Roster cuts around the league + 53 man roster

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well, Robinson had 1.5 sacks (not two) in that freak monsoon-- game one of the season. But how many did he have the rest of the year?

Zero! Hardly a good argument in Robinson's favor. The truth is, Robinson has shown nothing.
Can’t believe you’re being this short sighted.

How many did Gibson have in the monsoon? How many did he have the whole year?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gibson had a good year in2021 with 7 sacks, very good for a rookie and was the best DL this preseason. Robinson, in contrast, has shown absolutely nothing either last year or this preseason.
2021 he was in a 3-4 scheme and is what they call a tweener. Between LB and DE could stand up rush and move in space a bit more

2022 he was in a 4-3 scheme which is hand in the dirt rusher - Engaged with OT's most of the time and not his strength -

Round peg - Square hole - He is decent in the right scheme and will find a landing spot

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can’t believe you’re being this short sighted.

How many did Gibson have in the monsoon? How many did he have the whole year?
They're both nothing more than #4-#5 OLB's that should be playing OLB in a 3-4 defense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand because his preseason was NOT impressive in any way, shape, or form. I saw NOTHING from this guy but penalties and getting blown up by offensive linemen.
We should let the Bears know they made a horrible mistake because a month old alt on the CCS didn't see enough in preseason...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, Robinson had 1.5 sacks (not two) in that freak monsoon-- game one of the season. But how many did he have the rest of the year?

Zero! Hardly a good argument in Robinson's favor. The truth is, Robinson has shown nothing.
Except that he wasn't expected to show much last year. If this team had a solid roster, he'd had been on the PS learning his craft since he was new to the position. If they're close to even, Robinson will get the nod.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who cares about trevis? The bears, if anything, did him a favor. He clearly was not a fit for fluss's scheme. This gives him a chance to play and make an impact elsewhere.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2021 he was in a 3-4 scheme and is what they call a tweener. Between LB and DE could stand up rush and move in space a bit more

2022 he was in a 4-3 scheme which is hand in the dirt rusher - Engaged with OT's most of the time and not his strength -

Round peg - Square hole - He is decent in the right scheme and will find a landing spot
I said they should move him or cut him once Flus became the HC. Poor fit for this scheme

napo55

Liked Posts:
How many times have good players been let go because they didn't fit the "scheme"? (Remember Greg Olsen?)

Good coaches find a way to utilize their most talented players.

Last edited: