I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@PSchrags: Vic Beasley, two days from the Draft, tells me he has not had any real conversations with the Bears.

so vic Beasley will be our pick then :shrug:

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
So you think every "draft expert" is wrong about him??

I never said anything to contradict draft experts, I just generally wanted to know what was so special/elite.

and FYI, draft experts are often times wrong about a lot of players.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Rumor has it that the Titans are going to trade the #2 overall pick and it's between the Chargers and Eagles with currently the Chargers being in the lead because they are offering a franchise QB (Rivers) whereas the Eagles would be offering draft picks + non-QBs (Bradford would go to Cleveland for 12 and that pick would be a part of the trade up).

What I'm hearing the Eagles are offering: Cleveland 2015 1st (12th overall), Philly 2015 first (20th overall), Mychal Kendricks, Fletcher Cox, and potenatially 1-2 more picks.

On a semi-related noted both Evan Mathis and Mychal Kendricks have been unoffically told that they will be traded durring or leading up to the draft. Other potential people to be traded are Brandon Boykins, Vinny Curry and Fletcher Cox.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I never said anything to contradict draft experts, I just generally wanted to know what was so special/elite.

and FYI, draft experts are often times wrong about a lot of players.

as far as cooper goes, he has special/elite hands and route running ability...two pretty important things for a wideout....hafta be able to get open and have to catch it when it comes your way :shrug:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Rumor has it that the Titans are going to trade the #2 overall pick and it's between the Chargers and Eagles with currently the Chargers being in the lead because they are offering a franchise QB (Rivers) whereas the Eagles would be offering draft picks + non-QBs (Bradford would go to Cleveland for 12 and that pick would be a part of the trade up).

What I'm hearing the Eagles are offering: Cleveland 2015 1st (12th overall), Philly 2015 first (20th overall), Mychal Kendricks, Fletcher Cox, and potenatially 1-2 more picks.

On a semi-related noted both Evan Mathis and Mychal Kendricks have been unoffically told that they will be traded durring or leading up to the draft. Other potential people to be traded are Brandon Boykins, Vinny Curry and Fletcher Cox.

Lets see some links.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
as far as cooper goes, he has special/elite hands and route running ability...two pretty important things for a wideout....hafta be able to get open and have to catch it when it comes your way :shrug:

Cooper is pretty damn special period. He is easily the most complete WR to come out of college since AJ Green. Impeccable route runner who gets in and out of his breaks as fast as anybody. He has the speed to run away from defenders and the ability to stop on a dime and make defenders look downright silly.

I am not in the draft a WR at 7 club but it would be hard to argue against a prospect like Cooper.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cooper is pretty damn special period. He is easily the most complete WR to come out of college since AJ Green. Impeccable route runner who gets in and out of his breaks as fast as anybody. He has the speed to run away from defenders and the ability to stop on a dime and make defenders look downright silly.

I am not in the draft a WR at 7 club but it would be hard to argue against a prospect like Cooper.

im right there with ya....not a fan of taking a WR at #7 either(and will still be surprised if pace/fox do)....but cooper would be an exception for me as well.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs

An anonymous NFL scout is concerned about Georgia RB Todd Gurley lasting in the league and compared him to Adrian Peterson and Walter Payton as "very violent and aggressive as a runner."

"You start comparing him to Bo (Jackson) and Herschel (Walker) and Adrian (Peterson), that's when you know you're dealing with a special player," said another scout. "Physically, this dude can do everything. He's my favorite player in the draft. He's a football all-day guy." Gurley ran 510 times for 3,285 yards in college. "You start comparing him to Bo (Jackson) and Herschel (Walker) and Adrian (Peterson), that's when you know you're dealing with a special player," said one scout. "Physically, this dude can do everything. He's my favorite player in the draft. He's a football all-day guy." The Bulldog back will reportedly go anywhere from the Jets at No. 6 to the Dolphins at No. 16. "Gurley's different than Marshawn (Lynch)," a veteran scout said. "More explosive than Eddie George. Fred Taylor wasn't as explosive, either. Probably better than Steven Jackson. I don't think he's better than Bo Jackson."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That would be ridiculous for the Eagles.

Cox is a defensive cornerstone.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Denzel Perryman - LB - Hurricanes

Alonzo Highsmith, senior personal director for the Green Bay Packers, is already stumping for Miami ILB Denzel Perryman at the end of Round 1, reports TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

"The team would then push Clay Matthews to the outside," Pauline wrote. "The belief is Green Bay still values a cornerback with that first pick and I hear Eric Rowe continues to be in the mix, but don’t dismiss Perryman." We won't. ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden said recently that Perryman "makes all the tackles" and is "the most explosive hitter in this draft." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein likens Perryman to D'Qwell Jackson.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

I would be all for Fletcher Cox, really good 5 tech who can rush from the 3 in sub.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Trey Flowers - DL - Razorbacks

Arkansas edge player Trey Flowers "reminds me of LaMarr Woodley coming out of Michigan," says ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden.

"He physically can play the run," Gruden said. "He could be an outside linebacker and stand on his feet. He has the ability to move on a zone blitz, read the quarterback, break on the ball and intercept it. He is instinctive, he is physical and he is relentless." The former coach loves Flowers' versatility as it translates to the NFL. "A lot of times, teams are forcing you to play nickel all the time, anyway, and the outside linebacker in a 3-4 plays defensive end in the nickel. I need a guy who can play both positions. Flowers can do that," Gruden said

RisWell

Liked Posts:
On sports science Cooper is actually faster than white and was actually the fastest reciever they testes and has much better quickness also, and 211 pounds is not small.
Cooper is also probably the best route runner in the draft.
Yes he was a little faster then White. So it shows you just how impressive White is being the bigger/ taller man.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Holy Crap...that'd be some DRAFT DAY crap right there.... wouldnt put it past him though... said he wouldnt mortgage the future for a player, that doesnt mean he wouldnt mortgage his current roster.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@RUSSLANDE: Heard that Falcons told Missouri DE S. Ray that they will draft him 7th overall, The Packers are targeting LB D. Perryman with the (2 of 3)

@JoeBanner13: No doubt in my mind Eagles will make a serious run at Mariota. Going from 20-2 is expensive, but let's not act like it can't happen.

@AllbrightNFL: As far as I know, only the Chargers, Eagles and Rams were still sniffing around Mariota. Some reporting Browns, had not heard that.

@NYGDaily: Leonard Williams said the Giants reached out to him for his two best contact numbers. Let the speculation begin!

@danpompei: 3. There are scouts who believe Melvin Gordon has top 10 talent and will be a difference maker. He could go higher than you think.

@LukeEasterling: Per @PatMcManamon, #Browns have offered their two 1st-round picks to the #Titans for the No. 2 overall pick. Would take Mariota. #NFLDraft

@danpompei: 5. Regardless of Shane Ray’s indiscretion, scouts tell me they will be surprised if he falls out of the first.

@danpompei: 6. With other edge rushers having issues, Dante Fowler keeps looking better to teams I’ve spoken with. Will someone move up for him?

@danpompei: 7. Keep hearing Arik Armstead to 49ers from front office men. Probably means everybody is wrong.

@danpompei: 10. A player who is getting some late buzz is OT Jake Fisher. Teams like his athleticism and size potential. He could leapfrog some OTs.

@ClaytonESPN: I still wouldn't be surprised if the Atlanta Falcons aren't talking with the Raiders about No. 4. They could get Dante Fowler there.

@AllbrightNFL: #Titans previously rejected #Browns 2 1st rounder offer, asking for them to include their second as well.

Last edited:

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why do I keep coming back to this thread thinking there will be something worth reading?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

PFT is saying that CLE is offering both their 1st round picks to TEN.