Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thank you for saving me the time from having to read all of that nonsense. Your first sentence was enough to realize you're delusional.

Fact is Foles isn't playing better than Trubisky. All of the numbers back that up. I even freeze framed one of the mistakes Foles made for god's sake. Foles has much more experience diagnosing defenses and making adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Its the only thing he's so far proven to have over Trubisky. Nothing else. His deep shots suck. He is completing passes for lower yardage than Trubisky. Isn't scoring any more than the offense was with Trubisky and with this offensive line he isn't athletic enough to make plays on the move like Trubisky can. Also, no defense is wasting a defender spying Nick Foles. He isn't going anywhere. Trubisky commands a spy in the middle of the field staying home.

So no. It is clearly debatable. At best.
most people think you can’t fault Nick for anything.. Nick is the better quarterback but it very debatable as to how much better he makes this offense. He should make the offense better but at this point regardless of who they played against....the offense has not gotten any better. I can’t wait to see it blossom though. We are gonna need to score more than 20 points to beat the Rams....in my opinion

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His first yr with fox shouldnt count really. He shouldnt have been forced to even start. Yr 1 with Nagy he was ok..year 2 was down year.

To me what would have been fair is you let him play out the season. If he is terrible, you cut ties. If he is vanilla, you offer one yr prove it deal. If hes lights out you extend him further.
We actually already cut ties with Mitch to an extent. He is not on the roster for next season at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We actually already cut ties with Mitch to an extent. He is not on the roster for next season at this point.

The stage is set for Mitch to be the prodigal son and get his last hurrah in the playoffs.

With this line, 10 more games is highly dangerous for Foles, and despite the coming losing streak...the finish is soft enough to contend for that 7 seed.

Foles biggest issue to finish the season might even be that he didn't show enough when he had the chance, and now faces a little gauntlet that could see the Bears at .500 and Nagy panik again.

Does he go back to Mitch? Does he wait for injury? Is Mitch learning from Foles on the bench, maybe more than he would have from games? I'd tell him to stay ready, this season is far from over.

Foles has exposed the line, and it might actually be Mitch who is better without one when winter sets and soft Soldier Field rears up.

I guess we will have healthy grass for once without concerts and the like.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
remember the deep bomb to miller trubisky misses. He gets crucified. Foles does exact same thing the next game, if not worse. Nobody criticises. Why? The truth is neither should be crusified. Its a miss, it happens. Trubisky was just micro analyzed which is not fair.

People did criticize Foles. Just not as much as 3M because we have seen 3M miss that pass consistently for years.

You are expecting us to get upset with a guy after 3.5 games when Mitch was given 3.3 years to get his shit together. Absurd expectation.

Khodai

Liked Posts:
I know man. Like I said, its fine if he prefers Foles over Trubisky. However personal opinions do not invalidate facts. I'm not even saying to change quarterbacks either. I would prefer to see what Foles is going to do in the next two or three games against lower ranked defenses.
Agreed. Dont get me wrong, hope Foles does well. Just trying to make a point that this idea that foles is light years better then trubisky is not valid. Theres a reason hes bounced around to 5 teams in 8 yrs.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The stage is set for Mitch to be the prodigal son and get his last hurrah in the playoffs.

With this line, 10 more games is highly dangerous for Foles, and despite the coming losing streak...the finish is soft enough to contend for that 7 seed.

Foles biggest issue to finish the season might even be that he didn't show enough when he had the chance, and now faces a little gauntlet that could see the Bears at .500 and Nagy panik again.

Does he go back to Mitch? Does he wait for injury? Is Mitch learning from Foles on the bench, maybe more than he would have from games? I'd tell him to stay ready, this season is far from over.

Foles has exposed the line, and it might actually be Mitch who is better without one when winter sets and soft Soldier Field rears up.

I guess we will have healthy grass for once without concerts and the like.
I agree with Foles getting hurt the way the line is playing unless they start changing protection schemes.
I just don’t see it happening.
I don’t think they will go back to Mitch unless there is an injury.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears have said publicly they are sticking with Foles.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You call that a miss? More like threw it over to the next county. That was one of the worst passes I have ever seen. Yes....even from Trubisky
He threw where he aimed it. Yes, a bad miss but his history is giving his player an opportunity on the catch when on the same page.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
most people think you can’t fault Nick for anything.. Nick is the better quarterback but it very debatable as to how much better he makes this offense. He should make the offense better but at this point regardless of who they played against....the offense has not gotten any better. I can’t wait to see it blossom though. We are gonna need to score more than 20 points to beat the Rams....in my opinion
Mitch has about a 50 passer rating in the 2 games he's played against the Rams in this O. 2 TDs and 4 INTs. They pressure and scheme well against him. I suspect that Foles is the better choice on Mon. even if Mitch were generally equal.

We beat the Rams both those games and they just lost to the 9ers while we're 5-1. They are going to be sooo ready.

Last edited:

Khodai

Liked Posts:
People did criticize Foles. Just not as much as 3M because we have seen 3M miss that pass consistently for years.

You are expecting us to get upset with a guy after 3.5 games when Mitch was given 3.3 years to get his shit together. Absurd expectation.
Foles has been in this offense his entire career. 8yrs. Dont act like he is playing his first 3 games. The whole reason for the switch was based on his supposed experience. Which thus far had shown not much, if any improvement.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Foles has been in this offense his entire career. 8yrs. Dont act like he is playing his first 3 games. The whole reason for the switch was based on his supposed experience. Which thus far had shown not much, if any improvement.

Foles has known these guys for a weeks and just stepped on the field a few weeks ago . He has shown so far that he knows this offense better than Mitch period to argue otherwise is simply idiotic but not only knows it knows what to do with it but there is no substitution for getting to know your teammates .

The issue is right now is learning his teammates learning him and that doesn't happen overnight or even in a couple of weeks . You have Brady after taking all the snaps for 3+ months talking about how they are still getting to know each other offensively and working on things but meanwhile here arguing that somehow Foles should have hit the ground running and took this offense to new heights after 3 1/2 games again ..... makes no damn sense

The offense has improved even if its not as much as you want it to be but the team knows

Robinson has seen a few areas of improvement in recent weeks. He believes that the offense is benefitting from the infectious intensity of quarterback Nick Foles.

"You definitely can feel it," said Robinson. "Don't get me wrong; the game wasn't perfect and didn't go exactly how we wanted from an offensive standpoint, but I did feel like in that game, we had drives where we were clicking, where we were stringing together completion after completion after completion, moving the ball down [the field] and putting together some pretty good drives. So again, for us, we gotta be more consistent with that."
Robinson said that the first things the team needed to improve on—third-down and red-zone efficiency—have started to show some positive signs.

The offense showed signs of improvement against the Panthers, scoring on three of four first-half possessions and converting a season-high 50 percent of their third-down opportunities (7 of 14). But the unit continues to struggle running the ball and producing chunk plays.

"I think we've made incremental changes and it's continued to improve a little bit every week," Foles said. "I'd like to see a bigger progression this week. But you never know. The ultimate goal in this game is to win the game. It's not to put up a thousand fantasy points and do that; it's like, whatever it takes to win a game, that's what you want to do."
Asked what aspect of the offense he'd most like to see improve beginning Monday night against the Rams, Foles said:
"Stepping in the huddle and the rhythm and the tempo and getting up to the ball and the flow of the game, I think that would be the biggest thing … to where we just feel solid, where every play we're dangerous and we're good, and we're not staying behind the chains, and we're executing and doing those little things."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am not an Eagles fan. I didnt watch Foles miss the pass 3M missed for years. In fact most of my exposure of Foles while on another team is of him outplaying the GOAT to win a SB.

Again this isnt that complicated. I have seen every single game of Trubs since college (UNC alum) and simply am tired of seeing him miss that pass.

I have probably not watched more than 10 games of Foles because I dont follow the Eagles. It is obvious why Bears fans are harsher on someome they have seen fuck up repeatedly in 3.3 years. Familiarity breeds contempt.

This would be like being shocked that a dude who dated a girl for 3.3 years where she cheated on him the whole time is more upset with her than a girl he has been on 3.5 dates and sees her on another date. There isnt the emotional baggage their dude.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch has has about a 50 passer rating in the 2 games he's played against the Rams in this O. 2 TDs and 4 INTs. They pressure and scheme well against him. I suspect that Foles is the better choice on Mon. even if Mitch were generally equal.

We beat the Rams both those games and they just lost to the 9ers while we're 5-1. They are going to be sooo ready.
Not sure who is choosing Mitch because Foles is the choice period. They don’t go back to Mitch unless he is injured. And I don’t get looking back at previous years as a measurement. These team are different from years past from personal standpoint.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Agreed. Dont get me wrong, hope Foles does well. Just trying to make a point that this idea that foles is light years better then trubisky is not valid. Theres a reason hes bounced around to 5 teams in 8 yrs.
I would hope every person who claims to be a Bears fan would want any person playing quarterback for the Bears
to do well. I pull for the team not the individual per se.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t know why we even argue facts. You are correct. Foles has been on “this” team as long as Mitch and has been the quarterback even longer now and his passing yards has gone down each game...the running game has gotten better each week though. 28, 35, 63...yippee.....that’s getting it done

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch has has about a 50 passer rating in the 2 games he's played against the Rams in this O. 2 TDs and 4 INTs. They pressure and scheme well against him. I suspect that Foles is the better choice on Mon. even if Mitch were generally equal.

We are 1-1 in Mitch’s 2 games against the Rams

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure who is choosing Mitch because Foles is the choice period. They don’t go back to Mitch unless he is injured. And I don’t get looking back at previous years as a measurement. These team are different from years past from personal standpoint.
It was relative to how he performed in other games in those years. You can stick your head in the sand if you like but he clearly had 2 stinkers against the Rams relative to any standard you'd like to use and played well below his yearly average. Fortunately Goff had a 19 rating in one and 70 in the other so he played even worse overall but better than Mitch in the 2nd one. I'm not a Mitch hater and am still open to him getting his shit together but he's been notably below his norm against the Rams. Oh and it was a proverbial choice, not a literal one.

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I don’t know why we even argue facts. You are correct. Foles has been on “this” team as long as Mitch and has been the quarterback even longer now and his passing yards has gone down each game...the running game has gotten better each week though. 28, 35, 63...yippee.....that’s getting it done

Well the fact is that we rarely beat a good team with Mitch hence why he is not the qb anymore .

Nobody said we had to have some high scoring stat padding offense to win games just a competent one which we couldnt get with Mitch .

A competent QB even with mediocre stats thats wins beats a incompetent QB with a few more passing yards everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yippee for more losses though

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well the fact is that we rarely beat a good team with Mitch hence why he is not the qb anymore .

Nobody said we had to have some high scoring stat padding offense to win games just a competent one which we couldnt get with Mitch .

A competent QB even with mediocre stats thats wins beats a incompetent QB with a few more passing yards everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yippee for more losses though
Yep, he isn’t the quarterback anymore. Foles is the quarterback. The offense isn’t getting better. The offense can get better. The offense needs to get better......Foles needs to play better.
All facts.....you can’t dispute these facts. We all are behind Nick and we all want Nick to play better because we know he is a better quarterback. We need Nick to play better than Mitch. He hasn’t yet in my opinion. In most opinions. To beat the Rams, he has to play better
and nobody is calling for a return to Mitch.

“yippee for more losses though” that makes zero sense.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He threw where he aimed it. Yes, a bad miss but his history is giving his player an opportunity on the catch when on the same page.
Dude....truthbedamned watched the first forward pass so if he is saying that I agree with him