Prospect Buzz

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I just read a tweet, where Shelton said the BEARS and browns have shown the most interest in him.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I just read a tweet, where Shelton said the BEARS and browns have shown the most interest in him.

Shelton to the Browns seems like an open secret, but I'm not sure he has the versatility Fangio likes. Malcom Brown out of Texas might be more of a DT/NT tweener he seems to prefer.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Doesn't seem to like Beasley overall because he must work in space and can't do much against the run. Has high praise, though, for speed and ability to get to the QB. His highlights are almost exclusively running around people. Not any going through people or shedding blocks. Might be a concern in the NFL where he won't just be able to run around people.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Doesn't seem to like Beasley overall because he must work in space and can't do much against the run. Has high praise, though, for speed and ability to get to the QB. His highlights are almost exclusively running around people. Not any going through people or shedding blocks. Might be a concern in the NFL where he won't just be able to run around people.

Beasley is still going to straight run around guys in the NFL, and he's going to make some very good LTs look downright goofy doing so. What happens when teams run at him is another matter, however.

Liked Posts:
Trade #7 to STL for #10 and Brockers; take Dupree or Shelton at 10, WR in the 2nd round.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
You're wrong. The guy is a stud who would be ideal as a slot receiver or even a third down back. He is 6' and 220 pound with 4.5 speed and can break tackles. IF Stanford had a qb that could hit him early in his route, he'd been a higher pick.
Stanford has a good QB.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Gruden and Kiper are both high on Gregory in terms of ability. They say he was on track to maybe be the number one pick before this past year. A lot of physicality and running straight through the field from point a to b. Keep the ganja at home and he may have a heck of an impact.

Liked Posts:
Gruden and Kiper are both high on Gregory in terms of ability. They say he was on track to maybe be the number one pick before this past year. A lot of physicality and running straight through the field from point a to b. Keep the ganja at home and he may have a heck of an impact.

His lack of weight still scares the shit out of me; NFL tackles don't compare to even the best collegiate tackles in terms of strength.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Man, Gruden DOES NOT like Armstead. Brings up the video of all the times defenses went right at him and either ate him up or ran by him.

Of course, lowlights are like highlights---only show you the extreme
Armstead played ball down the street from me. People that i know that seen him play say he is very soft and this was in hs against smaller kids.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Kiper says Cooper is an extremely hard worker always trying to get better. Says he sees him going to Jaguars at 3 or Raiders at 4. "I don't see him getting past the fourth pick.

Neither has much to say in terms of actual analysis, just things like "top receiver" and "championship player".

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Kiper says White has the size and ability to succeed. Yet, when you look at actual game tape, Cooper is clearly better. Not much else. They didn't spend much time on White. Personally, I'd be ecstatic with either Cooper or White.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Gruden very high on Devante Parker. Hands catcher. Runs north and south. Quick. No wasted movement or false moves.

Kiper likes his catch radius, says he's physical with long arms. "I think he's AJ Green"

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Armstead played ball down the street from me. People that i know that seen him play say he is very soft and this was in hs against smaller kids.

As an ex-lineman- insert laugh here folks- the fact people are actually considering Armstead a top 10 pick is laughable. The guys is a decent college DT with a lot of length, good movement and some legit ability with his hands. Football dumb people salivate over his length and imagined upside, but I don't see the explosive suddeness in his play or on field speed for him to ever be a dominant pass rusher/player really. The chassis looks amazing, but the you aren't getting an elite engine imho.

He is only 20 though, so maybe he will continue to progress athletically. The one thing I do know is if you never show explosiveness on tape, you probably just aren't functionally explosive.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Kiper using platitudes to talk about Dorial Green-Beckham. "Fear factor player." "Potential." Stuff like that.

Gruden's very low on him. Doesn't win the 50-50 balls. Sub-par hands. Lack of separation. Says he doesn't see what others see

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amari Cooper - WR - Player

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Jaguars, Raiders, and Redskins are all "very open to moving down" in the first round of the draft.

Jacksonville, Oakland, and Washington sit in order at Nos. 3, 4, and 5. We're not sure who a team would be wanting to come up for, but it's likely a receiver like Amari Cooper, a pass rusher like Dante Fowler, or DL Leonard Williams.

Related: Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Perriman very fast (Kiper says 4.2 40 at UCF). But both seem to agree he's wasted potential at this point. Too many drops. Gruden doesn't think he's close to top 10. Kiper believes he might be. "Who's going to match up, Jon? What corner can stick with him?" Thinks he will be very dangerous if he gets his act together

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
At this point, I am thinking the Bears will look to see if Amari or Williams drops. If they don't, they look for a trade down scenario. If there is none, they stick with their guy and take Shelton at #7.

Shelton is a perfect fit when you look at what Pace wants and John Fox relationship with bigger DT's. Shelton is a mountain of man with supreme strength, good leadership qualities and strong character. He will be Vince Wilfork-lite (not in weight but in playing ability)

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Gruden very high on Devante Parker. Hands catcher. Runs north and south. Quick. No wasted movement or false moves.

Kiper likes his catch radius, says he's physical with long arms. "I think he's AJ Green"

THIS^^

He is better than White. Parker had like 3 drops in 3 seasons or something.