Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Foles is having trouble pushing the ball down the field. He is almost dead last in average yards per attempt. And is dead last in yards per completion....

He was beyond pitiful throwing deep against the Panthers.
I know and he needs to get that going if this offense is going to be just good or game changing. Winning cures all though and when the defense has its bad game is this offense going to be able pick up the slack?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Who here said Foles was savior ?

Most people felt that if the bears got average qb play that we would win a lot f games and surely make the playoffs what part of that means that someone is viewed a savior ?

The bears didnt need saving the Trubisky lovers are always coming with some ridiculous hyperbole because they see that Foles didn't even have to work hard surpass the low bar Mitch has set

go back 3 weeks, tons of people told us to get ready for what a real offense can look like with a real QB. It looks rather shitty and the defense is coming on strong. Nick Foles makes 10x worse throws than I was told he would make. Literally he went from “a deep ball accurate guy” to a “50/50 jump ball” throw it up and pray your teammate comes down with it guy. His ability to adjust presnap is his best asset. Outside of that it’s literally apples to apples.

the o line sucks. Any QB would suck with Leno there. He inspires no confidence in any QB.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fair question. I think if you were asking Nagy, he would say that he had to adjust an entire game plan just to get Trubisky those stats. Whereas with Foles, he can execute his game plan to arrive at those stats. Look at Rodgers stats vs Tampa Bay's defense and compare Foles' stats.
I believe the game plan changes almost quarterly...... I know the game against Indy, Nagy did his best to get Foles those stats if you are gonna be honest and the panther game? His 84 yards passing in the 2nd half was bad. Rodgers had a bad game and will be Rodgers next week....Foles will be Foles next week.......I’d rather have Rodgers

bareness

Liked Posts:
Not really strange. A mobile QB will always make the run game stronger, because teams have to account for the QB in the run game. See Buffalo and Baltimore for example. Same is true for the pass blocking, because Foles is a statue and Mitch would escape some of the pressure that Foles can't.
Based I can only remember the long run at Atlanta for 45 yards but he
Assignments change a bit when your QB is mobile but he also had Cohen to help spread things out. I highly doubt that Mitch would have won all these games or made the comeback Foles did when he took the reigns. Foles tends to get results beyond his stats.
I definitely agree with your assessment but maybe I didn't see many plays made by Mitch with his legs except for the Montgomery catching TD and the 45 yard run.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean we’re those scores not totally defensive scores? To me it looked like a lot of points Could be credited from defense.

the Bears offense was cringeworthy. The line is really just hard to work with.

I think the two turnovers deep wound up as the only Bears TDs......other than that the offense scored 9 points on their own. Still the offense did convert and that is important.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Look at that beautiful 57.1% completion percentage allowed by the beloved :love::love::love:
And Nick got a poultry 58.7 against Carolina......

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I definitely agree with your assessment but maybe I didn't see many plays made by Mitch with his legs except for the Montgomery catching TD and the 45 yard run.
He had 8 rushes for 87 yards. He averaged 10 yards a rush 29 yards a game.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The thing with Foles is that he looks the part. He could adjust pre-snap, and he doesn't look or sound like a clueless nerd like Tribusky. He has the hardware and a superbowl MVP under his belt. All that is going to inspire more confidence in his teammates. He's got the fire and the passion and in a violent and passionate game, that's important.

He's also faced extremely tough defenses whereas Mitch went up against some of the worst defenses. I expect Foles' numbers to start looking better over the next 3-4 games.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defenses that the Bears face next are not great against the pass. I expect Foles to show out vs the Rams and Saints

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defenses that the Bears face next are not great against the pass. I expect Foles to show out vs the Rams and Saints

Ramsey does seem to lock down or get into ARob's head from my recollection. I wouldn't count on much from him, sadly.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seemed he was so determined to stay in the O that he forgot how to scramble. In 2018 he was a fricking escape artist and poof.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Prove it! I don’t get why people say this without a caveat. Honestly it’s 50/50 he may have won he may not have. The defense is still the defense. Foles is more experienced yes, but he still makes the boneheaded plays that Mitch has made. The defense they played yesterday was putrid and he should have had a much better game......There is no going back now.
The panthers had the #5 ranked pass defense going into yesterday’s game. Not “putrid“ at all. The falcons on the other hand were the worst defense the bears have played and how did Mitch look against them? I don’t think this offense scores a TD against the Bucs with Mitch starting let alone overcome a two score deficit to win.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The panthers had the #5 ranked pass defense going into yesterday’s game. Not “putrid“ at all. The falcons on the other hand were the worst defense the bears have played and how did Mitch look against them? I don’t think this offense scores a TD against the Bucs with Mitch starting let alone overcome a two score deficit to win.
panthers defense is 17th in scoring, passing yards 15th, 22nd in rushing yards per PFR....we didn’t play a 5th ranked defense yesterday.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I'm not talking about Mitch's legs running, I'm talking about the defense having to account for his legs making the job for the RB easier. The Bears ran better the 2 1/2 games Mitch played. The RBs were more productive when Mitch was a run threat in 2018 rather than a guy that refused to run in 2019.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
go back 3 weeks, tons of people told us to get ready for what a real offense can look like with a real QB. It looks rather shitty and the defense is coming on strong. Nick Foles makes 10x worse throws than I was told he would make. Literally he went from “a deep ball accurate guy” to a “50/50 jump ball” throw it up and pray your teammate comes down with it guy. His ability to adjust presnap is his best asset. Outside of that it’s literally apples to apples.

the o line sucks. Any QB would suck with Leno there. He inspires no confidence in any QB.

Its not apples to apples this is from the Bears website . Some of you have convinced yourselves that the only improvement that could occur is somehow Foles playing at some superstar level and transforming the offense into the Chiefs .

The offense does look more of what a real offense looks like but its only at the beginning stages of it lets see where we are at by the bye and Ive already said we are gonna finish top 20 in most of the offensive categories as Foles get to know his teammates and the fast start by offenses even out .

The Bears again struggled to establish the run and committed a costly turnover one play after the defense had generated a takeaway. But the offense also converted 7-of-14 third-down opportunities, scored on three of four first-half possessions and didn't allow a sack. In addition, the unit picked up first downs on eight of 10 drives, not counting the victory formation to close the game.

I doubt anyone on that offense or in that building believes Foles and Mitch are doing the same things

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Its not apples to apples this is from the Bears website . Some of you have convinced yourselves that the only improvement that could occur is somehow Foles playing at some superstar level and transforming the offense into the Chiefs .

The offense does look more of what a real offense looks like but its only at the beginning stages of it lets see where we are at by the bye and Ive already said we are gonna finish top 20 in most of the offensive categories as Foles get to know his teammates and the fast start by offenses even out .

I doubt anyone on that offense or in that building believes Foles and Mitch are doing the same things
Because they aren’t. And they are 2 different quarterbacks. I bet they don’t care as long as they are winning.