SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="200338" data-time="1370986623">
<div>

are they seriously bringing bollig up?  We dont need to try to beat boston by their own game anyway no one is scared of bollig.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Bollig has been up the entire time TSD ... </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="200353" data-time="1370989533">
<div>

rather bring someone like smith up is we are going to sit stalberg.  Smith had a great series against the canucks in 2011.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

smith is up as well.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200348" data-time="1370988547">
<div>

His speed has done jack shit through 3 rounds Variable. At what point do you just stop saying its going to be a factor and admit that it isn't working? That's a tough spot for a coach to be in but Q faced it and made the change as coaches sometimes have to do. Gotta take a gamble here or there or you really are a useless NHL coach. He has been bad at both ends of the ice these playoffs. Just flat out bad. Everything that Stalberg has expected to do he has not done including opening ice for his line mates. That's usually a sign that its time to make a change esp 3 rounds into the playoffs. Change has been made. </p>

</p>

There is never ever ever ever anything wrong with putting another guy on the ice on the low lines to focus on defensive, a little more hitting and positioning and shot blocking. EVER!!! Hawks still have alarming fire power and strong skaters without Stalberg. Not like the lines crumble without Stalberg and the Hawks entire system changes. </p>

</p>

Being blown way out of porportion like many things on these boards sometimes. </p>

</p>

And besides how do you, I or anyone else know that there might be other factors in this decision? I doubt there is but you never know.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You have an entire 4th line full of those guys TCD, all better than Bollig in every aspect of it besides the hitting (when it comes to Frolik/Kruger). I'm not saying it's a huge factor or  series decider or anything. it's just not the best team they can ice, and that's all I'd like to see. That you win or you lose with your best possible team. No matter if he plays well or not in this series, the Bruins have to be on the lookout for Stalberg because of what he can potentially do. Bollig doesn't pose nearly the same threat in anything he does that would concern the Bruins. That's all I am saying.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I PRAY the game plan for tomorrow is NOT to go in and repeat the same foolhardy strategy that PIT took in their Gm. 1 which was to get away from their game and concentrate too much on what BOS "might" do to them and thus trying to preventively play BOS's game. That just set a horrible tenor for PIT for the rest of that series. Hawks need handle their own business, stay focused and disciplined, and just play their own game which has served them VERY well ALL season and gotten them to the heights of achievement that have put them in the SCF in the first damn place. </p>

</p>

And I'd like to remind everyone that while yes of course Chara is a physically imposing freak of nature for this sport the Bruins ARE NOT some hulking horde of impassable giants. The one B who stands above everyone else in terms of hits is of course Lucic who's a monster---as it stands right now The Biscuit and Bickell each have more hits than Chara, Shaw has just as many as Boychuk. I wish both Hawks fans as well as opposition fans would stop mythologizing BOS's physicality the same way they did LAK. Of the Top 50 players right now in Playoffs hits, the Bs have 7 and the Hawks have 6 so I'd hardly say they are playing significantly more "tough" than the Hawks.</p>

</p>

Average Height:</p>

</p>

BOS = 6-1 </p>

CHI = 6-1 1/2</p>

</p>

</p>

Average Weight:</p>

</p>

BOS = 200.4 </p>

CHI = 202.4</p>

</p>

</p>

Could BOS turn it up a notch and destroy the Hawks? Sure, any scenario is a possibility at this juncture until they play the games. It's also just as likely both teams keep doing what they have done on average in the Playoffs until you simply arrive at attrition and then it's about mistakes and chances and who wants it more. Who knows. But it's not set in Commandment-like stone that the Hawks are just gonna get crushed before the first puck has even dropped.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="200355" data-time="1370989949">
<div>

smith is up as well.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

you know what i mean, put them in the lineup.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="200357" data-time="1370992683">
<div>

Man, I PRAY the game plan for tomorrow is NOT to go in and repeat the same foolhardy strategy that PIT took in their Gm. 1 which was to get away from their game and concentrate too much on what BOS "might" do to them and thus trying to preventively play BOS's game. That just set a horrible tenor for PIT for the rest of that series. Hawks need handle their own business, stay focused and disciplined, and just play their own game which has served them VERY well ALL season and gotten them to the heights of achievement that have put them in the SCF in the first damn place. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yes. This. Thank you.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200356" data-time="1370990672">
<div>

You have an entire 4th line full of those guys TCD, all better than Bollig in every aspect of it besides the hitting (when it comes to Frolik/Kruger). I'm not saying it's a huge factor or  series decider or anything. it's just not the best team they can ice, and that's all I'd like to see. That you win or you lose with your best possible team. No matter if he plays well or not in this series, the Bruins have to be on the lookout for Stalberg because of what he can potentially do. Bollig doesn't pose nearly the same threat in anything he does that would concern the Bruins. That's all I am saying.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Because Stalberg through 3 rounds has made the Hawks "the best possible team"?</p>

</p>

right.</p>

</p>

keep telling yourself that one.</p>

</p>

skipping fucking record anyways. all season long people like you have been downplaying Bollig. Yet when he has been playing he hasn't cost the Hawks a single game nor any true goals against. Stalberg has shown zero production these playoffs and his biggest asset, his speed, has generated zero threat. But lets keep things the way things are and not even attempt anything new. That's always a productive solution. jesus fucking christ.</p>

</p>

coach gets bitched at when he doesn't make adjustments and gets bitched at when he does. never fucking ends.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
What is the controversy here? Seriously, it's simply a matter of dressing the players most likely able to play the kind of game the Hawks play and thrive in. If you want to argue Bollig can be more of that kind of player than Stalberg can be, have fun with that.  </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
yah that guy you want dressed hasn't been that guy. the proof has shown through 3 rounds. end of story. you lose. sorry. proof is proof. Bollig has yet to been giving a chance yet he already fails? thats a fair way to assess things. </p>

</p>

I for one am going to cheer the guy on. That's usually what fans do. If you want to see him fail so you feel better about yourself then feel free to do that. Horrible fucking personality trait in my opinion.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Did the Blackhawks win the presidents trophy with Stalberg in the lineup? - yes</p>

</p>

Did the Blackhawks win the presidents trophy with Bollig in the lineup? - Also Yes</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="200365" data-time="1370995216">
<div>

Did the Blackhawks win the presidents trophy with Stalberg in the lineup? - yes</p>

</p>

Did the Blackhawks win the presidents trophy with Bollig in the lineup? - Also Yes</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Are the regular season and playoffs different beasts?  Yes.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
oh by the way here is logical reason number 5 why Bollig isn't a bad option. And its based on what we who watch the games have seen with the Bruins these playoffs. I know..i know..there is no room for actual watching the other teams looking for weaknesses and trying to exploit them. This is probably the key reason Bollig is in.....</p>

</p>

The Bruins have been turning over the puck a lot and I mean A LOT when they have been getting hit. Notice how the Pens actually remained in the last two games of their series when they started hitting? Rask won those games for the Pens and the Bruins didn't cruise through them. The big bad Bruins are actually weak when they get hit and it causes quit a few turn overs...god forbid the Hawks would want that to happen. Turn overs never work in the Hawks favour. </p>

</p>

</p>

Holy sheep shit batman..maybe the scouts and coaching staff actually do their jobs and watch the tapes of the opponents? Go figure? </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200364" data-time="1370994481">
<div>

yah that guy you want dressed hasn't been that guy. the proof has shown through 3 rounds. end of story. you lose. sorry. proof is proof. Bollig has yet to been giving a chance yet he already fails? thats a fair way to assess things. </p>

</p>

I for one am going to cheer the guy on. That's usually what fans do. If you want to see him fail so you feel better about yourself then feel free to do that. Horrible fucking personality trait in my opinion.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

See that's bullshit. Where did I say I would root for him to fail? I just don't think he fits the needs of the Hawks and the way they play. They just  beat a similar team without him at all. Such a horseshit argument, holy fuck lol. Just because we have differing opinions on something I must "hate" the game or hate this guy or that guy or whatever. I must hate to see him help the team. I would love it if Bollig just broke out and became this entirely different player. Seeing as he's of a career AHLer caliber type of player, I doubt it's going to happen and would like to see someone else who has more to offer and more to threaten a team like the Bruins play instead. Must mean I openly root against that player, and in effect, root against the Hawks so as to "prove me right".  Get fucking real.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Either player is going to play 7-10 min

Both at this point are 12th forwards

One had speed..one more physical

The speed hasn't done shit in 25+ playoff games

Try a little more physicality

I've never seen someone whine so much about who the 12th forward is going to be

Bolland, Frolik, and Kruger would've been physically outmatched in this series

Please tell me...Stalberg, Saad and Shaw have been together for about 10gms - how's that worked out?

Saad can play the PK. Shaw the PP. Stalberg?

Move the fuck on...

I don't know his more embarassing. That Boston fan or this clown. Variable is going to hate this series no matter what, because there's a wry good chance it's going to be nasty. Can't wait to hear all the bitching and moaning...that's already started over a 12th forward.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="200366" data-time="1370995572">
<div>

Are the regular season and playoffs different beasts?  Yes.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

he's also played in 3 playoff games this year, two of which were wins. </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean... if it comes down to Bollig (sucks - also sucks at fighting which RARELY happens in the FInals) or Stalberg... and you can convince yourself Bollig is a better option then........ well then.... i just dont know.</p>