Prospect Buzz

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Beasley alot too, he just gives me that ichy feeling of college and combine stud... dud (or underwhelming) in the nfl as a one trick pony. His type (alittle undersize, relied on speed in college, ) vs a guy like Fowler that is already playing with good power and technique makes me leary of using top 10 pick on him. Folwer may not run past everyone but is very effective disrupting and getting to the ball.

I definilty wouldnt cry or pout if we ended up taking Vic, but given Bears reported lack of contact with him seems like he's not exactly there top choice or they dont expect him to be there at 7.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I understand but alot of that " CONTACT" is failed arm tackles, guys lunging for him and him running right through, dont see him doing an exorbinant amount of trucking....at least not enough to go "man this guy isnt going to last long" To me those are the bigger slower guys that just dont have the agility and speed to avoid contact.

So? Then Gurley was better than anyone else at running through arm tackles. Hardly seems it shouldn't be a plus

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I like Beasley alot too, he just gives me that ichy feeling of college and combine stud... dud (or underwhelming) in the nfl as a one trick pony. His type (alittle undersize, relied on speed in college, ) vs a guy like Fowler that is already playing with good power and technique makes me leary of using top 10 pick on him. Folwer may not run past everyone but is very effective disrupting and getting to the ball.

I definilty wouldnt cry or pout if we ended up taking Vic, but given Bears reported lack of contact with him seems like he's not exactly there top choice or they dont expect him to be there at 7.
Agree, and unfortunately Fowler will be long gone before #7. Also, there were a couple of clemson busts that come to mind... Gaines Adams and Da'Quan Bowers.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I knew what 8 player Polian was talking about on Mike and Mike as being heads and shoulders above the rest. But, obviously i'm not a former GM with a lot of friends in the league who are scouting talent for this draft. Beasley has some very nice attributes, but it sure sounded like Gurley was high on Polian's list after his interview on radio. Gurley sounded intelligent, but its all about the knee. Gurley does sound like exactly the type of big strong back Fox loves.

Crap, can't wait for tonight.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Jay Glazer says the Bears' guy might be Fowler, with White as the backup. Didn't say what happens when both those guys go before 7, lol.

I understand this guy actually has legitimate sources, but man, he sounds all the time like he's talking out of his ass

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Early morning draft day take-it-how-you-will rumor... #Jets trying to move to #2 (Fowler) would move #Titans to 6 (White)

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 1m1 minute ago
WR Kevin White, CB Trae Wayne, OLB Shane Ray all visited #Bears at Halas Hall. OG Brandon Scherff, OLB Vic Beasley, NT Danny Shelton did not

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wish I knew what 8 player Polian was talking about on Mike and Mike as being heads and shoulders above the rest. But, obviously i'm not a former GM with a lot of friends in the league who are scouting talent for this draft. Beasley has some very nice attributes, but it sure sounded like Gurley was high on Polian's list after his interview on radio. Gurley sounded intelligent, but its all about the knee. Gurley does sound like exactly the type of big strong back Fox loves.

Same here on both counts.

I mean, 6 are obvious, right? Mariota, Winston, Fowler, Williams, Cooper and White. But who are the other two?? Ray? Beasley? Gordon? GURLEY???? God, this waiting shit sucks.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Early morning draft day take-it-how-you-will rumor... #Jets trying to move to #2 (Fowler) would move #Titans to 6 (White)

Fuck those bitches

AussieBear

he says gurley reminds him of edgerrin james

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
PFT is reporting that Fletchet Cox could be trade bait for Mariota. LOL Eagles.....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Jay Glazer says the Bears' guy might be Fowler, with White as the backup. Didn't say what happens when both those guys go before 7, lol.

I understand this guy actually has legitimate sources, but man, he sounds all the time like he's talking out of his ass

When Glazer says 'might' it's still 5X more accurate than 95% of the reports you read.

Not really a crazy rumor. Fowler at 7 would be a huge value play. It's really not much different than saying if Williams fell they would jump on him. Both are considered top talents in this draft.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
PFT is reporting that Fletchet Cox could be trade bait for Mariota. LOL Eagles.....

Rumor is that Bradford will be traded for the 19th to Cleveland. The Eagles would be offering:

19th overall in 2015
20th overall in 2015
first rounder in 2016
2 players which could be any combination of Mychal Kendricks, Evan Mathis, Brandon Boykin or Fletcher Cox.

There's also a rumor that both Mathis and Kendricks have been told by the team they will be with another team by the end of the draft.

I really don't want to lose Fletcher Cox, but the last time the Eagles had a pick that high they got a franchise QB in McNabb, so it could be worth it. Chip Kelly knows Mariota and his system better than anyone in the NFL. If he's all in on him then I'd be cool with it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Rumor is that Bradford will be traded for the 19th to Cleveland. The Eagles would be offering:

19th overall in 2015
20th overall in 2015
first rounder in 2016
2 players which could be any combination of Mychal Kendricks, Evan Mathis, Brandon Boykin or Fletcher Cox.

There's also a rumor that both Mathis and Kendricks have been told by the team they will be with another team by the end of the draft.

I really don't want to lose Fletcher Cox, but the last time the Eagles had a pick that high they got a franchise QB in McNabb, so it could be worth it. Chip Kelly knows Mariota and his system better than anyone in the NFL. If he's all in on him then I'd be cool with it.

Is it REALLY worth it?

It's like the guy that gives up EVERYTHING to get the girl. Life is not hollywood. There is always a point of no return.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

19th overall in 2015
20th overall in 2015
first rounder in 2016

Aren't you a little bit worried that Kelly might not be the HC forever? I mean players like Cox will be staples no matter who the coach is... But Mariota might just be a Kelly only kind of player.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If Gregory somehow slips to the 2nd round, I'd want CHI to be all over that and trade up.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So? Then Gurley was better than anyone else at running through arm tackles. Hardly seems it shouldn't be a plus

I am saying it IS a plus... he's not a bull you over type of runner that say Eddie Lacy is, therefore his long term durability isnt a big concern for me, as it seems to be for some scouts per reports.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel does not like Dupree at all. He said that he is a project who should go around 25.

Gabriel is one of the last people i'd listen to when evaluating draft talent... guilty by association with BAD BEARS DRAFT HISTORY.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can definitely see a team moving up to get Cooper... specially with so many teams in top 10 saying they are open to moving down.

This has got to be one of the most un predictable first rounds ( top 10's ) in a long time.

Amari Cooper- WR - Player

Bleacher Report's Dan Pompei is "hearing" the Rams "could move up" for Alabama WR Amari Cooper.

In the same breath, Pompei said the Rams are also a "wildcard" to trade back in the draft. Nobody really has a handle on what St. Louis plans to do at No. 10 overall. The feeling is it would like a playmaker, but could happily settle for an offensive lineman if Cooper and Kevin White are off the board. Cooper has been linked to the Jaguars, Raiders, Bears, and Giants at picks 3, 4, 7, and 9.

Related: Rams

Source: Dan Pompei on Twitter