Prospect Buzz

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@danpompei: 1. Most front office men I’ve talked with believe Titans will take Mariota or trade out; picking another player at 2 is seen as unlikely.

@danpompei: 2. Andrus Peat is the cleanest of the OTs & has LT ability (most teams thinking of Scherff is a G). Peat could go higher than expected.

@danpompei: 3. DT Danny Shelton in the top 10 is completely justifiable. He can do a lot to help a D, and he is very rare. Would fit in well with Bears.

@danpompei: 4. Hearing Bud Dupree as high as 8 to Falcs. Might not have upside of some DE/OLBs, but teams feel they know what they are getting with him.

@danpompei: 5. Don’t think I’m buying Gurley top 10 talk. As 1 scout said, he may have to open the season on PUP, & probably won’t be himself until 2016

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From WALTER

Sources say that the Jets are open for business at pick six. General manager Mike Maccagnan loves to have lots of picks at his disposal and New York will be eager to field offers for the sixth pick. New York is hopeful that Amari Cooper or Kevin White will go before they are on the clock. That could create a need for a team to trade up to land the other receiver in front of the Bears.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson today in his "mock" has the Bears picking OT Scherff. Wouldn't kill me to see this pick. He could make a really good RT. Would be a great right side of the line to run behind.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
@danpompei: @danpompei: 5. Don’t think i’m buying gurley top 10 talk. As 1 scout said, he may have to open the season on pup, & probably won’t be himself until 2016

exactly

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If you take Scherff at 7 he has to play LT.

Drafting an OG at 7 is stupid.

agreed. that said, i think scherff can play left tackle in the NFL, but i see him more of a solid tackle then a franchise player there. in my opinion, he's a super safe pick. he will be at worst a very good guard and probably a pro bowl player if he stays there. personally, i prefer peat who i think has a lot more potential as a left tackle. at least at 7.

like you said, i also think taking a guard in the top 10 is stupid.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you take Scherff at 7 he has to play LT.

Drafting an OG at 7 is stupid.

Not if the guy starts at guard in his first year and then moves to tackle later. It is a perfectly smart decision. Scherff will be a starting offensive lineman for the next ten years and a potential all-pro. And I don't care where they play him in his rookie year. Putting he and Long together on the offensive line will put Forte in the pro bowl and allow Bennett to thrive as a receiver.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet Schreff aint even the first OLman taken....

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
Rand Getlin retweeted Peter Schrager
Helluva player.
‏@PSchrags
Alvin "Bud" Dupree is getting legitimate Top ten buzz this week. Chicago at 7, Atlanta at 8-- two possibilities.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
Rand Getlin retweeted Peter Schrager
Helluva player.
‏@PSchrags
Alvin "Bud" Dupree is getting legitimate Top ten buzz this week. Chicago at 7, Atlanta at 8-- two possibilities.

Jason Goff on the Score was talking about how he was hearing Dupree buzz from his sources around the Bears. It was a couple of weeks ago.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
For some reason, I think of Dupree as more of an Urlacher type prospect. He might turn out to be an ILB.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
For some reason, I think of Dupree as more of an Urlacher type prospect. He might turn out to be an ILB.

I dont see that at all. He is a DL/LB he has a DE body also, he may play some ILB and rush from that spot though.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@PSchrags: Alvin "Bud" Dupree is getting legitimate Top ten buzz this week. Chicago at 7, Atlanta at 8-- two possibilities.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mid Round Hope:

Ty Montgomery -- WR/KR --- Stanford :

One of the best kick and punt returners in the nation in his collegiate career. Excellent speed and hands. QB issues kept Stanford from getting him the ball at receiver more or he'd be a higher receiver pick. The Bears need some big time help in special teams and he is it as well as giving them a break-out threat from the slot. IF he is there in the 4th round, I'd want him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shelton is currently projected to finish his combine 40 in less than a day:)

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Rumors and smoke screen week. White and Cooper aren't head and shoulders above everyone else so I expect little to no trade market for them. Last year was the exception to the rule of production for rookie receivers not the standard. Expect 40 catches 400 yards and 4 touchdowns from a rookie. You don't trade up unless it's for Megatron.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AllbrightNFL: #Chargers interest in moving up to #2 dried up and #Titans front office again begins leaking they'll take Mariota?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Mid Round Hope:

Ty Montgomery -- WR/KR --- Stanford :

One of the best kick and punt returners in the nation in his collegiate career. Excellent speed and hands. QB issues kept Stanford from getting him the ball at receiver more or he'd be a higher receiver pick. The Bears need some big time help in special teams and he is it as well as giving them a break-out threat from the slot. IF he is there in the 4th round, I'd want him.
He's terrible. Hands suck. I only think he's draftable for return ability

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jason Goff on the Score was talking about how he was hearing Dupree buzz from his sources around the Bears. It was a couple of weeks ago.
I called Dupree to the Bears pre-combine. Called it at 7 before, but recently figured he was a trade down target. If Cooper and Beasley are gone, with the rumors of Atlanta taking Dupree at 8, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears pulled the trigger at 7. Gregory's weed and weight may have played against the Bears.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I called Dupree to the Bears pre-combine. Called it at 7 before, but recently figured he was a trade down target. If Cooper and Beasley are gone, with the rumors of Atlanta taking Dupree at 8, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears pulled the trigger at 7. Gregory's weed and weight may have played against the Bears.

i want to like dupree, and when i read about him i think "ok, what am i not seeing" because whenever i watch his game film i come away totally and completely underwhelmed. he just seems to be very passive. there are times when a running back runs within a couple feet of him and he's moving at half speed and doesn't even try to make a play. from what i can tell, he has absolutely no football instincts. like at all. he also has t-rex arms and that showed in college where once he was blocked that was pretty much it.

i understand his athletic ability and physical upside are off the charts, and if the bears do take him at 7 i will trust in fox and fangio to be able to develop him. but i personally don't see it at all. a player of his athletic make-up should have been a dominant college player, and he wasn't even close to that.