SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="GrimlockAutobot" data-cid="200328" data-time="1370985371">
<div>

After thinking about this a little more, I like the Bollig move. This is going to be an old fashioned, grind it out, original 6 classic series.

We'll still play our speed game but why not send out the old school message that if they **** with one of our guys, they're going to get their faces beat the **** in at the same time? 

Perfectly ok with it. Plus we could possibly use this to bait them into a stupid penalty.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

As I thought about it more and looked at all the stats this is the conclusion I came to.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200327" data-time="1370984312">
<div>

</p>

</p>

And Eager was twice the player Bollig is. Easily. No comparison there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Riggghhhhhhhhht.

Ben's about 1.1875 x better.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="200331" data-time="1370985754">
<div>

Riggghhhhhhhhht.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Haha, that's a stretch too huh? Holy fuck.  I don't know how good Eager is these days, but those last two years on the Hawks you're telling me he wasn't a much better player than Bollig is today? A should-be AHL scrub? Really?  </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200329" data-time="1370985392">
<div>

You can never have enough speed? Bollig cant' do what you are asking... blah blah blah.. how about something other than hyperbole? Bickell has been very succesfull this post season playing off his physicality, maybe Bollig is able to spark something for that line. Stalbergs speed does nothing at 14 30 second shifts. If Bollig deters even one fight he's already done more for the team than Stalberg does... you know those fights you hate... those fights that the stars have no business being in... the fights that Boston has already had 8 of in the playoffs and lead the league.</p>

</p>

And tell me again what has been working about the 4th line lately?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That speaks more to the other team getting sucked by the Bruins into doing stupid bullshit like that. If the Hawks play like they have the entire year,  as the most disciplined team in the league, it shouldn't be a problem. You don't need a player like Bollig to be able to do that.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Bet Bollig scores a goal before Saad does.</p>

</p>

Little bit of an odd move but also makes sense. Bollig def brings the physical game and people can say "its not the Hawks game" until the cows come home but that doesn't mean you still don't need a little of it. Fresh legs also from a physical 4th line player isn't going to hurt the club in any stretch of the imagination right now. </p>

</p>

As for Stalberg..hes been horrible since round one of these playoffs. He just has been. His speed has been rendered fairly useless a lot of times because he can't skate through a clogged up neutral zone which is what you see in every playoff series. He also forces his teammates offside a lot because of that. Guys just not built for playoff hockey. </p>

</p>

Q knows what he is doing. And its not a big deal anyways. If Bollig looks bad the first game then we probably see Stalberg again if not someone else. Wooop a deeee dooooo. Neither of these guys are going to really impact the final either way to a degree where its that much of a topic of interest.  And who knows maybe there is something up with Stalberg that only the club knows.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
And in the hockey world, that would mean he's better player for the team. Somehow.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200334" data-time="1370986261">
<div>

Bet Bollig scores a goal before Saad does.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Probably not.

Bollig will probably score on Crawford.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
are they seriously bringing bollig up?  We dont need to try to beat boston by their own game anyway no one is scared of bollig.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200333" data-time="1370986234">
<div>

That speaks more to the other team getting sucked by the Bruins into doing stupid bullshit like that. If the Hawks play like they have the entire year,  as the most disciplined team in the league, it shouldn't be a problem. You don't need a player like Bollig to be able to do that.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Do you ever post anything that you can actually back up with statisics or examples or does it all just come from that warm fuzzy feeling in your lady parts.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="200338" data-time="1370986623">
<div>

are they seriously bringing bollig up?  We dont need to try to beat boston by their own game anyway no one is scared of bollig.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

It's not about being scared of him, it's about would you rather Bolig be punched in the face or Seabrook?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200336" data-time="1370986517">
<div>

And in the hockey world, that would mean he's better player for the team. Somehow.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

A sarcasm detector is a great thing to have at your hip.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200340" data-time="1370986767">
<div>

Do you ever post anything that you can actually back up with statisics or examples or does it all just come from that warm fuzzy feeling in your lady parts.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Okay you got me, I was wrong, second most disciplined team. You know, the stat that tells you how many penalties a team took during a season. They came in second. Also came in dead last in the hits stat. So, again, and we shouldn't need those stats to tell us this if we've been watching them, just play your game. They don't mix it up after the whistle, they don't take or get goaded into stupid penalties, they don't fight, they rarely out hit their opponents. Do what you've done the entire season. To want them to be  like this other type of team, doesn't make sense. It's not what has gotten them this far. </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200341" data-time="1370986801">
<div>

It's not about being scared of him, it's about would you rather Bolig be punched in the face or Seabrook?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Because every time Seabrook or any other player on the Hawks is going to be goaded by some dipshit on the Bruins, Bollig will be out there. Right.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200342" data-time="1370986816">
<div>

A sarcasm detector is a great thing to have at your hip.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I didn't mean it that way to you, it's partly sarcasm as well. I just know that there would be fans who would believe that.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
You guys also know Bollig plays a pretty sound defensive game right? Not like he is a scrub with his low minutes at that end of the game. Everyone always focuses on offensive talents with the 4th liners.  Who cares if Bollig isn't going to press Boston in the offensive zone. Hes more than reliable in his own zone and its never a bad option to have that. Stalberg hasn't exactly been steller at that end of the game these playoffs either. </p>

</p>

Don't think the Hawks are going to miss Stalbergs 3 assists either (he hasnt even been shooting the puck at all). 3 rounds over and if you haven't noticed how bad Stalberg has been then I don't know what to say. Outside of 2 or 3 plays durring the playoffs his speed hasn't generated as much as everything thought it would. Including me who was expecting much more than a 3 assist performance this deep into the playoffs. Mine as well give the minutes to someone who at least will block shots and play positional defence. And like PMX said look for the stars minutes to go up up up. This is the final!!! </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Can't really get too much more defensively sound than Frolik Bolland and Kruger all on the same line. If anything, defense is all you're going to get from those guys. And I'd still take Stalberg's speed on the third line, whether he is effective or not this series. It's still a better option, it's still something the Bruins have to keep an eye on. Bollig is just...a guy. Boston has players like him plus players like him that can actually play at a decent level. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
His speed has done jack shit through 3 rounds Variable. At what point do you just stop saying its going to be a factor and admit that it isn't working? That's a tough spot for a coach to be in but Q faced it and made the change as coaches sometimes have to do. Gotta take a gamble here or there or you really are a useless NHL coach. He has been bad at both ends of the ice these playoffs. Just flat out bad. Everything that Stalberg has expected to do he has not done including opening ice for his line mates. That's usually a sign that its time to make a change esp 3 rounds into the playoffs. Change has been made. </p>

</p>

There is never ever ever ever anything wrong with putting another guy on the ice on the low lines to focus on defensive, a little more hitting and positioning and shot blocking. EVER!!! Hawks still have alarming fire power and strong skaters without Stalberg. Not like the lines crumble without Stalberg and the Hawks entire system changes. </p>

</p>

Being blown way out of porportion like many things on these boards sometimes. </p>

</p>

And besides how do you, I or anyone else know that there might be other factors in this decision? I doubt there is but you never know.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
ITT we have now forgotten that Bollig played over half the season, and two playoff games already...</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="200341" data-time="1370986801">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

I get what you are saying but it rarely works out that way.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="200352" data-time="1370989405">
<div>

I get what you are saying but it rarely works out that way.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

rather bring someone like smith up is we are going to sit stalberg.  Smith had a great series against the canucks in 2011.</p>