Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would love to, but you haven't said a thing - you just keep bad mouthing everything I and other say. I would love to learn more. But - I am not going to be submissive or subservient to you guys because you're no better than I. If you would actually tell me some worth while information I would be more than happy to learn.

And I know macronutrients provide calories or energy - just getting a rise out of you.
Disagree.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You haven't taught me anything about the "right" way (or your way) to be healthy. What's your secrets? Please share.

Actually I have.

Cleansing is not healthy.

Now you know.

Coming into this thread you thought it provided the health benefit of ridding your body of "toxins" now you know that's all bullshit.

We've taught you plenty.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I would love to, but you haven't said a thing

I've said a lot. I've said that your voodoo juice didn't rid you of toxins, didn't "cleanse" your body, and didn't do anything other than put you in an extreme caloric deficit that is both ridiculously unhealthy, and also unproductive.

I've said that soda isn't the same as motor oil, and in moderation isn't bad for you at all.. and provides mental benefits to a flexible diet... which helps to prevent eating disorders such as orthorexia.

I've said plenty, you're too dense to comprehend any of it thus far.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carbohydrates.

Why not eat something that is more natural? Potatoes, grains, milk, fruits, or yogurt. Other foods like vegetables, beans, nuts, etc contain carbohydrates too, and it's all GOT to be healthier than Dr. Pepper. Being a weight lifter, you probably have more self control than most - so it should deem easier for you, IMO.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I have.

Cleansing is not healthy.

Now you know.

Coming into this thread you thought it provided the health benefit of ridding your body of "toxins" now you know that's all bullshit.

We've taught you plenty.

Not true - I cam in to this thread wanting do discuss running - that's the thread title. I made an off hand comment about I cleansed and all hell broke loose - mostly on your guys' part.

Now I'm asking what you guys do to lose and maintain weight/muscle.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've said a lot. I've said that your voodoo juice didn't rid you of toxins, didn't "cleanse" your body, and didn't do anything other than put you in an extreme caloric deficit that is both ridiculously unhealthy, and also unproductive.

I've said that soda isn't the same as motor oil, and in moderation isn't bad for you at all.. and provides mental benefits to a flexible diet... which helps to prevent eating disorders such as orthorexia.

I've said plenty, you're too dense to comprehend any of it thus far.

See, I got all of that. Now...what do you guys do - lend your knowledge to the rest of us. (being serious)

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Why not eat something that is more natural? Potatoes, grains, milk, fruits, or yogurt. Other foods like vegetables, beans, nuts, etc contain carbohydrates too, and it's all GOT to be healthier than Dr. Pepper. Being a weight lifter, you probably have more self control than most - so it should deem easier for you, IMO.

Who said I don't eat those things?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not true - I cam in to this thread wanting do discuss running - that's the thread title. I made an off hand comment about I cleansed and all hell broke loose - mostly on your guys' part.

Actually what I said is true.

We've taught you plenty.

Just deal with the fact your cleanse idea sucks and not only is it not "for everyone" it shouldn't be for anyone...ever.
Now I'm asking what you guys do to lose and maintain weight/muscle.

Control my diet calorie wise. Run 3-4 days a week. Cross train the other days. I don't lift. Haven't found a lifting program I like that goes along with my running schedule/goals.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said I don't eat those things?

Now I think you're being dense. From everything I've read, Dr. Pepper isn't a substiture for any of those listed - or even recommended. I could understand supplements, but not Dr. Pepper.

So...what's your secret?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now I think you're being dense. From everything I've read, Dr. Pepper isn't a substiture for any of those listed - or even recommended. I could understand supplements, but not Dr. Pepper.

So...what's your secret?

Burn more calories than you take in?

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually what I said is true.

We've taught you plenty.

Just deal with the fact your cleanse idea sucks and not only is it not "for everyone" it shouldn't be for anyone...ever.

Control my diet calorie wise. Run 3-4 days a week. Cross train the other days. I don't lift. Haven't found a lifting program I like that goes along with my running schedule/goals.

Had to get the jab in there - didn't ya? Are you done now?

Since I am new to this, what (or where) can I look into cross training? Any examples? Right now I run 2 miles about 5 days a week, watch my caloric intake (1500), and work mostly on my core, abs and back with some on my arms. I know the core is where evertything starts so I try to focus there and I will expand to other muscle groups when I am ready.

Any good sites/articles to learn properly? I know there are a bunch online, but not sure who to believe. I know we're all different, but what is a good place to start?

Last edited:

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burn more calories than you take in?

Really? I could burn 2000 calories running and then eat a couple bags of chips and a Big Mac or two and I could even that out I would think. I want to know/research burning fat, gaining muscle, and keeping that muscle. I don't want mass so much as I want to be cut.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:

So...what's your secret?

I don't even understand what you're asking.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't even understand what you're asking.

You must follow some sort of regiment. Where did you get your info on how much of what to eat daily? Do you take supplements? That kind of stuff.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Really? I could burn 2000 calories running

Good luck. On average a person burns roughly 300 calories an hour doing moderate cardiovascular exercise. So if you want to run for 5 or 6 hours everyday.. knock yourself out.

I want to know/research burning fat, gaining muscle, and keeping that muscle. I don't want mass so much as I want to be cut.

Too many goals. You either want to burn fat, or gain muscle. You won't be cut without mass.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Had to get the jab in there - didn't ya? Are you done now?
Are you?
Since I am new to this, what (or where) can I look into cross training?
Start here

www.google.com

You ran in HS and don't know what Cross Training is? Ride a bike. Swim. Hop on an elliptical. Do something none contact. Do core work/yoga.

There are tons of different type of cross training.
Any examples? Right now I run 2 miles about 5 days a week, watch my caloric intake (1500)
More than likely you're not getting anything out of the running. 2 miles isn't that much. 1500 calories seems in general WAY too low. Rosetta could tell you better than I.

Frankly, I'd find a licensed trainer and nutritionist and meet with them discuss your goals etc and have them form the plan.

All my stuff is distance running centric since that's what I do.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
You must follow some sort of regiment. Where did you get your info on how much of what to eat daily? Do you take supplements? That kind of stuff.

Everybody varies some on how much to eat if you take your bodyweightx15 that's a pretty good estimate of your maintenance caloric need. You want to lose, take off 300-500 cals, want to gain, add 300-500 cals. No I don't take supplements.

Status
Not open for further replies.