SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="200249" data-time="1370967808">
<div>

Lol.  Now I know you don't watch other teams.  Did you miss the memo where Toews was nominated for the Selke?</p>

</p>

</p>

Go drive your "cah" off a bridge.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Dude has absolutely no knowledge of the NHL other than the Bruins and the fact they swept the Penguins makes them GOD of the NHL.</p>

</p>

He has a rude awakening coming and I hope he's around "AFTER" it get's there.  I'm guessing the ONLY way he's around is if they win.  Cause really, that's what dumb fuck trolls do.</p>

</p>

Maybe tomorrow night when I see most of his teams players after the game I'll let them know what an awesomeness fan they have rooting for them....  Or maybe not....</p>

</p>

Oh and for the record I'd take Toews or Crosby over ANY Bruin on that team.  No question.  Why, because they are the two best players in the WORLD at what they do.  And I fucking HATE Crosby....</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200260" data-time="1370969671">
<div>

Dude has absolutely no knowledge of the NHL other than the Bruins and the fact they swept the Penguins makes them GOD of the NHL.</p>

</p>

He has a rude awakening coming and I hope he's around "AFTER" it get's there.  I'm guessing the ONLY way he's around is if they win.  Cause really, that's what dumb fuck trolls do.</p>

</p>

Maybe tomorrow night when I see most of his teams players after the game I'll let them know what an awesomeness fan they have rooting for them....  Or maybe not....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Kronwalled55, after one game was gone. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Hawks show shakeup at Cup practice</p>

</p>

What brought the Chicago Blackhawks to the Stanley Cup Final may not be exactly what starts them off in the series.</p>

An open practice at the United Center on Tuesday included several line and lineup reconstructions, most notably with Brandon Bollig skating among the top four line combinations while Viktor Stalberg suffered another apparent demotion.</p>

Bollig, a physical presence who hasn't played since Game 3 of the first-round series against the Wild, skated with a fourth line that included Marcus Kruger and Michael Frolik. It would infuse some rough-and-tumble play into the lineup against the black-and-blue Bruins, though Bollig would be a more complementary cog.</p>

Anyway, it may come at the expense of Stalberg, who has zero goals and three assists in 15 postseason games -- and who suffered through a benching previously at the start of the Red Wings series.</p>

Meanwhile, Hawks coach Joel Quenneville also juggled the personnel on his top lines, at least for public consumption. Jonathan Toews centered a top line with Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa, while Michal Handzus skated on a second line between Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell.</p>

Dave Bolland, meanwhile, returned to his standard No. 3 center spot, flanked by Brandon Saad and Andrew Shaw.</p>

All decisions are of course subject to change before Game 1 against the Bruins on Wednesday night, though Quenneville was set to address them during media day on Tuesday.</p>

</p>
</blockquote>

I think stalbergs speed is going to be needed more than Bolligs jaw.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I would like Kane Toews Bickell, Hoss Zues Sharp... But meh... I don't care just win.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GrimlockAutobot" data-cid="199999" data-time="1370886635">
<div>

I love this "We beat the Penguins so we can beat anyone" attitude that Bruins fans apparently have.

The ECF is an entirely different animal. They're failing to take into account intangibles against the Pens. I.E. The Pens best player is as mentally soft as a Tim Hortons jelly donut. Once they got into his head the series was over.

No suck luck versus the Hawks. They're tough on and off the ice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Hah! IKR?</p>

</p>

And I love that it extends to not just BOS fans but the majority of the media who are still in some sort of PTSD shelll shock about PIT so under-performing and choking on such a massive scale that they LITERALLY can't wrap their heads around it and since these same reporters had the Penguins going to the SCF and winning their new logic is that since BOS beat PIT then BOS must be better than PIT and therefore the "new" best team in hockey against which the Hawks have no chance. Blah blah blah. The majority of the media are picking BOS which is great because I'll have our boys assume the underdog role yet again seeing as most are trotting out the "BOS will wear them down with their physicality and Rask is vying for the Conn Smythe" prediction-validation bullshit which was EXACTLY what was said about LA entering the WCF and had the same people choosing LA. Lather, rinse, repeat. </p>

Mach29

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="200042" data-time="1370892388">
<div>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6IxtxfsNWg[/youtube]</p>

</p>

Boston Strong!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Looked like the coach was down picking up lunch for himself and Chara.......Dunkin Donuts Forever!!</p>

Mach29

Liked Posts:
This Bruins fan guy is pushing everybody's buttons....don't answer the door, he'll go away.</p>

</p>

This will be a tough series, the first game will tell the story.</p>

</p>

Hawks in 7.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mach29" data-cid="200268" data-time="1370971662">
<div>

This Bruins fan guy is pushing everybody's buttons....don't answer the door, he'll go away.</p>

</p>

</p>

Hawks in 7.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

No way, I'd much rather our guys troll him than each other. It's almost... refreshing...</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mach29" data-cid="200268" data-time="1370971662">
<div>

</p>

</p>

Hawks in 7.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Which Bruin Guy?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200264" data-time="1370970756">
<div>

I think stalbergs speed is going to be needed more than Bolligs jaw.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Q is not about to show his cards under the National Media Circus going on today.  The Media is just there to throw bullshit speculation out.  It's their job after all.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200269" data-time="1370972028">
<div>

No way, I'd much rather our guys troll him than each other. It's almost... refreshing...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I plus 1 that hahaha</p>

</p>

</p>

Ask Mach if Crawford is our goalie?  </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I don't mind if Bollig dresses for Stalberg.  Stalberg has 1g in 28 playoff gms..Bollig has 1g in 7gms.  So not missing much lamp lighting there</p>

</p>

Both are 5 on 5 players only</p>

</p>

Anyone that watches the Bruins will tell you they will try to get away with any cheap shit as possible</p>

</p>

Having Bollig in the lineup can negate some of that...as much as people may disagree.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="200270" data-time="1370972127">
<div>

Which Bruin Guy?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Im suprised not many more trolls do that, create an account and talk shit.  </p>

</p>

This difference with this Finals and the 2010, in 2010 I was a bit more confident us beating the Flyers, as their Goalie was the weak link and really they were not suppose to be there. This year not so much, I don't know what to expect.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We won't know what the lineup is till tomorrow like RK said, and I don't mind the switch too much because of what you said, but my big thing is that I hope this isn't an indication that we are going to try to play Boston on their terms. Stalberg has been failberg but against the Goons his speed might be just the thing to get some of his scoring going. We'll see, it's played on the ice not in the lineup card. Going to be fun either way.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IHNers ignore the troll---we need to focus our fan energy on just hoping that Oduya and Emery get out of BOS for Gms. 3-4 without any "incident". I don't need to bust out the screen shot of the Joel Ward-related tweets from last year to remind you of that Beantown nastiness do I?   :icon-twisted:  </p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="200273" data-time="1370972754">
<div>

I don't mind if Bollig dresses for Stalberg.  Stalberg has 1g in 28 playoff gms..Bollig has 1g in 7gms.  So not missing much lamp lighting there</p>

</p>

</p>

Anyone that watches the Bruins will tell you they will try to get away with any cheap shit as possible</p>

</p>

Having Bollig in the lineup can negate some of that...as much as people may disagree.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I don't know, as much as Stalberg has not done shit, he still has the speed that the defending team has to respect, he still creates Opportunities to score or at least have someone else get open. I would rather have that speed over someone who is just looking to bash another player in the wall and possibly put us short handed.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And I'd want someone out there when Marchand slew foots Hjarllmarsson</p>

</p>

Or Lucic two hands Sharp</p>

</p>

Or McQuaid or Boychuck throw punches to the face after whistles</p>

</p>

I don't really remember an instance in the last 2 series of Stalberg using his speed...and BOS team system/defence will probably take it away this series as well</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="200273" data-time="1370972754">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea speed or not he's done nothing to produce anything.  I can't remember if he played in the LA series or not, did he?</p>

</p>

I was going to say the same thing.</p>

WiHawksFan

Liked Posts:
Q is hinting in his press conference that Stalberg will sit.</p>

</p>

Looks like Bollig is in....for Game 1 at least.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200275" data-time="1370972955">
<div>

We won't know what the lineup is till tomorrow like RK said, and I don't mind the switch too much because of what you said, but my big thing is that I hope this isn't an indication that we are going to try to play Boston on their terms. Stalberg has been failberg but against the Goons his speed might be just the thing to get some of his scoring going. We'll see, it's played on the ice not in the lineup card. Going to be fun either way.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Right, I hope not either, because the Hawks don't win by responding to stupid bullshit. Don't play the distraction game. They win with their speed, their possession. Bollig isn't going to help with that. Even if Stalberg hasn't produced, he still has the skills that makes this team win. Bollig on the other hand is in such stark contrast to the rest of the team and how the team plays.  If guys like Marchand don't stop being  dicks in the Eastern Conference, what makes anyone believe Bollig is going to suddenly make him or anyone  else on that team behave differently? A guy who plays maybe 6 or 7 minutes a game isn't going to stop Boston from stirring up shit. Not when they have the biggest guy in the NHL. It's just not going to happen, so why even bother dressing him.</p>