Saints Cut OG Warford

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But why do that if you're in a win now mode after signing Brees? Get him a playmaker! Larry's about to have a behind the scenes coming on.

Part of win now is having some semblance of cap space for emergencies. The Warford cut created 80% of their current cap space.

Bro, you don't even watch the bears. How the fuck you watching Seattle tape?

I watched enough tape to know he played RT in 2017 not RG like you asserted. Maybe next time you watch tape, focus on the positions the players are actually playing.

Why would anyone (You) want us to give Warford at least $7+ mil if that person (You) had any faith in Ifedi who we have on a much cheaper deal and then we could use that $7+ mil on other needed additions like RB or Edge or T or replacing Nick Williams who was really good replacing A.Hicks when he got hurt? Just seems odd. I don't think any person on here has 100% faith that Ifedi is gonna be just fine but we understand that he could and that we also have Bars who we don't if he could fill that RG spot either yet.

Great if there is a RB, Edge or T out there worth the 7 million then let me know. Otherwise this hypothetical really has no bearing on anything.

It is really weird to say we should not sign a guy who would easily be the best OL on the team so that we can spend 7 million a year on a back up RB, back-up pass rusher, back-up DT, etc. In what NFL reality do you live in where teams routinely pay 7 million for backups? Or are you saying you think this RB, Edge, or DT is going to supplant the starters?

You didn't really think this through did you?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then you're fucked, just like pretty much every team in the NFL would be. Duh.

There is a reason the moment any OL with talent gets on the market they get snatched up with the quickness. The majority of NFL teams dont have 4-5 quality starters much less depth.

The Niners had a ton of injuries at OL and made the Super Bowl still. They lost Staley and McG at same period of time and were winning games with their 3rd and 4th string Tackles starting. Good teams can overcome injuries.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Niners had a ton of injuries at OL and made the Super Bowl still. They lost Staley and McG at same period of time and were winning games with their 3rd and 4th string Tackles starting. Good teams can overcome injuries.

Wow. One team.

The quality of depth in the NFL, at oline, is awful. Most teams don't have 5 reliable starters, much less guys behind them. It's why the moment a good OL becomes available teams swarm to them.

Why do I need to keep repeating myself? Ohh ya, cause remy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow. One team.

The quality of depth in the NFL, at oline, is awful. Most teams don't have 5 reliable starters, much less guys behind them. It's why the moment a good OL becomes available teams swarm to them.

Why do I need to keep repeating myself? Ohh ya, cause remy.

Oh I cant be bothered to go digging for the info to come up with more examples. I mean 1 billion people that watched the Super Bowl would possibly have considered the Niners but somehow it slipped your mind. If you arent going to put much thought in your posts to think through possible rebuttals then not worth my time.

You should post less and watch more film and maybe you wouldn't exaggerate so much. Some teams have depth and others don't. Pretty simply really.

It is amusing watching you strut about like a peacock in heat about your film study and you fuck up basic details like what position Ifedi played and a SB team being beset with injuries. Almost as if you dont watch the games as much as you claim or simply don't understand it.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Part of win now is having some semblance of cap space for emergencies. The Warford cut created 80% of their current cap space.

I watched enough tape to know he played RT in 2017 not RG like you asserted. Maybe next time you watch tape, focus on the positions the players are actually playing.

Great if there is a RB, Edge or T out there worth the 7 million then let me know. Otherwise this hypothetical really has no bearing on anything.

It is really weird to say we should not sign a guy who would easily be the best OL on the team so that we can spend 7 million a year on a back up RB, back-up pass rusher, back-up DT, etc. In what NFL reality do you live in where teams routinely pay 7 million for backups? Or are you saying you think this RB, Edge, or DT is going to supplant the starters?

You didn't really think this through did you?

So i'm a little surprised that you're this much of a moron to not understand that we could sign multiple needed backups with that $7+ mil but not as surprised that you just basically said that having capable backups isn't that much of a need. Wow. Guess you didn't notice how big a help it was having Kwiat, KPL, N.Williams and others.

Talk about thinking things through....Hahahaha.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But you just laughed at the option of having capable backups in the last post. Make up your mind remy. I know it's hard with all the remyvortexing but try harder.

You're up. Not a chance in the world that you won't be replying ASAP cause......remy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So i'm a little surprised that you're this much of a moron to not understand that we could sign multiple needed backups with that $7+ mil but not as surprised that you just basically said that having capable backups isn't that much of a need. Wow. Guess you didn't notice how big a help it was having Kwiat, KPL, N.Williams and others.

Talk about thinking things through....Hahahaha.

You just asked me for evidence of Carroll's opinion on Ifedi. Please cite the quote from Nagy or Pace regarding them wanting to use the 7 million for multiple backups?

But you just laughed at the option of having capable backups in the last post. Make up your mind remy. I know it's hard with all the remyvortexing but try harder.

You're up. Not a chance in the world that you won't be replying ASAP cause......remy.

No I laughed at you pretending Pace has this money earmarked for signing these unknown backups. Again please show me the quote where Pace says this? Also, which backups are you referring to? Can you please name names?

Let's make this easy. If Pace signs good backups for 7 million plus between now and training camp, I will say I am wrong. If Pace does not, you will admit you just made shit up to white knight for Pace as you always do.

Deal?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You just asked me for evidence of Carroll's opinion on Ifedi. Please cite the quote from Nagy or Pace regarding them wanting to use the 7 million for multiple backups?

No I laughed at you pretending Pace has this money earmarked for signing these unknown backups. Again please show me the quote where Pace says this? Also, which backups are you referring to? Can you please name names?

Let's make this easy. If Pace signs good backups for 7 million plus between now and training camp, I will say I am wrong. If Pace does not, you will admit you just made shit up to white knight for Pace as you always do.

Deal?

Ummmmmmm hello Mr Moron, where did i say anything about me talking about what Pace or Nagy wanted to do with that money? Please show me that since i can't show you something i never said anything about anyway dummy. All i was simply doing was saying what they could do with $7+ mil if they didn't spend it on Warford.

Please slow down so you can actually know what's going on in this debate we're having. I get it that you get all crazy whenever you see anyone not agreeing with you, which happens every single day in multiple threads on here, but take a breath and try to understand what's being talked about before doing your crazy guy posting.

No deal cause you're doing crazy remy things.......again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmm hello Mr Moron, where did i say anything about me talking about what Pace or Nagy wanted to do with that money? Please show me that since i can't show you something i never said anything about anyway dummy. All i was simply doing was saying what they could do with $7+ mil if they didn't spend it on Warford.

Please slow down so you can actually know what's going on in this debate we're having. I get it that you get all crazy whenever you see anyone not agreeing with you, which happens every single day in multiple threads on here, but take a breath and try to understand what's being talked about before doing your crazy guy posting.

No deal cause you're doing crazy remy things.......again.

Right so you just made shit up. Obviously if you dont spend 7 million on one guy you can sign other guys. However it is a dumb point unless those other guys are actually signed.

Did you think you were saying something insightful?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Right so you just made shit up. Obviously if you dont spend 7 million on one guy you can sign other guys. However it is a dumb point unless those other guys are actually signed.

Did you think you were saying something insightful?

So once again you can't show where i said what you said i said and then try to turn it into something else after once again being wrong about something. Typical remy. Maybe if you spent less time chasing stats on PFF.....just a thought.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So once again you can't show where i said what you said i said and then try to turn it into something else after once again being wrong about something. Typical remy. Maybe if you spent less time chasing stats on PFF.....just a thought.

You seem confused. You said we could spend that money on multiple needed backups. If they are needed and Pace doesnt sign them, I asked are you them going to criticize him.

At that point you bailed. So if Pace doesnt sign Warford or these much needed backups as you call them, you have painted youself into a corner. You will have to admit your entire argument here was made up or accept that Pace fucked up by missing out on Warford and these multiple needed backups.

It is amazing how you recoil regarding holding Pace accountable for anything.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You seem confused. You said we could spend that money on multiple needed backups. If they are needed and Pace doesnt sign them, I asked are you them going to criticize him.

At that point you bailed. So if Pace doesnt sign Warford or these much needed backups as you call them, you have painted youself into a corner. You will have to admit your entire argument here was made up or accept that Pace fucked up by missing out on Warford and these multiple needed backups.

I understand that you have a ton of extra time on your hands to sit on message boards and go back and forth with multiple people in multiple threads and to keep all of these debates going, so u actually have something to do in life, you twist other people's and your own words around but i just don't have the time to do this as much as you do and to be honest it's really juvenile to me how whenever you're wrong, which is a lot, that you can't just admit it and instead find a way to switch things around. On to the next argument for you, i'm sure you have at least 2 or 3 more going on CCS right now.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
honest it's really juvenile to me how whenever you're wrong, which is a lot, that you can't just admit it and instead find a way to switch things around

LOL I don't want to get drawn into this bitchfest, but couldn't help but notice the prime example of "pot calling the kettle black" here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I understand that you have a ton of extra time on your hands to sit on message boards and go back and forth with multiple people in multiple threads and to keep all of these debates going, so u actually have something to do in life, you twist other people's and your own words around but i just don't have the time to do this as much as you do and to be honest it's really juvenile to me how whenever you're wrong, which is a lot, that you can't just admit it and instead find a way to switch things around. On to the next argument for you, i'm sure you have at least 2 or 3 more going on CCS right now.

You asked for a quote from Carroll. I provided one. I asked for a quote from Pace saying he was going to use 7+ million to sign multiple needed backups. You then started copping pleas.

If you are not going to provide quotes to defend your claims then dont ask others to do so. I never claimed you said Pace said this stuff. I was pointing out your double standard. Anytime someone provides a reasonable argument that isn't fawning of Pace, you ask for all sorts of evidence. Yet you defend him and then when asked to provide evidence of your defense you complain and start insulting people.

I guess I am lost as to why I alwayd have to provide evidence when I say stuff about Pace but then when you are asked to do the same you get pissy about it. So again do you have any evidence to support your ramblings about Pace signing multiple needed backups with that money or did you just make it up?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I dont want to lose sight of this in all the whining because this is key. The issue here is one I have had a problem with Pace and Nagy the whole time. It is the hubris and arrogance involved in thinking they can fix a problem by taking someone else's trash and turning them into something.

It is smartest guy in the room syndrome. Instead of doing the standard thing and getting a known proven player, they think they are smarter than everyone else and will find a dimond in what thus far has been lumps of coal. Mind you they havent even won a playoff game but yet they think they know something Carroll does not. Just like the great Mike David than Pace defenders hyped as being underutilized by Carroll. How did that work out?

It is just odd to me that all the homers like DaBears pretend like there is something wrong with others because they are concerned that the only additions here are other teams's castoffs and late round picks that may struggle to make the team.

None of these guys defending Pace would ever have agreed with this approach before Pace did it. Many of them were banging the table for OL and went so far as insulting people who didnt have OL as a 2nd round priority. But now all of a sudden, it is perfectly fine that a bottom of the league OL is planning to be solved with NFL draft busts, draft picks most had as rookie free agents and Castillo's pixie dust.

Again entirely possible it works but it is entirely fair for people to think it is a disaster waiting to happen as I doubt there are few examples where a strategy like this actually works.

If it does I will happily admit it and eat my crow. But if it doesnt guys like DaBears will make up more excuses as you cant even get them to agree that if it fails Pace should be criticized and or fired. Nope you offer that up and they insult you.

So theirs is a rigged game. Any course of action Pace takes is immediately valid despite previous concerns. And if it fails then it was not Pace's fault because he had no choice. I have yet to see any of these guys provide any insight as to the consequences of this bold strategy if it fails.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

One more thing on this topic, you make it sound like i ever said i don't want the Bears to sign Warford which isn't true. I'd be very happy if we signed him knowing we have a legit starting RG for next year. I understand that depending on Ifedi and Bars to take that starting job and play well is taking a chance and will be hard for either to play as well as Warford can but i also understand that either of them could win that job and can play well enough for us to win games with one at RG. We don't know anything about A.Bars as a NFL player yet. He could end up becoming a better player than Warford for all we know and that could happen at RG or RT with Bars and maybe even Ifedi.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont want to lose sight of this in all the whining because this is key. The issue here is one I have had a problem with Pace and Nagy the whole time. It is the hubris and arrogance involved in thinking they can fix a problem by taking someone else's trash and turning them into something.

It is smartest guy in the room syndrome. Instead of doing the standard thing and getting a known proven player, they think they are smarter than everyone else and will find a dimond in what thus far has been lumps of coal. Mind you they havent even won a playoff game but yet they think they know something Carroll does not. Just like the great Mike David than Pace defenders hyped as being underutilized by Carroll. How did that work out?

It is just odd to me that all the homers like DaBears pretend like there is something wrong with others because they are concerned that the only additions here are other teams's castoffs and late round picks that may struggle to make the team.

None of these guys defending Pace would ever have agreed with this approach before Pace did it. Many of them were banging the table for OL and went so far as insulting people who didnt have OL as a 2nd round priority. But now all of a sudden, it is perfectly fine that a bottom of the league OL is planning to be solved with NFL draft busts, draft picks most had as rookie free agents and Castillo's pixie dust.

Again entirely possible it works but it is entirely fair for people to think it is a disaster waiting to happen as I doubt there are few examples where a strategy like this actually works.

If it does I will happily admit it and eat my crow. But if it doesnt guys like DaBears will make up more excuses as you cant even get them to agree that if it fails Pace should be criticized and or fired. Nope you offer that up and they insult you.

So theirs is a rigged game. Any course of action Pace takes is immediately valid despite previous concerns. And if it fails then it was not Pace's fault because he had no choice. I have yet to see any of these guys provide any insight as to the consequences of this bold strategy if it fails.
This is difficult to argue with. That said, it's a G and the entire line looked uncoordinated. I'm actually more concerned with the Ts and not just this year.

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
This is difficult to argue with. That said, it's a G and the entire line looked uncoordinated. I'm actually more concerned with the Ts and not just this year.
I agree the tackles situation is a mess, but Pace and Nagy believe in the interior line being strong so the QB can step up in the pocket. That is why I was hoping for the Warford signing, but maybe they know and see something we don't in Warford's play or technique.