Russell Wilson Offered $21m/yr - He declines

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
So hopefully this will tone down the Cutler haters rhetoric about how his salary is the reason why the Bears defense sucks, right?

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't even bother posting in those 20 page Cutler threads. Sorry if it looked that way, don't want to make it a Cutler thread. There is just no accountability for people that are dead wrong on things (Cutler, Trestman, Emery, etc), and then just move on long nothing ever happened.

Those are my favorite posters. Continually talking in absolutes after being completely wrong numerous times.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't even bother posting in those 20 page Cutler threads. Sorry if it looked that way, don't want to make it a Cutler thread. There is just no accountability for people that are dead wrong on things (Cutler, Trestman, Emery, etc), and then just move on long nothing ever happened.

I agree. Anyone who thought Hester would be better in ATL than he was here shouldn't be allowed to talk about other NFL teams, anyone who thought Lovie would be good for Tampa should be allowed to talk coaches and defiantly anyone who thought the Bears were going to draft a QB before the 5th round shouldn't be allowed to talk QB's. Im sick of people being wrong on the internet and moving on like nothing happened!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Seattle gave him the money because it's not really that easy to duplicate Wilson's ability at QB. And they don't want to have to start all over at that position. He's been able to perform well in that offense given his only weapon is Lynch.
Agreed, and it will be interesting to see the contract and guarantees.
Something like:
$31M SB guaranteed
2015 $1.7 base guaranteed
2016 $10 base guaranteed
2017 $12 base guaranteed
2018 $15 base $5.3M guaranteed
2019 $16 base
That would equal cap hits of $7.9,M, $16.2, $18.2 over the next 3 years with a $5.3 M buy out in 2018 if he flops. Though the accelerated cap hit would be $24 M in that scenario.

If he is a stud he would have cap hits of $21.2M and $22.2M in 2018 and 2019.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I really couldn't give a shit what they pay Wilson. But anybody who was thrilled with the Cutler deal on here (and there were plenty) should not be taken seriously on what they are posting in this thread, already lost all credibility.
Hell yeah.

And NAFTA, if you liked NAFTA, your opinion is useless.

Don't even get me started if you disagreed with the Louisiana purchase!!!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. Anyone who thought Hester would be better in ATL than he was here shouldn't be allowed to talk about other NFL teams, anyone who thought Lovie would be good for Tampa should be allowed to talk coaches and defiantly anyone who thought the Bears were going to draft a QB before the 5th round shouldn't be allowed to talk QB's. Im sick of people being wrong on the internet and moving on like nothing happened!

I was fine with Hester here, he won more games for this team than anybody on the roster. Never said he would be better in Atlanta. Lovie will be great in Tampa, I am certain of that. That was year one, expected. You will see massive improvement in year two, which also took place with him in Chicago in a huge way. Yes, we should have been drafting a QB before the 5th round. I was right, Emery was wrong. Most will agree with that. He screwed up the QB position very well here in Chicago.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I was fine with Hester here, he won more games for this team than anybody on the roster. Never said he would be better in Atlanta. Lovie will be great in Tampa, I am certain of that. That was year one, expected. You will see massive improvement in year two, which also took place with him in Chicago in a huge way. Yes, we should have been drafting a QB before the 5th round. I was right, Emery was wrong. Most will agree with that. He screwed up the QB position very well here in Chicago.

What would you consider a massive improvement for Lovie/Tampa in 2015?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

lol Translation: I was wrong about multiple things but they don't count. You did say Ryan would use Hester better; wrong. You said Lovie would be great in Tampa; wrong and you were wrong about us drafting a QB regardless of if you thought it was the right decision. No accountability after being dead wrong

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
lol Translation: I was wrong about multiple things but they don't count. You did say Ryan would use Hester better; wrong. You said Lovie would be great in Tampa; wrong and you were wrong about us drafting a QB regardless of if you thought it was the right decision. No accountability after being dead wrong

You had to love that game last year, when Hester had a great game. These boards were all about how much better Atlanta / Ryan were at using Hester. Then the crickets took over as the weeks moved along.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So hopefully this will tone down the Cutler haters rhetoric about how his salary is the reason why the Bears defense sucks, right?

Attempting to build a team around Cutler is why the defense sucks

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You had to love that game last year, when Hester had a great game. These boards were all about how much better Atlanta / Ryan were at using Hester. Then the crickets took over as the weeks moved along.

My favorite was when a few non accountable posters here said Hester was going to destroy us and probably return a kick against us. I cant even remember if he played

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Attempting to build a team around Cutler is why the defense sucks

You sure about that? Since Cutler contract we have seem to bring a bunch of defensive players in the draft and F.A but I'm sure it wanst Tucker or whiffing on F.A like Allen or Houston so far, just building around Cutler. Now that you are wrong, will you take accountability

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Your screen name here is perfect based on the players you choose to support.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the defense sucks because Cutler is an average QB getting paid above his abilities?

How does that even make sense? Will Seattle's defense suck now because Wilson got paid?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You sure about that? Since Cutler contract we have seem to bring a bunch of defensive players in the draft and F.A but I'm sure it wanst Tucker or whiffing on F.A like Allen or Houston so far, just building around Cutler

I knew I could get you homers to keep talking about Cutler