Russell Wilson Offered $21m/yr - He declines

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
This turned into a Cutler thread? Shocking !!!!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
How does that even make sense? Will Seattle's defense suck now because Wilson got paid?

Wilson doesn't need any propping up.

Most key players on the D are signed through 2018...so I think their D will be alright for a while

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This turned into a Cutler thread? Shocking !!!!

I think this stems from most Bears fans not being able to form a coherent thought on a QB other than Cutler

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your screen name here is perfect based on the players you choose to support.

Translation: I put something extremely dumb out there and now people are using it against me. Instead of taking accountability like I harped about I might as well try grade school insults

P.S From what I read he is a big fan of Forte

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think this stems from most Bears fans not being able to form a coherent thought on a QB other than Cutler

Yeah, you have a serious problem

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO, Wilson is going to have a HUGE year with the additions of Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett. Especially Lockett, next year's NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah, you have a serious problem

This thread isn't about the C-word.

It about whether RW deserves to get paid...which he did. And I'm sure he will have a huge year in 2015

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This thread isn't about the C-word.

It about whether RW deserves to get paid...which he did. And I'm sure he will have a huge year in 2015

I think he will take a step back in production, but he still has that defense so he is gravy

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think he will take a step back in production, but he still has that defense so he is gravy

Why would you think that...he actually has offensive weapons this year besides Lynch

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would you think that...he actually has offensive weapons this year besides Lynch

And that is the problem imo. The team has built success on a dominate defense and running game with Wilson building off of lynch. It worries me that the Seahawks will end up being pass happy

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said, it will be interesting to see if it was the right move or not.
Seattle also gave Minn a 1st, 3rd and 7th for Percy Harvin, paid him $19 M for 8 games played and 23 receptions and traded him to the Jets after a year and a half for a 6th, so the best franchises don't always get it right.

But look how fast they cut bait and ran when they knew they screwed up as opposed to holding onto him for an eternity..........

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And that is the problem imo. The team has built success on a dominate defense and running game with Wilson building off of lynch. It worries me that the Seahawks will end up being pass happy

I think they work off each other actually, Bevell's never been known to be a pass happy OC though. Except for the last play of their season, still have no clue what he was thinking.

It will more than likely be business as usual with Wilson putting up far better stats than he has in the past 3 years. Which means...he'll probably be more middle of the road in pass attempts. Right in check with Rodgers

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Stupid Russell Wilson. He turned down $21M/year deal only to a accept a crummy 21.9M/year deal. I mean, how dumb is he to turn down the $21M offer when he's clearly not worth that much.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Stupid Russell Wilson. He turned down $21M/year deal only to a accept a crummy 21.9M/year deal. I mean, how dumb is he to turn down the $21M offer when he's clearly not worth that much.

Seattle should've spent the money of defense. We all know that offense is just Marshawn Lynch. I mean they should just pay him the money and direct snap it to him

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Seattle should've spent the money of defense. We all know that offense is just Marshawn Lynch. I mean they should just pay him the money and direct snap it to him

Actually what they should have done is taken the defense and Marshawn Lynch, put them in a field and hooked the sprinklers up to $21M. That way the money just gets rained on the group that earned it.

They should have Matt Flynn's head put on Tavaris Jackson's body. I'm fully assuing that the transplant wouldn't take, but Frankenstien-ish lifeless body will do about as well as Wilson has done the past 3 seasons.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Is Russell Wilson the black Caleb Hanie?

Probably yes

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Funny, you all are crowing like you are somehow a victor in the R Wilson value discussion because he signed for an amount most expected would happen.
That would be like a Cutler fan stating he was worth his contract because he got it.

Nothing has really changed, the answer to this discussion is a couple years away minimum.
And the circle jerk of reductio ad absurdum is a bit beneath you two...at least I thought it was.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Funny, you all are crowing like you are somehow a victor in the R Wilson value discussion because he signed for an amount most expected would happen.
That would be like a Cutler fan stating he was worth his contract because he got it.

Nothing has really changed, the answer to this discussion is a couple years away minimum.
And the circle jerk of reductio ad absurdum is a bit beneath you two...at least I thought it was.

Change your damn avatar!!!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

Actually you and a few others were making the argument that he's not worth $21M.

NFL contracts are a good example of a free market in that players get paid what a team is willing to pay for their services.

Seattle offering a deal that pays him $21.9M/year means he's worth more than $21M.