Run on WRs picks 22-30..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
remember when Daniels who was consistently graded in the 15-20 range mysteriously fell to 39 and Pace took the mid first rounder dropper.... well
No

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
poles might want to trade back from 39 if a QB hungry teams wants one of those top 6 QBs. If a run happens on WR, then I’d trade down with 39 and get OL and WR with the next 2 picks ideally. Maybe draft that Oklahoma LB, they just hosted, in round 3

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Metchie is absolutely way better.

I don’t claim to be a draft “expert” or anything but it shocks me that he’s in the third round in all these mocks. Don’t know if he ever becomes a true #1 but he looks like a guy with multiple 1000 yard seasons in his future to me. (Assuming be fully recovers)

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I don’t claim to be a draft “expert” or anything but it shocks me that he’s in the third round in all these mocks. Don’t know if he ever becomes a true #1 but he looks like a guy with multiple 1000 yard seasons in his future to me. (Assuming be fully recovers)
Yeah I'd seriously consider him with the second 2nd round pick. Or consider trading up from our 3rd rounder to get him. But I'm a really big fan of him and think he can be an immediate difference maker at the nfl level

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
He would be a third round talent, since he was drafted in the 3rd round. Your logic not mine. Every draft has 32 first round talents (since 32 players are drafted in round 1, making them 1st round talent) and every team has the same 32 players rated at the top. Remember, it is impossible for a 1st round talent to slip into the second. Even if the player was rated 20th on their draft board, he would not, could note be a 1st round talent.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on dude. Obviously I meant including our first round pick.

The 39th and 71st overall could move us up to around the 25th overall in the draft value chart.
OK, that makes more sense

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He would be a third round talent, since he was drafted in the 3rd round. Your logic not mine. Every draft has 32 first round talents (since 32 players are drafted in round 1, making them 1st round talent) and every team has the same 32 players rated at the top. Remember, it is impossible for a 1st round talent to slip into the second. Even if the player was rated 20th on their draft board, he would not, could note be a 1st round talent.
If we got him in round 3 I wouldn’t be claiming he was a first round talent.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
U sound like you’d make a good politician. Lol

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
When someone says that some player is a first round talent, it means that that player is worthy of being picked in the first round. This comes from talent evaluators, not some random internet person.

These talent evaluators almost every single year say that there are X players who are first round talent and that X usually comes to around the 20 to 25 number. This means that out of the 32 players drafted in the 1st round, there are around 7 to 12 players who are not worthy of being a first round pick. They are only drafted in the 1st round because some teams are desperate for a QB and overdraft one or two and then there are still 5 to 10 other players who are overdrafted because 5 to 10 teams at the end of the first round have to draft someone.

You seem to be under the impression that only people who are drafted in the 1st round can be first round talents. That is completely incorrect.

A first round talent is:
  1. a player who was believed to have enough talent to be selected in the top 32 picks and were either:
    1. drafted in the first round
    2. were pushed back enough to fall into the 2nd round or later by:
      1. an unusually deep top of the draft (hardly ever happens) where there are more than 32 players worthy of being drafted in the first round
      2. a deep top of the draft class where QBs are overdrafted, pushing of the 1st round talents to fall into the second round.
      3. an injury that happened to the player during the college season. That player had first round talent, but injury concerns (be they real or imagined) caused them to fall.
      4. some major red flag happened to a college player. Now a true character issue would drop them from being 1st round worthy because of concerns of future improprieties. However; sometimes something comes our about a player that is not true.
A first round talent is not one of the first 32 players drafted in any given year.

Examples are usually good to explain concepts.

Example 1:

You and your 4 friends go to the local beauty contest to date the "10"s. There is a good quantity of young women, but there are only 2 women that you consider a 10.

Are 3 of you going to home empty-handed?

Of course not. Two are going to leave with the two 10s, two are going out with the 2 9s and one is going to leave with an 8.

Question: Were there 5 10s in that situation?

Example 2:

You and your 4 friends go to the beauty contest to date 10s, but this beauty contest is The Miss Universe contest.

You and your friends count 47 women who could be rated as a 10.

Each of you goes out with one of those 10s.

Question: Were there only 5 10s in that situation?

Notice how it is all about supply and demand?

If there are less 10s (first round talents) available, the last to pick will have to pick 9s unless some of your friends demanded redheads (QBs) who were not 10s (yes, there were some redheads who were 10s) allowing some 10s to fall to you, letting you choose from among them.

If there is the rare occasion where there are a lot of 10s available (first round talents), everyone is going to be able to pick a 10 and there will be 10s available for the less attractive men (2nd round) to choose from too.

I hope you are clever enough to understand this simple concept.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
because I think Metchie is way better. ?‍♂️
Fair enough, but there’s no way that he is worth an extra draft pick to move up better.

That kid out of Memphis is a bonafide track star, and has broken ankles. He’s fast. Yeah, he’s short, but for what you want from Metchie, the kid has at a lesser price. So, I am okay with people having their guys and all, but valuation’s valuation.

Saying to spend extra draft capital, when our pockets aren’t overflowing, on a WR that is a speed guy, isn’t judicious.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
When someone says that some player is a first round talent, it means that that player is worthy of being picked in the first round. This comes from talent evaluators, not some random internet person.

These talent evaluators almost every single year say that there are X players who are first round talent and that X usually comes to around the 20 to 25 number. This means that out of the 32 players drafted in the 1st round, there are around 7 to 12 players who are not worthy of being a first round pick. They are only drafted in the 1st round because some teams are desperate for a QB and overdraft one or two and then there are still 5 to 10 other players who are overdrafted because 5 to 10 teams at the end of the first round have to draft someone.

You seem to be under the impression that only people who are drafted in the 1st round can be first round talents. That is completely incorrect.

A first round talent is:
  1. a player who was believed to have enough talent to be selected in the top 32 picks and were either:
    1. drafted in the first round
    2. were pushed back enough to fall into the 2nd round or later by:
      1. an unusually deep top of the draft (hardly ever happens) where there are more than 32 players worthy of being drafted in the first round
      2. a deep top of the draft class where QBs are overdrafted, pushing of the 1st round talents to fall into the second round.
      3. an injury that happened to the player during the college season. That player had first round talent, but injury concerns (be they real or imagined) caused them to fall.
      4. some major red flag happened to a college player. Now a true character issue would drop them from being 1st round worthy because of concerns of future improprieties. However; sometimes something comes our about a player that is not true.
A first round talent is not one of the first 32 players drafted in any given year.

Examples are usually good to explain concepts.

Example 1:

You and your 4 friends go to the local beauty contest to date the "10"s. There is a good quantity of young women, but there are only 2 women that you consider a 10.

Are 3 of you going to home empty-handed?

Of course not. Two are going to leave with the two 10s, two are going out with the 2 9s and one is going to leave with an 8.

Question: Were there 5 10s in that situation?

Example 2:

You and your 4 friends go to the beauty contest to date 10s, but this beauty contest is The Miss Universe contest.

You and your friends count 47 women who could be rated as a 10.

Each of you goes out with one of those 10s.

Question: Were there only 5 10s in that situation?

Notice how it is all about supply and demand?

If there are less 10s (first round talents) available, the last to pick will have to pick 9s unless some of your friends demanded redheads (QBs) who were not 10s (yes, there were some redheads who were 10s) allowing some 10s to fall to you, letting you choose from among them.

If there is the rare occasion where there are a lot of 10s available (first round talents), everyone is going to be able to pick a 10 and there will be 10s available for the less attractive men (2nd round) to choose from too.

I hope you are clever enough to understand this simple concept.you

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Jojo - iagree with much of what you stated. My response was directed towards babablacksheep who stated that it is a physical impossibility to draft a first round talent outside of the first round. “First round talent doesn’t “drop”. First round talent gets….. wait for it…. Drafted in the first round.” - babablacksbeep.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Left tackle, edge rusher, guard, center and cornerback are bigger needs. If the Bears are worried about their passing game sucking they should fix the offensive line and perhaps look into drafting a quarterback who doesn't look like Josh Rosen before they go overdrafting wide receivers in a weak draft.
Agreed, so Plenty of needs for good value in an inevitably pruned BPA.

Or trade back. Eye on the future…always until it feels like “the end.”

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fair enough, but there’s no way that he is worth an extra draft pick to move up better.

That kid out of Memphis is a bonafide track star, and has broken ankles. He’s fast. Yeah, he’s short, but for what you want from Metchie, the kid has at a lesser price. So, I am okay with people having their guys and all, but valuation’s valuation.

Saying to spend extra draft capital, when our pockets aren’t overflowing, on a WR that is a speed guy, isn’t judicious.

We have different takes. CA does very little for me. Metchie if healthy looks like a pro wide receiver for 10 years IMO. If I have to give up an extra 5th that statically speaking usually doesn’t work out then I’m all in.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What I learned in this thread is that Shea McClellin was a first round talent simply because he was drafted in the 1st round. And Charles Tillman was not a 1st round talent.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What I learned in this thread is that Shea McClellin was a first round talent simply because he was drafted in the 1st round. And Charles Tillman was not a 1st round talent.
Yes, because clearly where one was drafted can’t be revisited 10 or 20 years later.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Bears fans love affair with Olave is a bit much. I don't see Poles mortgaging the farm to draft up to get him. I think there will be enough WRs with talent when they pick in the second.
I love Olave and think he will be star but with where we are as a team overall talent wise I would not move into 1st round for him or anyone else in this draft.