SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

Variable

Liked Posts:
Why would you worry about something you can never beat the Bruins in? Why would you do that as far as to make roster changes that go in contrary to how this team has played the entire season? Sitting players that can play to your strengths in favor of guys like Bollig. That's what I don't understand. It was dumb against Minnesota, it's dumb now. Interchangeable is Mayers-Carcillo-Bollig. </p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="200305" data-time="1370978241">
<div>

likewise.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Hell if it is Bollig, I would rather see Jamal Mayers, at least he has playoff exprience, and plays the puck better then Bollig. </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200306" data-time="1370978338">
<div>

Why would you worry about something you can never beat the Bruins in? Why would you do that as far as to make roster changes that go in contrary to how this team has played the entire season? Sitting players that can play to your strengths in favor of guys like Bollig. That's what I don't understand. It was dumb against Minnesota, it's dumb now.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

baby-crying-o.gif
</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
 Look, the way I see it, I would hope that the NHL see's its got a great series, hell prob the best since the late 70's, to have Bruins goon it up and not call crap just to have it turn out to be a wrestling match. But I also can see games with 2-3 men in a box on each side.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
With as little as he's playing you aren't taking anything away from this team by not playing Stalberg.I think the Bruins are much more goon based than the Kings which is probably why Bolig is in there. Kings were physical, but none of them had any fighting majors if I'm reading this correctly. Boston has 4 players and 5 fights.</p>

</p>

As a matter of fact, as I look at this, I almost can't believe it's right, there was only 2 majors in the whole western conference playoffs Anaheim and Detroit. I assume a fight between the two? 31 were in the eastern conference playoffs with Boston leading the charge with 8. I would said if you are only going to play someone 7:30, you're going to need Bollig more this series than Stalberg.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="200295" data-time="1370976877">
<div>

Wait.... Bollig is in for Stalberg?</p>

</p>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH... really?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Benched for a goon in the S.C. Finals for lack of production, in a contract year too.

I bet his agent must be thrilled.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200311" data-time="1370978668">
<div>

With as little as he's playing you aren't taking anything away from this team by not playing Stalberg.I think the Bruins are much more goon based than the Kings which is probably why Bolig is in there. Kings were physical, but none of them had any fighting majors if I'm reading this correctly. Boston has 4 players and 5 fights.</p>

</p>

As a matter of fact, as I look at this, I almost can't believe it's right, there was only 2 majors in the whole western conference playoffs Anaheim and Detroit. I assume a fight between the two? 31 were in the eastern conference playoffs with Boston leading the charge with 8. I would said if you are only going to play someone 7:30, you're going to need Bollig more this series than Stalberg.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That's not how the Hawks play. Even if Stalberg isn't playing that much more, you still have the threat of his speed, it's still something the Bruins have to worry about. You think they're worried about Bollig? Why would you have them play like a team that they aren't? I do not understand this lol. It's like bizarro world when it comes to this. Playing a team like Boston, it makes it even more important to play to your strengths rather than to try and match what they bring in that aspect that you can never hope to.</p>

xatruio

Liked Posts:
even without Stalberg we still have speed, and with Bollig playing basically the same amount of minutes, it is good to have him there. YOu don't think Marchand is gonna be thinking about him? Or McQ? Or Boychuk? I think they well and would be dumb not to consider the crazy fuck who trains with MMA dudes in off season when they get all tough and macho against us? You'll probably answer no to all these questions because youre a fool. Just because the game is changing doesnt mean there is absolutely zero need for a fighter presence.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xatruio" data-cid="200314" data-time="1370980269">
<div>

even without Stalberg we still have speed, and with Bollig playing basically the same amount of minutes, it is good to have him there. YOu don't think Marchand is gonna be thinking about him? Or McQ? Or Boychuk? I think they well and would be dumb not to consider the crazy fuck who trains with MMA dudes in off season when they get all tough and macho against us? You'll probably answer no to all these questions because youre a fool. Just because the game is changing doesnt mean there is absolutely zero need for a fighter presence.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Marchand doesn't care about anyone... he's going to play like a prick no matter who is out there.</p>

</p>

He sure wasn't afraid of Engelland, Cooke, Vitale etc...</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Not when he may only ever be out there for one  or two shifts with any single one of them. Those guys play the entire game.  How is this hard to understand? He's not going to change how they play. If the Eastern Conference doesn't change them, Brandon Bollig and his 6 minutes of ice time will  not change them. I don't think if he does play he'll be a major factor good or bad. It's not like I'm saying they are going to lose the series because of  a move like this. I just want them to dress the best possible team they can. They finally found the right 4th line of Frolik, Bolland and Kruger. Skill over machismo And they played well. Keep that.</p>

</p>

Hopefully this is all moot and Q is just playing mind games or something.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200317" data-time="1370980709">
<div>

Not when he may only ever be out there for one  or two shifts with any single one of them. Those guys play the entire game.  How is this hard to understand? He's not going to change how they play. If the Eastern Conference doesn't change them, Brandon Bollig and his 6 minutes of ice time will  not change them. I don't think if he does play he'll be a major factor good or bad. It's not like I'm saying they are going to lose the series because of  a move like this. I just want them to dress the best possible team they can. They finally found the right 4th line of Frolik, Bolland and Kruger. Skill over machismo And they played well. Keep that.</p>

</p>

Hopefully this is all moot and Q is just playing mind games or something.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I agree. Iike I said just because Stalberg is not scoring, doesn't mean his speed is not needed, he atleast at times opens up holes for others ala Bicks overtime goal against the Wild.</p>

GrimlockAutobot

Liked Posts:
Holding Down The Fort in the Baltimore /Philly Are
Not sure how I feel about sitting Stalberg again in favor of Bollig.

Benching Viktor didn't work too well in the first couple against Detroit.

Ah well.... I have faith in the 'stache. In Q I trust!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I've given you all the facts that prove you're wrong and all you've said is a big Nuh uhh... They don't need stalberg speed. He's getting Boligs minutes and then you say Bolig is ineffective because he's not going to be out there. Means Stalberg is ineffective too. Boston is going to try to out physical them and there is no reason to not throw Bolig in there to see what he does in game one when stalberg has been completely ineffective. Better to do it in game one when you are figuring out the other team, one  you haven't played all year, than when it's too late in game 3 and you have injured players from being run at all series. He played against the wild as well who didn't have the skill to hang with the hawks and you knew they were going to revert to gooning it up... same thing here.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Bollig will surprise us and give us a GWG a la Eager from game 2 in 2010.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="200324" data-time="1370983465">

Maybe Bollig will surprise us and give us a GWG a la Eager from game 2 in 2010.</p></blockquote>

Eager was almost a decent hockey player for a fourth liner.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
I'll take either Stalberg or Bollig. I understand why if Bollig dresses, but i dont mind either, really.

oh, and just because they arent linedup face to face doesnt mean messages cant be sent or they know he's in the game.

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200323" data-time="1370983212">
<div>

I've given you all the facts that prove you're wrong and all you've said is a big Nuh uhh... They don't need stalberg speed. He's getting Boligs minutes and then you say Bolig is ineffective because he's not going to be out there. Means Stalberg is ineffective too. Boston is going to try to out physical them and there is no reason to not throw Bolig in there to see what he does in game one when stalberg has been completely ineffective. Better to do it in game one when you are figuring out the other team, one  you haven't played all year, than when it's too late in game 3 and you have injured players from being run at all series. He played against the wild as well who didn't have the skill to hang with the hawks and you knew they were going to revert to gooning it up... same thing here.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You can never have enough speed. That's what this team is built on. What you are asking of Bollig, cannot be done. He is one guy. What you ask of Stalberg, CAN be done and it's what the Hawks do best. It is one of their team strengths. So play to it. Bollig isn't  going to play near the kind of minutes needed for what people want him to be able to do (nor should he). The Hawks can't match Boston in that aspect. So you stick to what you do best, that's why it's more important than ever you don't lose focus in that.  It's almost not even a Stalberg vs. Bollig thing.  It's the way you want to the play the game.  Keep that fourth line what it is. It's worked. </p>

</p>

And Eager was twice the player Bollig is. Easily. No comparison there.</p>

GrimlockAutobot

Liked Posts:
Holding Down The Fort in the Baltimore /Philly Are
After thinking about this a little more, I like the Bollig move. This is going to be an old fashioned, grind it out, original 6 classic series.

We'll still play our speed game but why not send out the old school message that if they **** with one of our guys, they're going to get their faces beat the **** in at the same time? 

Perfectly ok with it. Plus we could possibly use this to bait them into a stupid penalty.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200327" data-time="1370984312">
<div>

You can never have enough speed. That's what this team is built on. What you are asking of Bollig, cannot be done. He is one guy. What you ask of Stalberg, CAN be done and it's what the Hawks do best. It is one of their team strengths. So play to it. Bollig isn't  going to play near the kind of minutes needed for what people want him to be able to do (nor should he). The Hawks can't match Boston in that aspect. So you stick to what you do best, that's why it's more important than ever you don't lose focus in that.  It's almost not even a Stalberg vs. Bollig thing.  It's the way you want to the play the game.  Keep that fourth line what it is. It's worked. </p>

</p>

And Eager was twice the player Bollig is. Easily. No comparison there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You can never have enough speed? Bollig cant' do what you are asking... blah blah blah.. how about something other than hyperbole? Bickell has been very succesfull this post season playing off his physicality, maybe Bollig is able to spark something for that line. Stalbergs speed does nothing at 14 30 second shifts. If Bollig deters even one fight he's already done more for the team than Stalberg does... you know those fights you hate... those fights that the stars have no business being in... the fights that Boston has already had 8 of in the playoffs and lead the league.</p>

</p>

And tell me again what has been working about the 4th line lately?</p>