Robinson unlikely to be extended before deadline

napo55

Liked Posts:
Too bad about the 30 million dollars spent for Robert Quinn and the 18 million wasted on Glennon. Maybe some of that cash could have been used to sign the best offensive player on one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Too bad about the 30 million dollars spent for Robert Quinn and the 18 million wasted on Glennon. Maybe some of that cash could have been used to sign the best offensive player on one of the worst offenses in the NFL.
People complain about Nagy saying the same things over and over. He must learn from posters on ccs….

napo55

Liked Posts:
People complain about Nagy saying the same things over and over. He must learn from posters on ccs….
Hopefully repetition will help those who have difficulty comprehending.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy that is 98th in catch %, 59th in Y/R and 29th in TD's in a career year is not a top 5 WR. I like A Rob, but just being real he is a closer to 15ish than he is to top 5.

You make a good point...in proving just how bad the QB play has been. He also lead in contested catches by a good margin. He was rarely hit in stride if ever. These # can only go up (even with Dalton); Fields for damn sure eventually.

ARob got 1250 yards DESPITE these stats and shit QB play.

Don't get me wrong - I don't see him as top 5 either, nor worth top 5 contract $$$ that he's likely trying to get. Good for Pace for sticking it out and not overpaying. Bad on ARob & his greedy agent for not allowing a fair market deal to have been completed already.

Regardless, we should all hope ARob balls out big time, and shouldn't be surprised that he does - even with Dalton.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Has it been reported exactly how far off they are? Concrete numbers not rumors.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Everything is technically going to be a rumor when it comes to contract negotiations. Nobody's going to come out with a press release with the numbers, and they're not public record.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Those plays were atrocious and I bet are affecting things right now. How many times did that happen, three? Lol
It definitely happened against the Giants and Falcons. I’m pretty sure you’re right on there being a third one too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol the article is so dumb. His reasoning why he can replace Robinson is because since 2015 he found Meredith, Mooney and signed Robinson. Let's not forget he got Montgomery without a 1st round pick.

Lol what a beautifully thought out piece of literature
Yet you saw who wrote the article and still read the whole thing, as usual...Hmmmmm. Lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Julio Jones is past his prime, he's going to be over the hill very soon. Diggs is good but only put up monster numbers last season, so who knows if that was a one time flash. I'd say Diggs is about as good as Robinson but meh.
I'm a big ARob fan but Diggs is definitely the better WR IMO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
CCS never has facts, they just go with what they want to be the truth and do their best to make it the truth. I think the best rumor that's most believable was when they were saying ARob wants $20+ and the Bears are at $18 but who knows.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Robinson is an excellent player and a real pro. However, would you take him over any of these guys:

Hopkins
Hill
Jefferson
Brown
Evans
Metcalf
Adams
C. Ridley
Godwin
Diggs
Cooper
Moore

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Robinson is an excellent player and a real pro. However, would you take him over any of these guys:

Hopkins
Hill
Jefferson
Brown
Evans
Metcalf
Adams
C. Ridley
Godwin
Diggs
Cooper
Moore
For sure over Ridley. Yes over moore and Cooper. Godwin is a maybe. I prefer Robinson to Evans. Two guys who I think will surpass him possibly this year are Lamb and Chase

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
For sure over Ridley. Yes over moore and Cooper. Godwin is a maybe. I prefer Robinson to Evans. Two guys who I think will surpass him possibly this year are Lamb and Chase
I thought about including Lamb and even Higgins. I think Chase will be excellent but he has not played a down in the NFL.

I would take Ridley over Robinson every day of the week. Cooper and Moore are coin flips.

It’s interesting to see how other posters view this list and where AR fits.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Hopkins
Hill
Jefferson
Brown
Evans
Metcalf
Adams
C. Ridley
Godwin
Diggs
Cooper
Moore
1. Why does it matter who you would take over Robinson? None of those guys are available.
2. There are various reasons to take a guy over Robinson. Hopkins, Hill and Adams are the only ones more consistently proven productive. A few of the guys you'd obviously take over Robinson because they are younger and cheaper (Jefferson, Brown, DK, Ridley).
3. Godwin, Cooper, Evans, and Moore are not better.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1. Why does it matter who you would take over Robinson? None of those guys are available.
2. There are various reasons to take a guy over Robinson. Hopkins, Hill and Adams are the only ones more consistently proven productive. A few of the guys you'd obviously take over Robinson because they are younger and cheaper (Jefferson, Brown, DK, Ridley).
3. Godwin, Cooper, Evans, and Moore are not better.
It matters because it provides context when determining how he fits in the NFL receiver pecking order and how that equates to contract value.

Age, health and a projection of future production are the other factors to consider.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It matters because it provides context when determining how he fits in the NFL receiver pecking order and how that equates to contract value.

Age, health and a projection of future production are the other factors to consider.
Unfortunately I think contract and rank at your position don't go hand in hand. Lamar Jackson is going to get probably a top 3 contract and he's somewhere top 10-15 as an actual qb. Also Josh Allen will either be #1 or 2 in annual contract value and I'd say he's more 4-5 in qb rankings right now

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

It doesn't matter though, because as I said....those guys aren't available. You can't say, "Well Allen, Tyreke Hill only makes 17Mil and he's better than you, so we won't pay you more than 17Mil." Hell, you think Jefferson is better. You gonna try to pay Robinson less than a rookie contract?

Age, health, and projection are real factors.....which is where your list of who's better is flawed. You included guys who haven't been healthy, guys who only have 1 year of production up to Robinson's standard that he has shown pre and post a torn ACL and with various levels of terrible QB play.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Unfortunately I think contract and rank at your position don't go hand in hand. Lamar Jackson is going to get probably a top 3 contract and he's somewhere top 10-15 as an actual qb. Also Josh Allen will either be #1 or 2 in annual contract value and I'd say he's more 4-5 in qb rankings right now
I said it in another thread, if he stays healthy this year and is productive, I would tag him again. You then can let someone else commit to him when he’s 30 years old. Whether he likes it or not, he’ll make a pile of money too.