Prospect Buzz

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yeah the tools are there.

His combine is right up there with JJ Watt in terms of freak show.

His production actually is comparable to the other rushers not named Beasley. 15 sacks the last 2 seasons, puts him right in the same ball park as Gregory and Ray, and better than Fowler.

Ray didn't play last year because he rode the bench behind two NFL draft choices so to lump his two year production in with Fowler and Gregory is silly.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Ray didn't play last year because he rode the bench behind two NFL draft choices so to lump his two year production in with Fowler and Gregory is silly.

Would you be opposed to drafting Cooper or White at 7 and then trading back up to the mid 20s to get Ray?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amari Cooper - WR - Player

One AFC personnel man says the Jaguars like Alabama WR Amari Cooper "more than they are letting on."

There continues to be a lot of smoke around Cooper to the Jags at No. 3 overall. Although they have Allen Robinson locked in at X, they've been desperately trying to surround Blake Bortles with as many weapons as possible. GM Dave Caldwell dumped a truckload of money on TE Julius Thomas and made an unsuccessful play for slot man Randall Cobb. Cooper can play both the slot and Z, much like incumbent Marqise Lee.

Related: Jaguars

Source: Yahoo Sports

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He sat behind Michael Sam.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AdamSchefter: At least two teams, possibly more, have approached NY Jets about trading for Muhammad Wilkerson, per league source. Bares watching Thursday.

Would trade anything but our 1st

kennyb3

Liked Posts:
Did I compare him to JJ Watt.

I compared the level of their combine, which were both off the charts.

But Beasley's numbers were above Watt's on the explosiveness index (the numbers were simply incredible), yet you are saying Dupree has the best raw tools?

I'd say Beasley has the best athlethic ability the Dupree.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Did I compare him to JJ Watt.

I compared the level of their combine, which were both off the charts.

All of Watt's tests were off the charts for his size. Not all of Dupree's tests were off the charts for his size. Meh: Did not bench at combine or pro day (wtf?), 4.46 shuttle, 7.45 3-cone.

kennyb3

Liked Posts:
Hodor. Michael Sam was a tremendous college player. College players do not play based on their ability to project to the NFL game, they play based on their ability to play the college game.

All the same is it not a worry that a potential top 10 pick couldn't beat out a guy out of the league in less than a year.

I'd like BearsFan51's take though as he is the one driving the Ray bandwagon.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jeff Risdon

Quote:
I don't agree with this, but look for the Bears to take a wideout at 7. They'd prefer Amari Cooper but be perfectly happy with Kevin White. If they're both gone--and they are in my final mock--it's Leonard Williams (he's the dropper if the WRs rise) or pray for a trade. And Landon Collins to CHI in the 2nd is a safe projection if he lasts that long.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But Beasley's numbers were above Watt's on the explosiveness index (the numbers were simply incredible), yet you are saying Dupree has the best raw tools?

I'd say Beasley has the best athlethic ability the Dupree.

Clayton was saying Beasley might drop due to size.

His rational was that a lot of these 3-4 guys are from the Parcells tree and they want big OLBs. Realistically Beasley will play at 240 which is not huge.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the tools are there.

His combine is right up there with JJ Watt in terms of freak show.

His production actually is comparable to the other rushers not named Beasley. 15 sacks the last 2 seasons, puts him right in the same ball park as Gregory and Ray, and better than Fowler.

I am just so burned by the Angelo Emery years.... I am sick of taking elite athletes... I WANT ELITE FOOTBALL PLAYERS!! lol.... problem is they may all be gone by pick #7 and all you'll have left to choose from is the " elite athletes with upside " haha.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I am just so burned by the Angelo Emery years.... I am sick of taking elite athletes... I WANT ELITE FOOTBALL PLAYERS!! lol.... problem is they may all be gone by pick #7 and all you'll have left to choose from is the " elite athletes with upside " haha.

are there really any elite football players in this draft?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
are there really any elite football players in this draft?

to me, Amari Cooper, Todd Gurley ( minus the ACL concerns ), Leonard Williams, Dante Fowler, Jameis Winston, and maybe Kevin White....are all guys that would fit that bill. Not many questions about whether their game will translate to the NFL or where they will fit positionally.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Mike Renner reports that Pro Football Focus uncovered "red flags" when digging into Kentucky edge rusher Bud Dupree's stats and film.

"The most meaningful one is that only three of his 36 pressures came against tackles with positive pass-blocking grades for the season," he wrote. "While he posted an overall respectable pass-rushing productivity mark of 9.8, that number dropped to 7.1 against SEC competition. A third of those pressures against SEC competition came versus Missouri's right tackle, Taylor Chappell, who had the second-worst pass-blocking grade in the country." That's a pretty damning stat, though some will argue Dupree wasn't given a fair shake in college to learn one position and stick to it. Renner added that Dupree didn't generate even one pressure off of a bull rush in 2014. "Those stats paint the picture of a player who feasted on weak competition and then put up impressive workout numbers, rather than a complete pass-rusher," he wrote. Apr 26 - 8:33 PM

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
just for perspective, its crazy that Dupree can jump a foot higher than Cooper.
do realize how hard it would be for a QB to throw around him in any kind of zone coverage?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Mike Renner reports that Pro Football Focus uncovered "red flags" when digging into Kentucky edge rusher Bud Dupree's stats and film.

"The most meaningful one is that only three of his 36 pressures came against tackles with positive pass-blocking grades for the season," he wrote. "While he posted an overall respectable pass-rushing productivity mark of 9.8, that number dropped to 7.1 against SEC competition. A third of those pressures against SEC competition came versus Missouri's right tackle, Taylor Chappell, who had the second-worst pass-blocking grade in the country." That's a pretty damning stat, though some will argue Dupree wasn't given a fair shake in college to learn one position and stick to it. Renner added that Dupree didn't generate even one pressure off of a bull rush in 2014. "Those stats paint the picture of a player who feasted on weak competition and then put up impressive workout numbers, rather than a complete pass-rusher," he wrote. Apr 26 - 8:33 PM

Yikes. I really hope we do not reach for him.