Right now, Foles isn't producing any better (an arguably worse) than Trubs..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes, I too find being confidently wrong hilarious. Over the last month the panthers have been the 2nd ranked pass defense. Like I said, far from a putrid defense.

LMFAO......OK
the only problem is I am talking about their whole defense because you don’t just play against the pass, well maybe Carolina has. . You can claim all you want about just the passing side and more power to you. Using your logic they are a putrid run stopping defense ranked 25th before the Bears came to town......now they are 18th after stopping the Bears.....

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team was almost dead last in 3rd down conversion with ole Mitch under center. I can’t find a stat for 3 and outs, those have gone down significantly (seems to have) since the change.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMFAO......OK
the only problem is I am talking about their whole defense because you don’t just play against the pass, well maybe Carolina has. . You can claim all you want about just the passing side and more power to you. Using your logic they are a putrid run stopping defense ranked 25th before the Bears came to town......now they are 18th after stopping the Bears.....

they’re not putrid by any stretch
36BE9B4C-033A-4572-88C3-6B913B9960F4.jpeg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is pretty obvious Foles understands the offenses and opposing defenses. His fuck ups are generally due to inaccuracy or just chucking it up there to his WR.

By contrast, 3M was Gomer Pyle out there. He just couldnt read what was going on fast enough.

Not to mention it was a Fischer Price "My First Offense" type scheme with Trubs in the game.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If Foles can't increase his production, no reason we shouldn't see Mitch and Patterson in a pistol formation for some trickery a few times a game. Give him a few run options and maybe a tricky play action.

Bottom line you can't continue to trot out a QB producing an 80QBR. If things don't improve, Nagy should go to the well.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Foles can't increase his production, no reason we shouldn't see Mitch and Patterson in a pistol formation for some trickery a few times a game. Give him a few run options and maybe a tricky play action.

Bottom line you can't continue to trot out a QB producing an 80QBR. If things don't improve, Nagy should go to the well.

Yall really don't just leave the shit alone. Mitch is done here. Hes gone and you will never see him aside for an injury

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The team was almost dead last in 3rd down conversion with ole Mitch under center. I can’t find a stat for 3 and outs, those have gone down significantly (seems to have) since the change.
Actually they haven’t.....Mitch had only 5... 3 and outs

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Okay and how good is their pass defense?
They were giving up on average 223 yards a game.....we managed 198......84 of those came in the 2nd half
They had their best day defensively against us yardage wise

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yall really don't just leave the shit alone. Mitch is done here. Hes gone and you will never see him aside for an injury
True even if Foles goes 0-3 the next 3 games there is no reason to go back to Mitch. Even with injuries you might want to look at Bray.

Last edited:

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Are some of actually only purely just bringing up stats and not taking account into level of competition. Foles scored 20 on the bucs and Rodgers scored 10. Mitch played the Lions giants and didn't even look that good against the statistically worst D in the league the Falcons.

Tampas D just annihilated Aaron Rodgers.
Colts D are number 1 in quarter back rating allowed and panthers are number 6.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Are some of actually only purely just bringing up stats and not taking account into level of competition. Foles scored 20 on the bucs and Rodgers scored 10. Mitch played the Lions giants and didn't even look that good against the statistically worst D in the league the Falcons.

Tampas D just annihilated Aaron Rodgers.
Colts D are number 1 in quarter back rating allowed and panthers are number 6.
so you are using stats to complain about people using stats? What in the actual fuck?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And then? Run blocking is trash
Most teams find a cure against team that are bad against the run.... but yes our blocking is trash....has been all season

mbison

Liked Posts:
I was looking for an upgrade at QB when Foles came in and we got that for about 2 quarters in the Atlanta game. But since then, Foles really hasn't performed better than Trubs.

Next gen stats show Foles with a slight increase in accuracy ( -.2 vs. -1 expected comp %) & (62% vs 59% actual comp %), but lower stats than Trubs in other areas (lower QBR 80.4 vs 87.4), less average completed air yards (5.3 vs 6.7), less throws to the sticks (-1 yards vs. +2 yards ), lower TD rate (3.9 vs 6.9).

Foles is completing a few more shorter throws, while Trubs was attempting and completing more mid range throws (Aggressiveness 21% vs 33%).

Stats alone are not a fair comparison. Foles has been playing more difficult defenses, has lost Cohen and an offensive lineman. I don't think this offsets the gains of Mooney's experience, Graham's comfort with the team or Kmet finally catching 2 passes last game. Foles no doubt has had it harder than Trubs did.

But a full 7 point lower QBR? Foles is the 6th worst starting QB in the league right now QBR wise.

Fuck it. The Bears are 5-1, very likely to at least catch a wild card. Defense is on fire right now. Lets just hope Nick catches lightning in a bottle and figure this QB shit out in the offseason.

But the offense is scoring more points under Foles.