SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="200151" data-time="1370917000">
<div>

I would say Boston has better D and rolls 4 very good lines unlike the Kings. The loss of Campbell will hurt them though. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Bruins defence actually starts and ends with that guy between the posts. Rask is the x factor this series in my opinion for the Bruins. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="200159" data-time="1370917248">
<div>

I'm in agreeance, did not like the moves made by the Pens at all. Still not sure how they went that cold, but they danced around the real issues and brought in too much.</p>

</p>

As my dad would say, "TOO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS"</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

They added two more Captains, to a team that was already missing theirs and would be implemented back into the line up before the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Iginla</p>

Morrow</p>

Jokinen</p>

Murray</p>

Crosby..</p>

</p>

and did nothing to D and or the questionable goal tending.  If anyone should be fired it should be Shero for being a dumb ass.  There is such a thing as locker room chemistry and all he did was fuck that...</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200160" data-time="1370917267">
<div>

Bruins defence actually starts and ends with that guy between the posts. Rask is the x factor this series in my opinion for the Bruins. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea so was quick.  And Howard to some extent.</p>

</p>

Quicks numbers were actually better than Rask's before the 4-1 ass kicking he received in GM #2.  They were better than ALL goalies.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200161" data-time="1370917365">
<div>

They added two more Captains, to a team that was already missing theirs and would be implemented back into the line up before the playoffs.</p>

</p>

Iginla</p>

Morrow</p>

Jokinen</p>

Murray</p>

Crosby..</p>

</p>

and did nothing to D and or the questionable goal tending.  If anyone should be fired it should be Shero for being a dumb ass.  There is such a thing as locker room chemistry and all he did was fuck that...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I just imagined Bylsma shaking his head with each trade.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting back to the series. As I noted earlier, Noodles has picked the Hawks in 7, in OT, with Kaner scoring the Cup winner,

...AGAIN!

I trust Noodles.

He's more of a two-way analyst, unlike some of the fancy-pants (and skirts) - mostly no-names - ESPN asked.

R K

Vegas has the hawks winning the Cup 3/2 and Crawford winning the Con Smythe.</p>

</p>

Pretty close odds and should be a very close series.  Then again I thought the Kings would be a much closer series as well.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
And honestly i think Quick did all he could do that series. He didn't make it easy on the Hawks. Without him the Hawks would have scored a lot more goals. Craw did his job too but lets be honest when the Hawks are allowing 2 shots in one period he is getting help..and there is totally nothing wrong with that...a goalie should be getting help from its defence thats called a well built defence. I don't care if its the Columbus Bluejackets or the 80's Oilers you are keeping down to 2 shots a period. That says something about the defence not the team you are playing against. </p>

</p>

Bruins are a better team than the Kings and better than the Wings and Wild. No doubts about it. Just would be nice for some fucking idiot Bruins fan or the eastern media for once admit that the Hawks are a better team than anything the Bruins have faced so far. Not sure why that is such a hard thing to admit because it's fact.</p>

</p>

But on the other hand doesn't really matter does it? Sometimes I hope that sort of nonsense non respect gets to the players because you know as well as I do that these guys play best when they have that much more to prove. Works in our favor.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200166" data-time="1370917598">
<div>

Vegas has the hawks winning the Cup 3/2 and Crawford winning the Con Smythe.</p>

</p>

Pretty close odds and should be a very close series.  Then again I thought the Kings would be a much closer series as well.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I don't see how it isn't a close series but I am hoping we take care of business quick. I was at a wedding in New Orleans and with a ton of Bruins fans and not a single fan was taking the Bruins in the series vs the Pens....they had many problems with their team. </p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200166" data-time="1370917598">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Wonder if home ice plays a factor in those odds, RK.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="200159" data-time="1370917248">

I'm in agreeance, did not like the moves made by the Pens at all. Still not sure how they went that cold, but they danced around the real issues and brought in too much.

As my dad would say, "TOO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS"</p></blockquote>
Whatever team chemistry they had, you can't replace 25% of your line-up, getting rid of important role players with a bunch of washed-up has-beens with egos beyond their current capabilities (no longer superstar-worthy or captain-worthy material) and expect to succeed.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I honestly have not watched much bruins hockey, but If they are as physical as everyone is say which I tend to agree, they must also take a lot of penalties. It would be really nice if the Hawks finally clicked on the power play.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="200169" data-time="1370917845">
<div>

Wonder if home ice plays a factor in those odds, RK.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Well considering the Hawks road record and the fact they've lost 1 home game in the playoffs, it could.  If the Bruins think they are going to sweep the Hawks as they just did the Pens, they have another thing coming. </p>

</p>

And I'm quite sure Juilen knows and has his team prepared for something they have yet faced in the playoffs, and or the regular season.   They never played the best team in the league this year, because it was in Chicago and the Conferences did not play each other.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="200171" data-time="1370918101">
<div>

I honestly have not watched much bruins hockey, but If they are as physical as everyone is say which I tend to agree, they must also take a lot of penalties. It would be really nice if the Hawks finally clicked on the power play.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

They are a little more physical than the Kings.  And the Hawks just as in 2010 were out hit in every series.  You don't beat the Hawks by hitting them.</p>

</p>

Ask the Kings the other night, they had over 60 hits.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I am kind of forseeing the Hawks as a MUCH MUCH better and experienced Maple Leaf team that the Bruins had so much trouble with. Got the endless speed on every line, relentless D, and overall team defense that is unmatched.</p>

</p>

I hope that we are clicking come time puck drop. </p>

R K

It's pretty easy just like all year and all of the playoffs so far.  The only team that beats the Hawks, is the Hawks themselves.</p>

</p>

That's it.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200177" data-time="1370918674">
<div>

It's pretty easy just like all year and all of the playoffs so far.  The only team that beats the Hawks, is the Hawks themselves.</p>

</p>

That's it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

yup. I just wish that power play clicked, it would help alot.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
As much as i have faith in this team, I just have this deep down feeling like somehow the NHL will find a way to award the cup to Boston, because of what happened in that city with the bombing. I know I know, Here we go again with my thought process, its just hard for me not to think that.</p>

bruinsfan37

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200140" data-time="1370916210">

I wouldn't.  Only the Eastern Writers would.  Most knowledgeable fans wouldn't.  When you add to a roster like that, a month before the playoffs start, without addressing your two most questionable positions, you get what happened to them.  They struggled against the Islanders, beat a depleted Sens team, and then got their ass kicked by a defense oriented, Western Conference style team.

Darryl Sutter said it perfectly today.  he compared the Kings to the Bruins, which he is dead on, and then went on to say the Blackhawks are a completely different type of animal.  You will see very soon what he meant.

Good luck.  You are going to need it.</p></blockquote>

Well golly gee, if daryl sutter says the bruins and kings are similar, it mus be so....then logically speaking the blackhawks should win this in 5. Not much point in watching the series.

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bruinsfan37" data-cid="200199" data-time="1370950539">
<div>

Well golly gee, if daryl sutter says the bruins and kings are similar, it mus be so....then logically speaking the blackhawks should win this in 5. Not much point in watching the series.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Nah a better version of the kings so like six games</p>