SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Marchant is going to be spending too much time in his speedo to slewfoot anyone. hah.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
The point is the Bruins have guys that play all fucking game long like assholes.  Guys like Marchand, McQuaid, Boychuk, Lucic, etc they're out there 20 something minutes a game. Regular shifts.  And you believe Brandon Bollig is going to make a difference in how they play throughout the game? He's going to make them think differently?  You aren't going to stop them from doing that stupid crap. So you ice the most talented team you can, you rely on your skill. Even if Stalberg hasn't produced, he still brings that potential threat that the Bruins have to be aware of.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Sigh</p>

</p>

He's not going to change that</p>

</p>

But when those guys get out of line after whistles - its better to have Bollig there, than Sharp</p>

</p>

Weren't you crying that you don't want Sharp off the ice when he and Williams got into it?</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
That still applies. Again, the amount of time Bollig is going to be actually out on the ice, it's negligible. He's not going to be out there for every single scuffle after a stoppage in play or  a save. The Bruins have guys that do that shit regularly, that play the whole game. There's no way he's going to be out there for even half of those instances. Just play disciplined, rely on your talent, like they have all year, and not get distracted by it.  It's like people want them to be this team that they aren't when they face teams like the Bruins. Don't start making roster changes worrying about stuff like that. You just took down the Kings having  iced the most talented team you could have, and now change that?</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="200274" data-time="1370972930">
<div>

Im suprised not many more trolls do that, create an account and talk shit.  </p>

</p>

This difference with this Finals and the 2010, in 2010 I was a bit more confident us beating the Flyers, as their Goalie was the weak link and really they were not suppose to be there. This year not so much, I don't know what to expect.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I'd rather have Rask in net than Tim Thomas.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bolig in three games has averaged 7:03 minutes, Stalberg in 15 has averaged 10:53. </p>

</p>

Pretty negligible for both of them.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200292" data-time="1370976649">
<div>

Bolig in three games has averaged 7:03 minutes, Stalberg in 15 has averaged 10:53. </p>

</p>

Pretty negligible for both of them.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Stalberg brings the type of qualities that make the Hawks what they are, even if he hasn't been producing. I'd rather have that, and have the Bruins have to worry about that even a little, than Bollig out there worrying about after the whistle shit. Because you aren't going to win that battle.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
So those 3 extra minutes will probably be more of Kane/Hossa/Sharp on the ice</p>

</p>

Variable is going to be crying All. Series. Long....with how physical/tough/nasty these games are going to be played</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait.... Bollig is in for Stalberg?</p>

</p>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH... really?</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="200276" data-time="1370972955">
<div>

IHNers ignore the troll---we need to focus our fan energy on just hoping that Oduya and Emery get out of BOS for Gms. 3-4 without any "incident". I don't need to bust out the screen shot of the Joel Ward-related tweets from last year to remind you of that Beantown nastiness do I?   :icon-twisted:  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

...What happens in Southie <strike>stays in...</strike> infects Bawstun!...</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stalberg hasn't been the same since his nasty facial laceration.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Call me crazy, but I think Shaw will be just what the dr. ordered when it comes to the "smaller" Bruins taking liberties.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He only averaged 10:33 against the Kings. Game one he was at 15 minutes. Sucked, and they didn't need his speed I guess because he didn't play more than 9:01 the next three games and then got 11:31 in game 5. Which I assume is only because of the double OT. So it's not really 11 minutes of Stalberg or 7 minutes of Bollig. It's 8:45 of Stalberg or 7 minutes of Bollig. And if that's going to be the case, Then I'm going to go with Bolig I guess.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Why would you go with Bollig? They did fine without Bollig playing one minute against LA. The Hawks don't win worrying about after the whistle scrums. You outskate them, you take the puck away from them, you make them chase you. Bollig doesn't bring any of that. You take away from the Hawks' strengths by playing him and sitting Stalberg. Even if he hasn't been showing up on the scoreboard. It's what the team is built on. Bollig isn't going to transform into that. And you certainly aren't going to match the Bruins in that category of stirring up shit by dressing him. So why do it?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200301" data-time="1370977476">
<div>

Why would you go with Bollig? They did fine without Bollig playing one minute against LA. The Hawks don't win worrying about after the whistle scrums. You outskate them, you take the puck away from them, you make them chase you. Bollig doesn't bring any of that. You take away from the Hawks' strengths by playing him and sitting Stalberg. Even if he hasn't been showing up on the scoreboard. It's what the team is built on. Bollig isn't going to transform into that.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Here's all anyone needs to know... Bollig sucks.</p>

Win with speed... not a slug who can't play.</p>

</p>

I mean if you're going to make a move... at least Carcillo can skate/shoot and is just as much of a liability as Bollig.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He averaged 9:26 against Detroit. Which if you take the double OT game out, is almost exactly what he averaged against the kings. If you give him the 10:18 that he got in the wings OT game you're looking at 9:38 for the kings.... Really... any player playing less than 10 minutes a game is interchangeable at this point. You might as well put in Mayers too. Carcillo and Bollig are the only other players under 10 minutes a game.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'd like to see Ben Smith.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="200304" data-time="1370978169">
<div>

Honestly, I'd like to see Ben Smith.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

likewise.</p>