Rate the last movie you watched

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The meg 2. This director has made interesting if uneven shit like the kill list and the sightseers and suddenly makes a boring if winking-at-self shark horror genre movie sequel? Is he just trolling, cynical, needs to feed his family, and/or all?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Watched expendables 1-3 since they were about to go off netflix. Wanted to see them but hadn't gotten to them.
They are homages to the old 80s action movies and include loads of the old stars Stallone, Arnold, Willis, JCVD, Gibson, Jet Li, Harridon Ford.

Chuck Norris even shows up in a great cameo.

Absurdly over the top action with horrible dialogue and bad one liners. Loads of fan service. Arnold actually says "Get to the CHOPPER"

Loved them

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone having some horror marathons for Halloween?

Watched Eyes Without a Face last night.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone having some horror marathons for Halloween?

Did the 'House of Usher' series on Netflix.

I thought they were pretty good modern day remakes of those old Corman movies with Vincent Price. Far from flawless, but still as much fun as the 60s flicks despite no Price hamming it up.

Edgar Allen Poe would probably hate it, but Roger Corman would probably love it.

7/10

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So how'd you like it? I believe it's french subtitled. I saw it a couple years ago.
Aye, it's French. I've seen it a few times over the years. The score to it is whacky.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did the 'House of Usher' series on Netflix.

I thought they were pretty good modern day remakes of those old Corman movies with Vincent Price. Far from flawless, but still as much fun as the 60s flicks despite no Price hamming it up.

Edgar Allen Poe would probably hate it, but Roger Corman would probably love it.

7/10
I put that in my queue a few days ago. Someone recommended I watch The Haunting of Hill House as well.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the 60s version of The Haunting The other night and it has some pretty cool parts to it. On HBO if you have it.

Did you ever see 'Legend of Hell House'?

Made in the 70s...Roddy McDowell....

It was based on a great haunted house book simply called 'Hell House'. It was pretty intense for it's time and would love to see someone remake it now.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought 'Haunting of Hill House' sucked. Just my opinion.

'Infinity Pool' by David Cronenberg's son Brandon is pretty bananas, if contrived. His previous one, 'Possessor', was better.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Did you ever see 'Legend of Hell House'?

Made in the 70s...Roddy McDowell....

It was based on a great haunted house book simply called 'Hell House'. It was pretty intense for it's time and would love to see someone remake it now.
I liked the straight on approach of Legend of Hell House 73. Some cool scenes and effects, like the seance. Kind of a mixed bag. I didn't care for the ending.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I watched the 60s version of The Haunting The other night and it has some pretty cool parts to it. On HBO if you have it.
The Haunting 1963 is good. Cool scenes and great sound effects. I didn't like the abrupt and puzzling ending, but really nice looking film.

The 1999 remake The Haunting is fun, likeable actors like Owen Wilson and Liam Neeson, but definitely not as good. But what the director does do is make great use of the actual Hill House, which is really stunning, The original film didn't showcase it nearly as much.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I think its called Mule.. Clint Eastwood.. shitty movie..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
John Wick 4.. Meh.. first 3 were better... nutz..

Granada

Liked Posts:
Watched a little of The Crow the other night before falling asleep. I used to really like this movie -- still do, but probably not to the extent I used to. I tuned in at the part where the crow is in the cop's/Hudson's apartment; for whatever reason, some of the acting in that particular scene made me cringe. Or maybe it was just the writing in that scene. Nevertheless, haven't seen it in forever, but just seeing that bad scene has given me the motivation to watch it in full again soon.