Run on WRs picks 22-30..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
nobody is giving up a 1st for a 3rd
Come on dude. Obviously I meant including our first round pick.

The 39th and 71st overall could move us up to around the 25th overall in the draft value chart.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
They need a Z and depth. Mooney is your X (and Z) and Pringle is your slot. The draft isn’t the last shot to get a Z, because waves of post draft, summer, and camp cuts are still going to give options that OL and 3 tech won’t get.

‘Wr is in fact a big need’ is a little dramatic. It’s 4th after 3 tech, OL, and cb2.
I don't think the majority of fans are going to bitch if Poles bolsters the OL and DL with the first two picks.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Elaborate on passing on alot of talented wrs in FA if you would.
While agreed it wasn't the best FA WR crop, about 10 WRs signed 10+ million dollar contracts, so we could have done better than Pringle.

And I am fine with passing on a big free agent WR, but now you have a hole that you need to fill in the draft.

Its a great opportunity for Poles to show he belongs, by drafting a receiver in the middle or late 2nd that comes out and produces year 1.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He’s talking about 39 plus our 3rd. Which does work at least according to the trade chart.
I mean just looking at the WR grades, there isn't real top 5 draft talent, like last year you had 4 receivers go in the top 10.

This draft has some WR depth and presents a good opportunity to grab a solid starter in the last first.

After the Mack trade I could see the Bears hoping back into the 1st, but I just don't know if the value is going to be there with KC and GB chomping at the bit for WR talent.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks a lot fuck face pace

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Awesome. I'm down with DE, but if one of those CBs slides to us even better. We basically don't have a CB opposite of Jaylon Johnson.

Some of the guys clamoring for a wr were also VERY high on Mooney this time last year. Also, I've watched a few Chiefs games - and I might have been watching a career game by Pringle - but I suspect he's better than his statistics because he's buried behind Hunt & Kelce.

Why would we draft WR with our first pick when we don't even have a starting CB? I think CB might be the first pick if a good one is still available.
Thomas Graham will win the other CB spot and do a bang up job, Pringle will be much better than folks think.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I am fine giving Justin Fields all seventeen starts to prove his mettle, but if I'm Ryan Poles I'm not just ignoring Desmond Ridder, Malik Willis or Kenny Pickett should any of them miraculously fall to the Bears (which is almost impossible, I know). I know that's heretical to believe on this board, but Fields was literally indistinguishable from your average quarterback bust his rookie year. He could turn it around, I'm pro giving him the opportunity to turn it around, but the odds are lalready poor.

Even then if the Bears are going to draft for need it should be OL. 100%. That's the biggest need on the team. Both picks for all I care. But if Poles wants to go BPA I won't complain, even if that BPA is a receiver.
Fields win shine!!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are WRs that should STILL fall to us in the 2nd/3rd. But Olave was never going to be there. I hope they go OL if players drop.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are WRs that should STILL fall to us in the 2nd/3rd. But Olave was never going to be there. I hope they go OL if players drop.
Bears fans love affair with Olave is a bit much. I don't see Poles mortgaging the farm to draft up to get him. I think there will be enough WRs with talent when they pick in the second.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
WRs are going to get hammered from 22-30. Both GB and KC have 2 selections in the first round each, and some mocks have GB taking 2 WRs.

Its very likely at least 3 WRs come off the board between 22-30 and at least 6 WRs get taken in the first round.

Kind of a bad luck position for the Bears. You could probably give up a 3rd to jump back into the very late first round, but I think that late run on WRs is going to deplete that WR depth.

It will be interesting to see how Poles handles that position of need if there is a run at WR in the bottom of the first.

So Green Bay beats us twice, wins the division while we miss the playoffs, and are picking twice before we once.

Sounds about right. Thanks, Pace.