as a run-blocker and overall approach to the game." Scherff has 33 3/8-inch arms, shorter than one would like in a left tackle. We still think he can be one.
Source: ESPN Insider Apr 25 - 11:13 PM"

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
"Brandon Scherff - T - Hawkeyes
Iowa OL Brandon Scherff is "the toughest offensive lineman in the 2015 class, as well as the nastiest," according to ESPN's Todd McShay.
We're inclined to agree. "Scherff is a tone-setter who gets under the skin of opposing defenders," McShay wrote. "He plays through the whistle and finishes every block, and while his lack of ideal length puts into some question his ability to hold up in pass protection as an NFL left tackle -- personally, I wouldn't bet against him -- his floor is as an outstanding guard because of his quickness and power as a run-blocker and overall approach to the game." Scherff has 33 3/8-inch arms, shorter than one would like in a left tackle. We still think he can be one.
Source: ESPN Insider Apr 25 - 11:13 PM"

I would be happy with Scherff. A pick that upgrades your trenches is always a good pick. You can plug him in at RT or move Long out to RT and shift Scherff in at guard. Fox and Gase know about moving players around on the line (they did so very effectively in Denver) and if they think Long can make a seamless transition to tackle, I would be all for it. Can you imagine Long taking Scherff under his wing and those two working out together? Those guys would be two cornerstones for our offensive line for the better part of a decade.

Scherff never visited the Bears though...Bears might not see the value there at #7.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Says who? When Marshall and Jeffery were the the best 1-2 Wrs in the league nobody was taking about "needing" speed. And yes, speed is easy to find.

Ok I admit the "speed is hard to find" comment was stupid, I was fairly hung over at the time. Saying no one has complained about not having a deep threat/burner is equally stupid, though.