Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
most people think you can’t fault Nick for anything.. Nick is the better quarterback but it very debatable as to how much better he makes this offense. He should make the offense better but at this point regardless of who they played against....the offense has not gotten any better. I can’t wait to see it blossom though. We are gonna need to score more than 20 points to beat the Rams....in my opinion

Exactly....I've been saying since last yr. give the D 3-4 Td's and we win. We should be able to produce a minimum 3 Tds/game

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Yep, he isn’t the quarterback anymore. Foles is the quarterback. The offense isn’t getting better. The offense can get better. The offense needs to get better......Foles needs to play better.
All facts.....you can’t dispute these facts. We all are behind Nick and we all want Nick to play better because we know he is a better quarterback. We need Nick to play better than Mitch. He hasn’t yet in my opinion. In most opinions. To beat the Rams, he has to play better
and nobody is calling for a return to Mitch.

“yippee for more losses though” that makes zero sense.

The offense has gotten better and thats a fact and thats why we are 5-1 . It might not be enough for you but thats is a fact

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It was relative to how he performed in other games in those years. You can stick your head in the sand if you like but he clearly had 2 stinkers against the Rams relative to any standard you'd like to use and played well below his yearly average. Fortunately Goff had a 19 rating in one and 70 in the other so he played even worse overall but better than Mitch in the 2nd one. I'm not a Mitch hater and am still open to him getting his shit together but he's been notably below his norm against the Rams. Oh and it was a proverbial choice, not a literal one.
I clearly don’t care about Mitch’s last 2 games against the Rams....it has absolutely nothing to do with this game on Monday night...our starting quarterback is Nick Foles. Why are we still thinking they are going back to Mitch, they aren’t unless they are forced to because of injuries.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I clearly don’t care about Mitch’s last 2 games against the Rams....it has absolutely nothing to do with this game on Monday night...our starting quarterback is Nick Foles. Why are we still thinking they are going back to Mitch, they aren’t unless they are forced to because of injuries.

because nothing has changed apparently the offense is the same and the qb play is the same so why not go back to the younger guy.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The offense has gotten better and thats a fact and thats why we are 5-1 . It might not be enough for you but thats is a fact
Hey bud, it’s your lie. I look at our offense and think it’s not better than it was at the end of the Atlanta game.
258 yards of offense and 18 points a game and 1 interception a game doesn’t make anybody scream juggernaut.
Not sure why you are even arguing

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
so now we have to have a top 15 scoring offense to win ?
Not every game but yes when you start playing better offenses you are going to need to score more points...it is pretty simple. I love our defense but they aren’t going to shut everybody down every game

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
because nothing has changed apparently the offense is the same and the qb play is the same so why not go back to the younger guy.
Well that was stupid

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@BearDen dude join the conversation. don’t just sit by and watch. You know your football. I appreciate your acumen. Even though Nick is the better of the 2 quarterbacks do you really think the offense is getting better or treading water at this point?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
and yet some keep pushing that position
Who? I haven’t read any post the say the Bears should bring back Mitch. Obviously I haven’t read every post on this message board. Overall I get a feeling that we all are riding the BDN train to wherever it takes us. Next year we are going to have a different QB at the helm......in my opinion

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Exactly....I've been saying since last yr. give the D 3-4 Td's and we win. We should be able to produce a minimum 3 Tds/game

so now we have to have a top 15 scoring offense to win ?

So currently we don't have a "top 15 scoring offense ".

If u check our scoring production history. When we give our D minimum 3 Tds, we win. That's my point.

1603417440616.png

1603417910628.png

1603417980825.png

1603418035305.png

1603418088351.png

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
@BearDen dude join the conversation. don’t just sit by and watch. You know your football. I appreciate your acumen. Even though Nick is the better of the 2 quarterbacks do you really think the offense is getting better or treading water at this point?
My thoughts are we’re stuck with what we have courtesy of several years of bad decisions by Pace. I think Foles can win if the Bears find a way to upgrade the OL even just a little. I didn’t feel like that with Mitch, not even in 2018. I’m hoping for OT and QB in rounds 1 and 2 next draft regardless of order.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My thoughts are we’re stuck with what we have courtesy of several years of bad decisions by Pace. I think Foles can win if the Bears find a way to upgrade the OL even just a little. I didn’t feel like that with Mitch, not even in 2018. I’m hoping for OT and QB in rounds 1 and 2 next draft regardless of order.
For the most part I agree. I don’t know how they are going to scout quarterbacks this college year but maybe the less they see the better they grade. God knows we haven’t drafted a great quarterback.....in ......my lifetime....and offensive line is a must.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Or the Falcons if Nagy doesn't make the switch.
the Falcons game looked hopeless but so did the Lions game....
I implore you to prove it with facts and sources ....

TYIA And have a great rest of your year!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I was looking for an upgrade at QB when Foles came in and we got that for about 2 quarters in the Atlanta game. But since then, Foles really hasn't performed better than Trubs.

Next gen stats show Foles with a slight increase in accuracy ( -.2 vs. -1 expected comp %) & (62% vs 59% actual comp %), but lower stats than Trubs in other areas (lower QBR 80.4 vs 87.4), less average completed air yards (5.3 vs 6.7), less throws to the sticks (-1 yards vs. +2 yards ), lower TD rate (3.9 vs 6.9).

Foles is completing a few more shorter throws, while Trubs was attempting and completing more mid range throws (Aggressiveness 21% vs 33%).

Stats alone are not a fair comparison. Foles has been playing more difficult defenses, has lost Cohen and an offensive lineman. I don't think this offsets the gains of Mooney's experience, Graham's comfort with the team or Kmet finally catching 2 passes last game. Foles no doubt has had it harder than Trubs did.

But a full 7 point lower QBR? Foles is the 6th worst starting QB in the league right now QBR wise.

Fuck it. The Bears are 5-1, very likely to at least catch a wild card. Defense is on fire right now. Lets just hope Nick catches lightning in a bottle and figure this QB shit out in the offseason.

Do you think Bears would be 5-1 if Mitch had started and completed all 6 games?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
For the most part I agree. I don’t know how they are going to scout quarterbacks this college year but maybe the less they see the better they grade. God knows we haven’t drafted a great quarterback.....in ......my lifetime....and offensive line is a must.
I just disagree with @Chris Sojka who would rather draft 7 OL and no QB, while defending Mitch. I lumped you in with him so sorry if I got that wrong.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I just disagree with @Chris Sojka who would rather draft 7 OL and no QB, while defending Mitch. I lumped you in with him so sorry if I got that wrong.
I would love to be able to go to bed at night knowing the Bears have a quarterback that we can rely on to make the whole offense better just by being on the field. I’ve never had that. It was fun with Kramer and our offense seemed to score points at will but we had no defense. Other than that I don’t remember a time we didn’t have questions at quarterback. I do think we can get Oline help in the FA market but that gets so expensive. Man do I wish we could get a Jim Finks to draft for us