Reuben Foster arrested for possession of marijuana

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would making it legal and openly present in homes be likely to change that trend?

I doubt that. Hard to predict human nature though. I feel with the taboo removed, it is becoming less interesting to youth. Unfortunately, that interest seems to moving to more dangerous drugs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The trend is different here in Canada then. A study was just released that pot use among people under 30 is declining, while it is the reverse for those over 30. I'll post it, when I find it.

I always forget that your Canadian.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And I appreciate that on these boards. lol

I particularly like this bit from the study you posted, and wish I could nail the idea to the foreheads of people here:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and other members of his government have repeatedly stated that the government's plan to legalize marijuana is to remove profits from criminals

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
All sorts of things are being made illegal by non-governments. Some corporations will fire you if you use tobacco, and most insurance companies will refuse to pay for most all medical treatments if you use it. But it remains legally available everywhere in the U.S. They would do the same for alcohol, if it stayed in the system long enough for you to be tested for its presence a day after your last drink.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All sorts of things are being made illegal by non-governments. Some corporations will fire you if you use tobacco, and most insurance companies will refuse to pay for most all medical treatments if you use it. But it remains legally available everywhere in the U.S. They would do the same for alcohol, if it stayed in the system long enough for you to be tested for its presence a day after your last drink.

This is the natural course of things in our society where the bottom line is the dollar. Same happens here with socialized medicine. Operations to extend life are at times refused, unless the patient is committed to a lifestyle change. I would think Americans would prefer the decision be left with employers, etc, rather than with the government.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Why did you dislike me earlier today? Seemed as if you didn't get the joke I was making.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
What joke were you making by repeating "I hate the fucking Bears" over and over? You do that on a Bears forum, you're gonna get disliked, idiot.

Now, back to tbe Ignore list you go... :)

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since you can't seem to differentiate between off work and on work is it safe to assume you're OK with your surgeon operating on you drunk?

How about your surgeon being underslept and overworked?

So you are ok with your surgeon smoking a bowl before coming to work? No, you idiot I am not for any medical person being impaired in any way working with patients.

I don't think I need to respond any more to such a comment.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've heard arguments that alcohol is actually much worse.

IMHO it is worse. That doesn't make pot a healthy alternative but in the grand scheme of things alcohol use is a much bigger problem. Nothing more fun that taking care of a liver failure patient with eso****eal varicies who is going through DTs at the same time.

As for legalization and youth. I suppose there will be some kids that want to try it. Cigs are illegal for those under 18 but how many of us fired up when we were younger. Part of the 'thrill' was the feeling we were doing something that we were told not to do. Most of us said 'eff this' after a short time. There might be some hard core teenage potheads that result from legalization but I am willing to bet they would probably go that route legal or not.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Be a parent and talk to your kids about drugs. All drugs should be legal, but parents suck at doing their jobs.

Reactions: Myk

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Be a parent and talk to your kids about drugs. All drugs should be legal, but parents suck at doing their jobs.

All drugs? Not sure I am on board with that. Meth is a murderous drug, I mean a life killer. And it only takes one or two hits of it to get hooked. It is scary bad and having it for sale in some store just can't be allowed.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
There is evidence that pot can damage the developing brains of young people. The question is whether legalization will make it more available to kids. Many say no. But I wonder if it is lying around openly in the house, aren't kids more likely to use It? Based on my experience with cigarettes, I'd say yes.

I think this forum is proof that kids aren't developing their brains anyway. There's a lot of faked evidence and this sounds like some.
There's also evidence that nicotine causes brain damage. Compare to most people start smoking before their brains are developed and it wasn't that long ago that smoking rates were extremely high. So where are all the brain damaged people. Similarly with illegal pot, it's easier for kids to get than adults to get and the rates have been quite high. So where are all the brain damaged people?

I'm not sure if it's across the board where legalized for recreational but in Colorado underaged marijuana use instantly fell. They've taken away the forbidden fruit. Now it's what the old people do so kids don't want it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What joke were you making by repeating "I hate the fucking Bears" over and over? You do that on a Bears forum, you're gonna get disliked, idiot.

Now, back to tbe Ignore list you go... :)

Thanks!

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Stupid new generation
Nuff said
This is why its time to stop paying these young idiots
And let ex servicemen take over playing on all the teams
Make these kids get an education, and respect for this land , and the laws in it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Stupid new generation
Nuff said
This is why its time to stop paying these young idiots
And let ex servicemen take over playing on all the teams
Make these kids get an education, and respect for this land , and the laws in it.

1uf27Y7.gif

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So you are ok with your surgeon smoking a bowl before coming to work? No, you idiot I am not for any medical person being impaired in any way working with patients.

I don't think I need to respond any more to such a comment.

If you can trust your surgeon to not have a martini before your surgery why on earth would you think he would smoke a bowl before?
I would hope every surgeon has the sense to not be on anything if they're operating on someone.

If you want to generalize, my new PCP has long hair so I assume he has smoked pot at one time or another even if he doesn't presently. From what I can tell looking at his record he's a wiz kid and was made chief resident (I think of the hospital not just a ward) and I don't think they hand that to a burn out stoner.

Actually I assume just about every Dr has at least tried pot during college.

All drugs? Not sure I am on board with that. Meth is a murderous drug, I mean a life killer. And it only takes one or two hits of it to get hooked. It is scary bad and having it for sale in some store just can't be allowed.

Funny thing about meth. When I was young and it was from repurposed prescriptions it wasn't the zombie producing drug it is now. It is precisely the making it harder to get clean drugs that created the problem with meth today.
The same thing is going on now with heroin. They made prescription opiates harder to get, harder to abuse. Not only do they have more addicts going to heroin as their first street drug they're sending pain patients to the streets for it. And it's laced with street fentanyl which is so powerful it makes the "heroin" extremely easy to OD on.
The war on drugs doesn't work. At every turn it has made everything worse not better.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Don't argue with Remy, he is the forum idiot. Figures he is in favor of legalizing meth

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Because Portugal legalizing everything and focusing on treatment instead of law enforcement has been such a failure?