onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You have to spend pretty close to the salary cap to justify what you are doing, so I'm just thinking it would be wise to.... guarantee everything.... to everybody....

And throw in a couple extra roster bonuses

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you having a hard time with the question?
Here it is again:

What QB, given RB's, WR's, TE's, O line, home field, and accompanying defense and include passing climate of the league, has had a better chance to succeed than RW over his short 3 year career?

First you bold only the offensive categories and then you list a bunch of QB's that play with inferior defenses and home field advantages to RW. It's not a hard answer, no QB in the history of the modern NFL has ever been gifted with the #1 defense and a top 6 running back (3,6,4 in season rush yards)in his first three seasons before RW. Throw in the huge advantage their home crowd provides, he is 22-2 at home and 14-10 on the road, and you have a situation many beyond RW could succeed in.

Wilson had one good WR, bad to mediocre o line and bad to anonymous TEs. He basically had what Cutler had from 2010-2012 except he started every game and has won a playoff game each year of his career

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Wilson had one good WR, bad to mediocre o line and bad to anonymous TEs. He basically had what Cutler had from 2010-2012 except he started every game and has won a playoff game each year of his career

You can't just not mention Lynch and that defense though.

shinbet2002

Liked Posts:
You can't just not mention Lynch and that defense though.
I kno right ? Wilson makes no plays. He doesn't even steer the ship. He's just a roster spot along for the ride. Kinda like Dilfer and Johnson were that one year except Wilson has ridden the boat for three years thus far.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

shinbet2002

Liked Posts:
Maybe look at it this way - Wilson does more with every attempt, so logically needs less to accomplish the same task.
Ding. In the same way that a Ford ecoboost four cylinder does the same job that a Ford V8 does minus the extra cylinders is the exact same way Wilson does more with less. What should high yardage matter when Wilson can simply capitalize on every opportunity he gets when it counts ?

The NBA equivalent of Wilson would be praised as one of the best players in the game. The NBA values efficiency as opposed to volume scoring. If a guy needs 100 shots to score 30 points then how good is he really?

When Luck took all the credit for that KC comeback no one pointed out that Luck was the reason for Indy being in that hole in the first place. No one pointed out that the "garbage " defense he played with made the necessary stops in that game that allowed for a comeback.

A team similar to the Seahawks would be the 2006 and 2010-2012 Chicago Bears. Right there is an in your face example of how inefficiency at the qb position can cripple even the most formidable all around teams. A Russell Wilson type qb would have would have put one of those Bears teams over.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd say the game has changed a lot since McMahon and even Dilfer. The level of offensive complexity and passing friendly rule changes have made QBs more important than ever. IMO if you take that Bears team or that Ravens team and apply todays rules that would really handcuff much of what they did in coverage both QBs would have been exposed for being liabilities when being asked to do more.

In short, Wilson comes through. He doesn't get as many opportunities as a Luck/Rodgers because many 4th quarters his defense is locking down the game or they are running out the clock, but when looking at his efficency when he's asked to perform he does.

In all honestly when I'm comparing him to other QBs I keep thinking of Drew Brees. I'm not focusing on height, but rather that both are just great at making everyone around them better and coming up big when their team needs them too. I'd also say both guys are very good when evaluating their off field contributions to their local communities.

,,,,,,,,but when looking at his efficency when he's asked to perform he does.

In all honestly when I'm comparing him to other QBs I keep thinking of Drew Brees. I'm not focusing on height, but rather that both are just great at making everyone around them better and coming up big when their team needs them too.

Good point......Lets face it RW has made mediocre wr's look darn good

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't go that far. He keeps mediocre receivers looking mediocre. He is however a playmaker and very efficient with the ball. I don't think he can carry an offense like Luck can, but he can win you games with a solid one.

Reactions: 1ke

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[sarcasm]good point, that is why Tate's numbers went down so much when that second tier QB started throwing him the ball[/sarcasm]

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
[sarcasm]good point, that is why Tate's numbers went down so much when that second tier QB started throwing him the ball[/sarcasm]
Oooh sarcasm tags. That's a real useful invention!

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The greedy little bitch finally got the money he thinks he's entitled to.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm with you guys...Seattle should just franchise him and not try and get a deal done soon.

Shit....Seattle's gonna be tough for a few more years.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The greedy little bitch finally got the money he thinks he's entitled to.

I haven't really participated in this thread nor really care to go back and read all the posts, but was calling him greedy a common theme?

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't really participated in this thread nor really care to go back and read all the posts, but was calling him greedy a common theme?

Fuck that guy trying to make his money.... Seems legit.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm with you guys...Seattle should just franchise him and not try and get a deal done soon.

Shit....Seattle's gonna be tough for a few more years.

Except for the fact that Wilson just ate up a ton of money that they were using or can use to sign/re-sign some of the players like they have in the past.