Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Newsflash...you could put the child of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the field and they would still play like shit behind this offensive line. For fucks sake. When will people realize its been the line the entire god damned time? Cutler, Trubisky and Foles isn't enough to prove a point yet?
It's not just the fucking line, dude. Nice try.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not just the fucking line, dude. Nice try.

Oh really? You haven't watched all three of those quarterbacks throw Special person interceptions in the face of pressure? What exactly do you think happened last evening when Nick threw an INT? His entire offensive line was a turnstile and all 4 men were on Nick's ass in seconds.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
fact is fellas we likely could have the exact same record if mitch played or maybe 1 game worse or 1 game better the glaring issue is this

The problem wasnt the QB the system and talent around it is the issue not the guy behind center

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In my alternate reality HBK never poured diesel on his dick

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Although he has had years where he has put up good numbers, to me, Foles has really never been a numbers guy. He just wins. He finds ways to win.

Remember back when he beat us during the playoffs when he was with the Eagles?? He hung in there, hung in there, did not play particularly well and then boom - when it counted - victory.

The coaches trust his mind more than they do Trubisky’s. They also trust that he will find more ways to win than Trubisky will.

Last point:

Foles has faced the cream of the crop defenses in the NFL this year.

Trubs has faced the Little Sisters of the Poor of defenses - among worst in the league.

Last edited:

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
This is all true, however, Foles still has an advantage when it comes to recognizing defensive coverages and putting the offense in better position to execute plays. That's why he's out there, although, you would have hoped it'd come with better results, in terms of stats, than it has, so far.

The Bears problem right now, I think, has more to do with their inability to run the ball effectively than it does with their quarterback. We are going on 3 years now with this offense where we have a joke of a running attack. That is unacceptable. No quarterback is going to be effective in an offense THAT one dimensional. Until they get that figured out, it doesn't really matter who their quarterback is. I still lean towards Foles, because of his intelligence, but if that's the case, then he's going to have to stop turning the damn football over every game and start putting the ball in the endzone more.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh really? You haven't watched all three of those quarterbacks throw Special person interceptions in the face of pressure? What exactly do you think happened last evening when Nick threw an INT? His entire offensive line was a turnstile and all 4 men were on Nick's ass in seconds.
One play.... He gets good protection and he still will throw lame ass throws. Remember the playoff game? If Eddie Jackson plays he gets 2 picks on those lame duck throws. Wait until December. His throws look like 43 year old Peyton Manning.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One play? What are you watching?

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One play? What are you watching?
The play with the pick, I was talking about. I dont disagree about horrific Oline play. But, there is a reason he got benched for Minshew. He is not a great QB. Lucky SB win and MVP be damned

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I was looking for an upgrade at QB when Foles came in and we got that for about 2 quarters in the Atlanta game. But since then, Foles really hasn't performed better than Trubs.

Next gen stats show Foles with a slight increase in accuracy ( -.2 vs. -1 expected comp %) & (62% vs 59% actual comp %), but lower stats than Trubs in other areas (lower QBR 80.4 vs 87.4), less average completed air yards (5.3 vs 6.7), less throws to the sticks (-1 yards vs. +2 yards ), lower TD rate (3.9 vs 6.9).

Foles is completing a few more shorter throws, while Trubs was attempting and completing more mid range throws (Aggressiveness 21% vs 33%).

Stats alone are not a fair comparison. Foles has been playing more difficult defenses, has lost Cohen and an offensive lineman. I don't think this offsets the gains of Mooney's experience, Graham's comfort with the team or Kmet finally catching 2 passes last game. Foles no doubt has had it harder than Trubs did.

But a full 7 point lower QBR? Foles is the 6th worst starting QB in the league right now QBR wise.

Fuck it. The Bears are 5-1, very likely to at least catch a wild card. Defense is on fire right now. Lets just hope Nick catches lightning in a bottle and figure this QB shit out in the offseason.

Yeah the problem with this nonsense is that is that Foles can throw for under 200 yards and still help the offense score 23 points

With Mitch his 188 yards gets us one score maybe two and we lose both the Bucs and the Panthers game .

Foles leadership, toughness, and football IQ are still good enough to help his team to points even when he is not that sharp .Mitch's sloppiness in addition to the lack of these skills all but crippled this team offensively on more than one occasion.

Foles so far seems to be giving this team an opportunity to consistently score more points now that doesnt mean we do but we are certainly getting more chances which is a good first step . Now going forward we need to start keep the pressure on more and creating more splash plays although the last 3 defensive opponents have a lot to say about that .

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The running game for some strange reason looked better while Mitch was under center and the pass blocking but I also recognize it was the Lions, Giants, and Falcons also.

Not really strange. A mobile QB will always make the run game stronger, because teams have to account for the QB in the run game. See Buffalo and Baltimore for example. Same is true for the pass blocking, because Foles is a statue and Mitch would escape some of the pressure that Foles can't.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The lack of over the top has been the most disappointing aspect of the change. Of course time to throw and having some some 2nd and shorts is an aspect of opportunity but we should still be taking more shots. Running game is the most disappointing aspect of the O but it's effectiveness is the same shittiness as before.

To be fair, Carolina is the hardest team to throw deep against in the league. They play zone almost exclusively and don't let the ball behind them. The Bears didn't even attempt to throw deep yesterday for that reason. They'll take shots against the Rams.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The play with the pick, I was talking about. I dont disagree about horrific Oline play. But, there is a reason he got benched for Minshew. He is not a great QB. Lucky SB win and MVP be damned
One play.... He gets good protection and he still will throw lame ass throws. Remember the playoff game? If Eddie Jackson plays he gets 2 picks on those lame duck throws. Wait until December. His throws look like 43 year old Peyton Manning.

and when this BS you seem to be hoping for doesnt happen what then ? When you refuse to even accept the facts wtf good are your proclamations of wait and see ?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ok since we are playing pretend i counter they dont lose the indy game with mitch
True....best you could say is 50/50. You will never know if Mitch would have lost or beat Indy in that game.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He could have easily thrown that ball out of bounds.....that int was on him

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Not really strange. A mobile QB will always make the run game stronger, because teams have to account for the QB in the run game. See Buffalo and Baltimore for example. Same is true for the pass blocking, because Foles is a statue and Mitch would escape some of the pressure that Foles can't.

Both of those teams can throw it and that opens up everything and they are actually run first teams going all the way back to Lesean Mccoy and Ray Rice the difference is that they now have much better playmaking passers at the qb position then they had in the past