Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tell me then, what do you think of the Seahawks not signing him, and how about his replacement?
I don't really think about it much at all. This was never about arguing about how great Ifedi is. I am simply of the opinion he can be pretty good at G. The problem with message boards are that whomever you're having a discussion with wants to paint you into one extreme corner or another and I tend to take a more balanced view on most things. I find the truth often lies in the gray area between extremes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I did not cite PFFs PBE. I cited their counting stat that shows Ifedi accounted for 7 sacks and 52 pressures. If Wilson held the ball too long then that would be included in Wilson's 14 sacks and 41 pressures.

So Ifedi's sack and pressure stats exclude instances where it was judged that Wilson was at fault. They just dont set 2.5 seconds as a threshold. There will be instances where it is still his fault after 2.5 seconds and instances where it wasn't.

If the play is a 7 step drop and Ifedi had a TE chip to buy time but still got beat within design of play then the pressure or sack is on him as the play was set up to give him and Wilson more time.

If Wilso runs into pressure when if he had stepped up in pocket therw would be known then that is on him.
Fine, whatever, don' care. Wont be in space here.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don't really think about it much at all. This was never about arguing about how great Ifedi is. I am simply of the opinion he can be pretty good at G. The problem with message boards are that whomever you're having a discussion with wants to paint you into one extreme corner or another and I tend to take a more balanced view on most things. I find the truth often lies in the gray area between extremes.

I think you should ask yourself why the Seahawks let him go, and who they replaced him with. Look at their roster. Their o line has been bad year after year, and Russell’s mobility has kept things working, as well as their insistence on running the ball.

Shouldn’t it concern you that the Seahawks let him walk to sign a vet min deal, while they had no one in place to fill?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because he was a first round pick they were desperate to work out. Eventually they gave up on him. For an example of this, see Trubisky and the Bears.

1st round picks get longer leashes than other picks for obvious reasons.

Can you show me the article or tweet that you read P.Carroll or some other coach saying this or is this just speculation by going with the easy answer more logical answer? Just wondering.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can you show me the article or tweet that you read P.Carroll or some other coach saying this or is this just speculation by going with the easy answer more logical answer? Just wondering.

“I’m such an optimist . . . I see something that really excites me about a guy and I don’t have to see him play great all the time,” he said. “If I can see enough stuff then I think I can tap into it. I’m a little bit of a victim of that in recruiting and all that because maybe I’m too optimistic about that. Basically, they are what they are and then you develop them and you try to add to it, but I kind of fall (victim) to that.”

Now one can be really dense and say he didnt call Ifedi by name but given timing I think it is clear he is speaking about players thatbhe sees some talent that he sticks with too long because he thinks he can get that talent out of them. Anyone with this mindset is likely to hang onto a talent but inconsistent player like Ifedi.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fine, whatever, don' care. Wont be in space here.

It is what it is. He is still a former first rounder and maybe Castillo can turn it around but his performance is his performance and it generally has sucked. When Mr. Optimistic gives up on you as the quote I mentioned above notes, that is telling. Time will tell if Nagy and Castillo can get more out of him than Carroll.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you should ask yourself why the Seahawks let him go, and who they replaced him with. Look at their roster. Their o line has been bad year after year, and Russell’s mobility has kept things working, as well as their insistence on running the ball.

Shouldn’t it concern you that the Seahawks let him walk to sign a vet min deal, while they had no one in place to fill?
I thought this was a Warford thread. Of course there's concern and never said he was the answer. Just pointing out most of his issues are space related. Maybe he wanted inside, thought he'd be better there and that wasn't an option there. Who the fuck knows? He wasn't cut. Contract ended. You tell me if it matters that much to you.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is what it is. He is still a former first rounder and maybe Castillo can turn it around but his performance is his performance and it generally has sucked. When Mr. Optimistic gives up on you as the quote I mentioned above notes, that is telling. Time will tell if Nagy and Castillo can get more out of him than Carroll.
His optimism put Ifedi at T. :p

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I thought this was a Warford thread. Of course there's concern and never said he was the answer. Just pointing out most of his issues are space related. Maybe he wanted inside, thought he'd be better there and that wasn't an option there. Who the fuck knows? He wasn't cut. Contract ended. You tell me if it matters that much to you.

My point is that you want to analyze the reasons that a former pro bowl player was cut, yet you sit here and make excuses about a former 1st round pick that didn't get extended. Can't have it both ways. It's completely fair to say maybe Warford's decline in play led to him being cut, but now you want to say that ifedi will be good? His second contract is a vet minimum and the team that drafted him let him walk only to be replaced by depth players or a 3rd round pick.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
ifedi, the guy was very raw in technique coming out of texas a&m but his athletic ability is what made him good in college...cant do that in the nfl where everyone is virtually athletic. Seahawks made a calculated decision to move ifedi to tackle and it failed...guards are an easier position to fill and so i can see why it happened and then carrol's optimism kicked into high gear

Bottom line is bears get ifedi for cheap and has potential at guard, he showed flashes of that his rookie year. i'll take that over coward any day

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ifedi, the guy was very raw in technique coming out of texas a&m but his athletic ability is what made him good in college...cant do that in the nfl where everyone is virtually athletic. Seahawks made a calculated decision to move ifedi to tackle and it failed...guards are an easier position to fill and so i can see why it happened and then carrol's optimism kicked into high gear

Bottom line is bears get ifedi for cheap and has potential at guard, he showed flashes of that his rookie year. i'll take that over coward any day

See and this is where I get lost. No he didnt show flashes his rookie year. He was terrible at RG as well.

At no point has Ifedi been a good player over the course of a season. He sucked at RG. He sucked at RT. The hope is just that since his terrible year at RG was as a rookie, that his 3 years sucking at RT will make the transition back to RG easier.

There is some merit to that but no he was never good at RG. Hopefully he has picked up some technique and knowledge while sucking at RT.

msadows

Liked Posts:
See and this is where I get lost. No he didnt show flashes his rookie year. He was terrible at RG as well.

At no point has Ifedi been a good player over the course of a season. He sucked at RG. He sucked at RT. The hope is just that since his terrible year at RG was as a rookie, that his 3 years sucking at RT will make the transition back to RG easier.

There is some merit to that but no he was never good at RG. Hopefully he has picked up some technique and knowledge while sucking at RT.

Tell more more about what PFF told you. plz

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
“I’m such an optimist . . . I see something that really excites me about a guy and I don’t have to see him play great all the time,” he said. “If I can see enough stuff then I think I can tap into it. I’m a little bit of a victim of that in recruiting and all that because maybe I’m too optimistic about that. Basically, they are what they are and then you develop them and you try to add to it, but I kind of fall (victim) to that.”

Now one can be really dense and say he didnt call Ifedi by name but given timing I think it is clear he is speaking about players thatbhe sees some talent that he sticks with too long because he thinks he can get that talent out of them. Anyone with this mindset is likely to hang onto a talent but inconsistent player like Ifedi.

A simple no would do next time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A simple no would do next time.

But the answer isn't no. I provided a quote from Carroll that applies to Ifedi. I don't need him to call Ifedi's name to know he fits what Carroll is talking about. So it isn't no for me. It may be no for you because you need it to be no to fit your narrative.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tell more more about what PFF told you. plz

Seahawk beat writers also said he sucked. The tape also shows a guy that sucked at RG. Sorry.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My point is that you want to analyze the reasons that a former pro bowl player was cut, yet you sit here and make excuses about a former 1st round pick that didn't get extended. Can't have it both ways. It's completely fair to say maybe Warford's decline in play led to him being cut, but now you want to say that ifedi will be good? His second contract is a vet minimum and the team that drafted him let him walk only to be replaced by depth players or a 3rd round pick.
I didn't analyze why he was cut. I simply repeated what was said about it and gave my impressions of his play last year. Saying that they could have kept him if they wanted to is simply stating fact. Every team makes room for guys they want to keep. Some guys are cap casualties and others are simply high paid because a team wants to keep them.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seahawk beat writers also said he sucked. The tape also shows a guy that sucked at RG. Sorry.
He certainly did. He was also overdrafted and it has nothing to do with PFF. I still think he has the ability to become a solid G. I could be wrong.

I don't see why guys have to be all in one side of an argument to the point of ignoring truths and force a response like yours. Just makes em look biased and unable to reason or be objective.

Oh and why isn't Whitehair spending the entire offseason looking tween his legs and launching spirals into a Bass net.