Prospect Buzz

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
PFT is saying that CLE is offering both their 1st round picks to TEN.

Cleveland is the most obvious landing spot for Mariota given ownership's desperation to find an answer at the QB position having written off Manziel completely. It'll cost them more than that, however. They'll pay in the end though, because they have no choice.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Shane Ray - DL - Tigers

Missouri edge rusher Shane Ray "is just a pain in the butt to block," says ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden.

Gruden specifically likes that Ray defends the run, in addition to his pass-rushing skill. "They used him on these stunts where he is really effective," Gruden said. "People say he gets a lot of sacks on these stunts. Well, I know a lot of defensive ends that don't like coming in there because sometimes that center whacks your face off. Ray comes inside on these stunts with a recklessness that I love. He gets off the rock with an edge rush that is hard to block." Ray's stock is down, which could lead to a nice value opportunity for some team in the second half of Round 1. He was cited

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Arik Armstead - DL - Ducks

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden said he would "not select [Oregon DL Arik Armstead] in the first round based on the production."

"I just do not get enough Armstead on any of these tapes," Gruden said. "He doesn't have a lot of production." As we like to say, the 6-foot-7, 292-pound Armstead has the talent of a top-five pick and the production to go on Day 2 or 3. "At the college level, with a man of this stature, you should walk out of the stadium going, 'Holy cow, this Armstead is unbelievable!'" Gruden said. "I do not remember a film that I put down and said, 'I'm going to go get my season tickets renewed and buy an Armstead jersey.' I do not think it was a lack of effort. It was a lack of getting there and making the play --- not penetrating, not beating the block."

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but future picks aren't worth nearly waaay current picks are. Two 1sts in the same draft is really good.

Not if it is considered to be a weak draft year, as this one reportedly is.

Just because a player is a first round draft pick doesn't always mean he was graded as such; some teams only have 10 or 15 players with a first round grade.

Liked Posts:
Arik Armstead - DL - Ducks

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden said he would "not select [Oregon DL Arik Armstead] in the first round based on the production."

"I just do not get enough Armstead on any of these tapes," Gruden said. "He doesn't have a lot of production." As we like to say, the 6-foot-7, 292-pound Armstead has the talent of a top-five pick and the production to go on Day 2 or 3. "At the college level, with a man of this stature, you should walk out of the stadium going, 'Holy cow, this Armstead is unbelievable!'" Gruden said. "I do not remember a film that I put down and said, 'I'm going to go get my season tickets renewed and buy an Armstead jersey.' I do not think it was a lack of effort. It was a lack of getting there and making the play --- not penetrating, not beating the block."

I've wanted no part of him from the beginning; too physically talented to have produced such "meh" results.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Cleveland is the most obvious landing spot for Mariota given ownership's desperation to find an answer at the QB position having written off Manziel completely. It'll cost them more than that, however. They'll pay in the end though, because they have no choice.

The question in this draft is who is going to have the balls to write off Winston and Mariota. Both are QBs I would not touch in the first round.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2m2 minutes ago
LSU OT La'el Collins is getting removed from multiple #NFL draft boards pending some additional clarity on this murder case by Thurs night.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Lets see some links.

No.

Seriously though it was Sal Paolantonio on a Philly radio station just giving his update. He didn't provide his contacts, but it was the most recent things he's been hearing from his 'sources'.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That would be ridiculous for the Eagles.

Cox is a defensive cornerstone.

Yeah, Cox is just a great player. When the Eagles ran a wide 9 4-3 he lined up in all 4 spots. He has the short area speed to be an outside rusher and can consistently beat inside blockers when playing at a DT. I wouldn't be happy with the trade, but at the end of the day franchise QB > all other positions and Chip knows Mariota better than any scout/GM/coach in pro football.

I'd add Chip has two 10 win seasons and in both season the backup QB has played at least 1/2 the snaps. Foles started 10 games backing up Vick and Sanchez started 8 games backing up Foles. I'm curious to see what this offense does with a system fit QB for a full season.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2m2 minutes ago
LSU OT La'el Collins is getting removed from multiple #NFL draft boards pending some additional clarity on this murder case by Thurs night.

At this part of the draft that's exactly what I'd be saying if I was a GM...

From what I've read he's not a suspect and being questioned more to learn about the victim, but then again I know how that type of questioning can turn out...

columbo-scratching-o.gif

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
It was great. He really didn't like Waynes though who we're being linked with!

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Yes he was a little faster then White. So it shows you just how impressive White is being the bigger/ taller man.

Cooper is the better receiver, but that is not taking anything away from White who is a great prospect also/

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Peggy Kusinski NBC Chicago
6 mins ·
W. Virginia WR Kevin White at ‪#‎NFLDraft2015‬ NFL Play 60 FB Clinic today said if he's there at #7 he thinks the ‪#‎Bears‬ will take him. Said Bears coaches talked to him about replacing Brandon Marshall. Chicago GM Ryan Pace on the need for a #1 WR said, "that's a position you can always add to ... to pair guys up with Alshon (Jeffery) not a bad thing."