Rose is waking up!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
21-6-5 on 43% shooting over the past 7 games in February.

MVP season - 25-7-4 on 44% shooting.

Derrick Rose has been very much like his old self as of late. In attack mode.

OK so rose is back?

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
If Rose plays out the remaining games that would a 75 game season for him. That would be an accomplishment in it's own right

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If rose peaks in the playoffs and butler comes back and they learn to play together, I think we could beat any team other than Cleveland...in the east anyways. Defense and bench will ultimately hold us back.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
If rose peaks in the playoffs and butler comes back and they learn to play together, I think we could beat any team other than Cleveland...in the east anyways. Defense and bench will ultimately hold us back.

You sir, are a shining beacon of hope. I appreciate it in these otherwise dark days of fandom. :bullbang:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You sir, are a shining beacon of hope. I appreciate it in these otherwise dark days of fandom. :bullbang:

I mean, I could see us getting waxed in the 1st round too. It just depends of rose still has another gear to get to and if he can find some chemistry with jimmy. Like I said, our defense and bench is a huge concern but there's not many teams that scare me in the playoffs. Ideally we would avoid Atlanta and Cleveland. Both are bad matchups for us. The torontos and miamis of the world are beatable...although they'll both be tough series. Would also want to avoid Detroit as well. Another terrible matchup for us.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It is nice to see rose playing well. He has strung together a couple nice aggressive games, and makes me think that he can be a good second scorer. I feel like he is almost flying under the radar, since they are still losing games. Ultimately, I think it will come down to if he can play like this when Jimmy is on the court.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

They have lost to so many bad teams that I find that hard to believe.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
They have lost to so many bad teams that I find that hard to believe.

Well, it's definitely not a given. That's for sure. They've lost to some bad teams, yes. They've also beat some really good teams when healthy. They've been unhealthy now and are losing to both good and bad teams. However, before Jimmy went down, they were still playing like shit. It's a weird team...and ultimately teams like that just don't flip a switch and beast in the playoffs.

Teams that I like our chances against (currently in the playoffs): Toronto, Miami, and Indiana.

Teams I don't like our chances against: Cleveland, Atlanta, Charlotte. Detroit's currently not in the playoffs but that's a bad matchup for us if they get in. And if we do for that matter...

Boston is a team that while I don't necessarily like our chances, I think we have a pretty good shot.

So really, it's all going to come down to seeding and matchups. Reading back my original post about beating any team other than Cleveland was a bad way phrasing my thought process. Our bench is garbage and our defense is embarrassing most of the time. But if Rose, and I realize this is a huge if, is able to take it up another gear, and he's able to click with Jimmy, and if our defense could finally resemble decent...I think potentially we could beat anyone but Cleveland in the East. Overall, I expect us to squeek into the playoffs. If we can face Miami, Toronto, or Indiana, I think we have a pretty good shot to advance to the 2nd round. Then in the 2nd round hopefully we could face Boston. That's really our best chance to advance to the ECF and face Cleveland. Need to avoid the 8th seed though. If we end up as the 7th and Toronto stays in 2nd, that's a good start.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If Rose plays out the remaining games that would a 75 game season for him. That would be an accomplishment in it's own right

wont happen doe

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, I could see us getting waxed in the 1st round too. It just depends of rose still has another gear to get to and if he can find some chemistry with jimmy. Like I said, our defense and bench is a huge concern but there's not many teams that scare me in the playoffs. Ideally we would avoid Atlanta and Cleveland. Both are bad matchups for us. The torontos and miamis of the world are beatable...although they'll both be tough series. Would also want to avoid Detroit as well. Another terrible matchup for us.

That's the Enasic I know. Don't forget Boston seems too young and quick for us too and seems to be playing well over last 15-20.

The Bulls are still a massive unknown as we have not seen them whole. I think Rose looks lighter, lost some flab in arms and is quicker since early. His best this season could be in future. The rest may help Butler.

Dunleavy is going to take some time but is moving well.

The bench mob is far from settled. gasol has a playoff compete level. I'm not ruling anything out.

Cleveland doesn't fucking scare me. And as good as golden state is, they have looked troubled when either Curry or Green is out. Those guys are human and could get hurt, I'd rather have a 1% chance to win it all then really shitty team and a one percent chance to win Ben Simmons.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Developing chemistry between Rose and Jimmy won't be easy, when you have two players who like the ball in their hands, it's always tough. I mean shit, sometimes watching OKC I still get frustrated watching them run either Westbrook iso or durant iso, they still haven't completely learned to play together and they're far superior to Rose and Jimmy. With proper coaching they could be amazing but two guys who want to be #1 and have the ball in their hands just doesn't work.

The reason GS is so successful is because they don't have that clash. Thompson is a #2 guy who comes off screens, Green is the guy who the offense goes through when they double steph, but everyone knows Curry is the undisputed floor general of that team.

I want Rose and Jimmy to both be able to drop 30 together, but I just don't have the highest expectations is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:

The bolded is what I'm most concerned about. Jimmy and Derrick have been water and oil while on the court and it's frustrating. Hopefully they can finally learn how to play with each other.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The bolded is what I'm most concerned about. Jimmy and Derrick have been water and oil while on the court and it's frustrating. Hopefully they can finally learn how to play with each other.

It's clear to me now that Rose is buying into Fred. He's getting the ball up quickly and the team is running and moving the ball moderately better. Jimmy slows the game down and doesn't seem to buy into Fred's fast pace philosophy. That's a a monumental problem to have with your star player.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is probably one of the least of the Bulls' problems at this point imo. I do think he fits Hoiberg's scheme well and when guys are knocking down shots I see no reason he can't be a 22ppg 8 apg guy.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
It's clear to me now that Rose is buying into Fred. He's getting the ball up quickly and the team is running and moving the ball moderately better. Jimmy slows the game down and doesn't seem to buy into Fred's fast pace philosophy. That's a a monumental problem to have with your star player.

I agree. Jimmy has been a huge ball stopper this season. He's much better off the ball than he's been playing this year and if he buys in, Rose and Jimmy can be a top 5 back court in the league

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose is probably one of the least of the Bulls' problems at this point imo. I do think he fits Hoiberg's scheme well and when guys are knocking down shots I see no reason he can't be a 22ppg 8 apg guy.
Yep. Team drama seems down lately too. Even with the previous losing streak.

Does kinda make you wonder about Jimmy.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What's troubling is this has gone on the entire year. Jimmy is still not buying in and Fred hasn't been able to "coach him harder" as Jimmy himself said he wanted to see. I don't know how you hold him accountable because he's your best player and you can't simply bench him. The players need to speak up and reel him in and Fred needs to take Jimmy's advice and lay into him more. That means he's going to have to stray from his laid back, drone personality.