Robinson unlikely to be extended before deadline

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Citing Erik Lambert seems about your speed. Both of you show up to a mental gun fight with a rubber band shooter.
Lol the article is so dumb. His reasoning why he can replace Robinson is because since 2015 he found Meredith, Mooney and signed Robinson. Let's not forget he got Montgomery without a 1st round pick.

Lol what a beautifully thought out piece of literature

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
2018 was he was coming back from that injury. He is a top 5 receiver. How you guys do not see this baffles me.View attachment 12554
View attachment 12553
I would agree with that stat that is highlighted that he was a top 5 Wr those two years. But there are more stats to factor into calling him a top 5 Wr.

Yards- He averaged 11th best between the two seasons.
TDs-He averaged 18th best between the two seasons.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lol the article is so dumb. His reasoning why he can replace Robinson is because since 2015 he found Meredith, Mooney and signed Robinson. Let's not forget he got Montgomery without a 1st round pick.

Lol what a beautifully thought out piece of literature
He really has missed his calling. He could successfully write for the Onion just by writing his serious thoughts on a subject.

Mentioning finding Mooney and Meredith without mentioning the colossal misses of White and Miller. Commending Pace for his drafts without 1st Rnd picks, because of Pace giving away 1st round picks. It's ironic gold, he just has no clue.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He's more of a deep threat than you give him credit for. He's not going to burn by people but his ability to position his body and make contested catches makes him a great downfield threat. Beyond that, look at a guy like Brandon Marshall who was probably the best possession receiver in the league for a few years. Is that not extremely valuable?
Did you watch where he got the ball ripped out of his hands by smaller CBs on those jump balls last year?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2018 was he was coming back from that injury. He is a top 5 receiver. How you guys do not see this baffles me.View attachment 12554
View attachment 12553
Robinson's numbers are more a product of targets vs elite skills.

He was the 2nd most targeted WR the last 2 seasons. Hopkins with 5 more targets is the only player with more and he outperformed AR in every category.

Top 10-20 WR yes. Top5 ...naaaah.

______________________RANKINGS_________________
Yr-----Rec------Yards-----Catch%------Y/R----Y/Tgt

2019 --7----------14--------- 125--------69------83

2020--6-----------9------------98---------59-----55

By your logic of basing value merely by volume Ryan, Rivers, and Stafford would be top 5 QB's of the last decade with Andy Dalton just behind Aaron Rodgers at 8th but ahead of Russell Wilson and Eli Manning.

Last edited:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you watch where he got the ball ripped out of his hands by smaller CBs on those jump balls last year?
Those plays were atrocious and I bet are affecting things right now. How many times did that happen, three? Lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robinson's numbers are more a product of targets vs elite skills.

He was the 2nd most targeted WR the last 2 seasons. Hopkins with 5 more targets is the only player with more and he outperformed AR in every category.

Top 10-20 WR yes. Top5 ...naaaah.

Yr-----Rec ------Yards-----Catch%----Y/R----Y/Tgt

2019 --7----------14--------- 125--------69----83

2020--6-----------9------------98---------59---55

By your logic of basing value merely by volume Ryan, Rivers, and Stafford would be top 5 QB's of the last decade with Andy Dalton just behind Aaron Rodgers at 8th but ahead of Russell Wilson and Eli Manning.
You can't compare Hopkins and Robinson, Hopkins is bar far the best receiver in the league. No I wasn't using volume, that's how that site sorts the columns by default. The point I was trying to make, you take out tight ends and backs, who's the constant there in that list? I mean fuck, Trubisky can't even throw a decent ball 80% of the time and as far as deep threat who on the bears can go over the top consistently in this offense lol (with the quarterbacks they've had)? He was a deep threat in JAX.

Arob's not a burner and where he struggles in YAC/TDs which (IMO) are product of the team and quarterbacks he's had to play with in Chicago. He led the league in contested catches last year, despite losing a few, leads the league in drop % DESPITE the volume you referred to. I am an admitted Arob homer, 1200 yds and 6 TDs each year is his floor, his ceiling is as good as the quarterback he is playing with.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Those plays were atrocious and I bet are affecting things right now. How many times did that happen, three? Lol
I agree bit I don’t think that’s the story/big picture with AR’s career. I think it was more of an outlier than normal. He’s been a great contested catch/jump ball WR for some time. Last year was out of the norm IMO

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Julio Jones is past his prime, he's going to be over the hill very soon. Diggs is good but only put up monster numbers last season, so who knows if that was a one time flash. I'd say Diggs is about as good as Robinson but meh.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Julio Jones is past his prime, he's going to be over the hill very soon. Diggs is good but only put up monster numbers last season, so who knows if that was a one time flash. I'd say Diggs is about as good as Robinson but meh.
I would personally take Diggs over ARob just because of his speed. But I agree, they are very similar as far as production throughout their careers. ARob really only has one season where he put up monster number as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ridley, Metcalf and Jefferson would all likely be above ARob right now. Similar production and younger. Ridley and Metcalf also offer more big play potential as well.

Finally while people have this idea that a better QB makes ARob more productive I think the reverse is true. A better QB probably targets ARob less as ARob had a ton of targets IMO because Trubs used him as a crutch. A better QB particularly one that can throw deep probably throws to Mooney more deep. So ARob's targets would drop but perhaps his YPR would go up so it likely evens out in the end.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If Jones is healthy I'm still taking him with zero hesitation over Robinson

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Regarding Jones health, beside last season and 2013 he’s played in a ton of football games. Even when he has his hamstring, ankle or whatever issues, he still produces big. I would take Jones any day over ARob. The only thing I never understood about Jones his his low TD production.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Regarding Jones health, beside last season and 2013 he’s played in a ton of football games. Even when he has his hamstring, ankle or whatever issues, he still produces big. I would take Jones any day over ARob. The only thing I never understood about Jones his his low TD production.
If Jones is healthy this year I'd think he'd get some tds. Between Jones, brown, and Henry they're a red zone nightmare

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
At 32, he's not likely to be as healthy as ARob who is 4 1/2 years younger. Talent-wise, ARob is not a top 5 WR. But when you take into account availability, overall production (not just "when healthy"), and consistency along with talent then Robinson has an argument.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm glad CCS is back to believing that Robinson is not worth the amount of money he thinks he deserves. (tying up about 4 different tangents into one easy to read point)

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If Jones is healthy this year I'd think he'd get some tds. Between Jones, brown, and Henry they're a red zone
They could be a very good offensive this year. Especially if Tannehill keeps playing the way he has been.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You can't compare Hopkins and Robinson, Hopkins is bar far the best receiver in the league. No I wasn't using volume, that's how that site sorts the columns by default. The point I was trying to make, you take out tight ends and backs, who's the constant there in that list? I mean fuck, Trubisky can't even throw a decent ball 80% of the time and as far as deep threat who on the bears can go over the top consistently in this offense lol (with the quarterbacks they've had)? He was a deep threat in JAX.

Arob's not a burner and where he struggles in YAC/TDs which (IMO) are product of the team and quarterbacks he's had to play with in Chicago. He led the league in contested catches last year, despite losing a few, leads the league in drop % DESPITE the volume you referred to. I am an admitted Arob homer, 1200 yds and 6 TDs each year is his floor, his ceiling is as good as the quarterback he is playing with.
A guy that is 98th in catch %, 59th in Y/R and 29th in TD's in a career year is not a top 5 WR. I like A Rob, but just being real he is a closer to 15ish than he is to top 5.