Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I would love to be able to go to bed at night knowing the Bears have a quarterback that we can rely on to make the whole offense better just by being on the field. I’ve never had that. It was fun with Kramer and our offense seemed to score points at will but we had no defense. Other than that I don’t remember a time we didn’t have questions at quarterback. I do think we can get Oline help in the FA market but that gets so expensive. Man do I wish we could get a Jim Finks to draft for us
How dare you forget that 3 game HOF stretch with Josh McCown

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How dare you forget that 3 game HOF stretch with Josh McCown
Could you imagine if he was the quarterback for the whole season! I hate doing it but he was doing things that Jay couldn’t

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Could you imagine if he was the quarterback for the whole season! I hate doing it but he was doing things that Jay couldn’t
I mean Josh went on to be a nothing burger in every game he played after that for every team he played for but who knows, Bears FO has a problem with being loyal to starters

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I just disagree with @Chris Sojka who would rather draft 7 OL and no QB, while defending Mitch. I lumped you in with him so sorry if I got that wrong.

Mitch is the fall guy for the awfense.

it’s so bad that the o line coach theOC and the QB are now fired. However the things that are the worst on the team are the offensive play calling and the offensive line.

I get it. He’s not going to play QB in Chicago again. It’s better for both parties. We get to learn from our mistakes and he gets to learn from his. Nick Foles is the perfect guy to slum the offense into the playoffs.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Mitch is the fall guy for the awfense.

it’s so bad that the o line coach theOC and the QB are now fired. However the things that are the worst on the team are the offensive play calling and the offensive line.

I get it. He’s not going to play QB in Chicago again. It’s better for both parties. We get to learn from our mistakes and he gets to learn from his. Nick Foles is the perfect guy to slum the offense into the playoffs.
Do you ever post anything relevant or useful? You’ve been doing the same act since CBMB. Also...”awfense”.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Do you ever post anything relevant or useful? You’ve been doing the same act since CBMB. Also...”awfense”.

i bring the facts into the conversation. Ifyou didn’t disregard so many facts I wouldn’t have to bring them up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with Foles getting hurt the way the line is playing unless they start changing protection schemes.
I just don’t see it happening.
I don’t think they will go back to Mitch unless there is an injury.
Which seems like the right move. I think you try to build something around Foles. You can't build around Mitch, imo, until he can read a defense. He might even be that guy who plays for 10 years and all of a sudden emerges like Gannon. When the game clicks for him and he gets enough experience, or the right system (west coast for him), maybe Trubs re-emerges after a long back-up stint.

Makes sense given he was raw and inexperienced. We rushed him. Its the Bears, we never know what we are doing.

But Mitch is loved enough in the locker room, and by meatballs, that the Bears need to win 1 or 2 of the next 5 games, or its going to take serious strength and conviction by Nagy to stick with it.

Might depend on if Foles gets battered and shell shocked or not, and we see how that is going.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I posted the 3 and out stats. Foles is averaging more per game than Trubisky.

I guess you did not know that one QB faced the absolute worst defenses in the league (dumb Mitch) and the other faced a gauntlet of many of the top defenses in the league (Foles).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would love to be able to go to bed at night knowing the Bears have a quarterback that we can rely on to make the whole offense better just by being on the field. I’ve never had that. It was fun with Kramer and our offense seemed to score points at will but we had no defense. Other than that I don’t remember a time we didn’t have questions at quarterback. I do think we can get Oline help in the FA market but that gets so expensive. Man do I wish we could get a Jim Finks to draft for us

Jim McMahon.....I don't know if u were old enuff to see him.

I would love to be able to go to bed at night knowing the Bears have a quarterback that we can rely on to make the whole offense better just by being on the field.

ABSOLUTELY !

I remember a time when the focus was just on....... predicting whether our D would could get down to the opponents 3rd string Qb
:LOL:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jim McMahon.....I don't know if u were old enuff to see him.

ABSOLUTELY !

I remember a time when the focus was just on....... predicting whether our D would could get down to the opponents 3rd string Qb
:LOL:
I graduated high school the year the Bears won the Super Bowl.

Jim McMahon was a great football player but he wasn’t that quarterback like Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway....those types..lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I clearly don’t care about Mitch’s last 2 games against the Rams....it has absolutely nothing to do with this game on Monday night...our starting quarterback is Nick Foles. Why are we still thinking they are going back to Mitch, they aren’t unless they are forced to because of injuries.
WTF are you on about? The 1st post of yours that I quoted was comparing them even though you didn't name Mitch directly. When you say, " Nick is the better quarterback but it very debatable as to how much better he makes this offense.", the rest is understood. Your post was in response to another (xero) that did discuss Mitch by name. I was simply adding my take regarding this on a, you know, Bears message board in thread that is, you know, directly comparing them in the title.

This is not where Mitch is getting dragged just to do so. the comparison is what this thread is about. And yes, in a comparison thread, what Mitch has done the last 2 years against the team that Foles is about to face is noteworthy.

If that's not acceptable to you, maybe just move on.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean Josh went on to be a nothing burger in every game he played after that for every team he played for but who knows, Bears FO has a problem with being loyal to starters
Ya, he would have removed the shine from that awesome polish he put on a half dozen games.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

been doing the same thing? Well not much has changed nan. We get a good QB then talk shit after we surround him with Leno and Webb and guys that don’t fit the system.

I can’t change because the arguments is still the same.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's funny, some of the same people that say QBs like Mitch can't improve beyond where he is now are also some that loved Josh. Check his career stats. Didn't put up a 75 rating in any year of his 1st decade.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
WTF are you on about? The 1st post of yours that I quoted was comparing them even though you didn't name Mitch directly. When you say, " Nick is the better quarterback but it very debatable as to how much better he makes this offense.", the rest is understood. Your post was in response to another (xero) that did discuss Mitch by name. I was simply adding my take regarding this on a, you know, Bears message board in thread that is, you know, directly comparing them in the title.

This is not where Mitch is getting dragged just to do so. the comparison is what this thread is about. And yes, in a comparison thread, what Mitch has done the last 2 years against the team that Foles is about to face is noteworthy.

If that's not acceptable to you, maybe just move on.
Dude, you must have missed a couple rounds or something. Actually what Mitch did the last 2 games is irrelevant. He isn’t playing. It’s Nicks team. Period. All we can go on, all I will be going on is this season.....for obvious reasons. The fact is the offense isn’t better yet. That is painfully obvious to see. It should get better because the quarterback is better. I’m not sure what you are even arguing about. You probably jumped into a conversation that you missed a couple posts with. If you want to make a thread about past games vs future opponents then be my guests. I’m sure it will be riveting. Tip one back for me or toke one up for me. I’m actually on your side.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look dickhead, you objected to my post that was on topic and added fuck all to it, so piss off. I don't have a side here. Just discussing the QBs in similar situations in a QB comparison thread. And the O is better than last year or early this year even if the QB stats are not.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
been doing the same thing? Well not much has changed nan. We get a good QB then talk shit after we surround him with Leno and Webb and guys that don’t fit the system.

I can’t change because the arguments is still the same.

What makes you think he is good then? How can you tell if he hasnt been surrounded with the talent necessary for him to prove it?