Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I hope he plays well because I’m a Bears fan more than anything. Lol at peolle being like “he wins games” though. Maybe it’s his unrelenting love for Jesus guys. It‘s the defense. He’s been extremely pedestrian. And pedestrian might be a nice word. People just can’t admit he isn’t this savior they thought he’d be so they’re like “I dont know what it is. He just wins games.” Lol okay. We’ll see how far that gets this team. Did Trubisky “just win games.” I’d bet he has a better career record than Foles.

Who here said Foles was savior ?

Most people felt that if the bears got average qb play that we would win a lot f games and surely make the playoffs what part of that means that someone is viewed a savior ?

The bears didnt need saving the Trubisky lovers are always coming with some ridiculous hyperbole because they see that Foles didn't even have to work hard surpass the low bar Mitch has set

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Seriously, is anyone going to say they'd rather switch back to Mitch at this point?

No. And I am the OP. Foles deserves his shot and its more than just a handful of games against tougher defenses. I honestly think Foles will improve.

But a few games in, I think its worth a discussion. Foles hasn't been an upgrade. Nagy's offense is anything but vindicated.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
This is all true, however, Foles still has an advantage when it comes to recognizing defensive coverages and putting the offense in better position to execute plays. That's why he's out there, although, you would have hoped it'd come with better results, in terms of stats, than it has, so far.

The Bears problem right now, I think, has more to do with their inability to run the ball effectively than it does with their quarterback. We are going on 3 years now with this offense where we have a joke of a running attack. That is unacceptable. No quarterback is going to be effective in an offense THAT one dimensional. Until they get that figured out, it doesn't really matter who their quarterback is. I still lean towards Foles, because of his intelligence, but if that's the case, then he's going to have to stop turning the damn football over every game and start putting the ball in the endzone more.

many rookie QBs if no t all of them would fail here.

Nagy Foles and Mitch were given lemons and asked to make lemonade. They haven’t. The lemons aren’t even actually lemons. They are plastic made to look like lemons.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
and then gets benched the next game and you are not gonna mention the Browns top rushing attack at the time ?
He will be the starting Quarterback for that team going forward so his benching was for his own safety according to his head coach. We don’t run the ball so not sure if you can use that. The browns defense is 2nd to last in scoring.
Our offense sucks with either quarterback......our defense is playing great

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Who here said Foles was savior ?

Most people felt that if the bears got average qb play that we would win a lot f games and surely make the playoffs what part of that means that someone is viewed a savior ?

The bears didnt need saving the Trubisky lovers are always coming with some ridiculous hyperbole because they see that Foles didn't even have to work hard surpass the low bar Mitch has set

Are you attempting to play pathetic semantics games? There are tons of people who thought Foles was the answer. SUPER BOWL MVP!!!! He has been no better then Trubisky was. The defense is winning the games. If Mitch had been losing you could at least say Foles wins games. He pulls it out. The problem is Trubisky was also winning games. So nothing really changed. The offense is different now because Foles gets rid of the ball quicker and just appears to have a better understanding of the offense. While Trubisky could run the ball and open the defense up a little. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. In the end though the results were similar. The defense carried the team and the offense just needs to not screw it up and occasionally make a play.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Seriously, is anyone going to say they'd rather switch back to Mitch at this point?
And we aren’t going back unless maybe an injury occurs. But the way Nick is playing doesn’t remind you of the super bowl MVP but more closer to the guy who lost his job to a gardener.....he needs to play better because he is better.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
he may show up every once in a while but mostly what you see is what you get.
It’s sad because he is better than he is playing...much better. The problem is our defense might get a bit tired having to play lights out like this every game. We will not win a shoot out game and we seems to not be able to,run out the clock properly

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
It's not just the fucking line, dude. Nice try.
Of course it's not just the line but name a top 10 or even too 15 QB in the league right now with a worse o line play caller and running game. You 100% can't.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No. And I am the OP. Foles deserves his shot and its more than just a handful of games against tougher defenses. I honestly think Foles will improve.

But a few games in, I think its worth a discussion. Foles hasn't been an upgrade. Nagy's offense is anything but vindicated.
And he needs to play better against the better defenses. That’s why he is here. This team should beat the worse teams....it’s the better teams we need better play from our offense.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Of course it's not just the line but name a top 10 or even too 15 QB in the league right now with a worse o line play caller and running game. You 100% can't.
Everyone says the Texans line is crap... the Bucs and Carolina has a worst run blocking line than our according to football outsiders.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Eye test says Foles is 100x better. Stats don’t tell the full story. Too many 3 and outs with Mitch. Offense might not be that much better with Foles but they do move the ball better and more consistently.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s sad because he is better than he is playing...much better. The problem is our defense might get a bit tired having to play lights out like this every game. We will not win a shoot out game and we seems to not be able to,run out the clock properly

Foles is having trouble pushing the ball down the field. He is almost dead last in average yards per attempt. And is dead last in yards per completion....

He was beyond pitiful throwing deep against the Panthers.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Everyone says the Texans line is crap... the Bucs and Carolina has a worst run blocking line than our according to football outsiders.
Okay but be honest would you take the bears o line over the Texans o line?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles is having trouble pushing the ball down the field. He is almost dead last in average yards per attempt. And is dead last in yards per completion....

He was beyond pitiful throwing deep against the Panthers.

That has alot to do with how defenses are playing. They took away the deep ball. Same as the Bucs and Colts

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Eye test says Foles is 100x better. Stats don’t tell the full story. Too many 3 and outs with Mitch. Offense might not be that much better with Foles but they do move the ball better and more consistently.
they both average 2 a game. Next. Mitch had 3 vs the Falcons and Nick had 3 against the Colts

Next

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Okay but be honest would you take the bears o line over the Texans o line?
Right now I’m not sure seriously......they have won only 1 game with a great Qb....I haven’t watched them play but somethings wrong there

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trubisky had 5, 3 and outs in 2 and a half games....or 2.5 a game

Foles had 10 in 3 and a half games.....or 2.9 a game

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Did the offense score more than the opposing teams ? We scored 23 points against the panthers ?

How many does the offense have to score with Foles in order for it to be the offense won the game all by itself ?

3 games thats half the game played but we are 5-1 . You are really searching hard when you try and twist the facts

Last year we dont win any of these games but 21 points is a am improvement over last year and its only 6 games in so eventually its gonna even itself out

I mean we’re those scores not totally defensive scores? To me it looked like a lot of points Could be credited from defense.

the Bears offense was cringeworthy. The line is really just hard to work with.