SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
everyones anxieties are too high including mine esp. been too many days btw series. we got to start this fucker now because this non issue of bollig vs stalberg is just that. a non issue. hawks are lucky that the talent runs so deep that 4th line decisions are the biggest talk of the day.

lets get the series going!!! this is crazy.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200414" data-time="1371010540">

everyones anxieties are too high including mine esp. been too many days btw series. we got to start this fucker now because this non issue of bollig vs stalberg is just that. a non issue. hawks are lucky that the talent runs so deep that 4th line decisions are the biggest talk of the day.

lets get the series going!!! this is crazy.</p></blockquote>

I'm not anxious at all.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200414" data-time="1371010540">
<div>

lets get the series going!!! this is crazy.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That says it right there. DROP THE PUCK!!!</p>

And I do have anxiety, always do.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
mine are through the roof..hockey related and otherwise. i need this series to start now. 2010 was a different type of fandom. i dont think the expectations were there as much as this cup run. honestly this has been fun but 2010 was funner in a different way. been thinking about that a lot. our fan base has become a bit more fickle and highliting the negatives too much. myself hugely included in that. 2010 was more of a focus on the positives. maybe having sopels glazzed over eyes and resin was a calming.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200419" data-time="1371011350">
<div>

mine are through the roof..hockey related and otherwise. i need this series to start now. 2010 was a different type of fandom. i dont think the expectations were there as much as this cup run. honestly this has been fun but 2010 was funner in a different way. been thinking about that a lot. our fan base has become a bit more fickle and highliting the negatives too much. myself hugely included in that. 2010 was more of a focus on the positives. maybe having sopels glazzed over eyes and resin was a calming.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

You're just unfortunately stuck in Douchecouver---if you were here you'd know that Sopes is right here in town! Mother Russia can wait until another day. He has been doing expert  analysis-type coverage for one of the local channel's News sports hockey "coverage" and I do mean "coverage" in the loosest definition of the word seeing as the actual reporters KNOW JACKSHIT about the Hawks let alone hockey. He's even done some sports radio call-in stuff (local sports radio--ALSO feebleminded and WEAK when it comes to anyone knowing anything BTW). I can tell you he is rollin' large and in charge---the flow is still there and looking as greasy/Vitalis-ed as EVER!</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
oh god can i find him on the internets? i miss him so much. glad he found a home in chicago and out of the trailer parks.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200424" data-time="1371013281">
<div>

oh god can i find him on the internets? i miss him so much. glad he found a home in chicago and out of the trailer parks.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

He's been contracted by the local NBC station:</p>

</p>

http://www.nbcchicago.com/video/#!/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/Sopel-Says-The-Hawks-Need-To-Pick-Up-The-Pace/206272051</p>

</p>

</p>

I know his family moved back out East when he signed the KHL contract because the wifey felt she needed the support of family being closer by with him being so far away and her having to manage the kids, the house, and her store. I think (?) she tried for maybe his first KHL season to try to maintain their life here in the burbs but I think by his 2nd season they had relocated. So I'll assume it's just him here for the Playoffs coverage and the fams is at their gorgeous farm. </p>

</p>

</p>

ETA:  It doesn't look like they have all the videos online? Bummer. He's definitely still on their "Sports Extra" and post-game Hawks coverage.  Just saw him last weekend analyzing the WCF Gm. 5. </p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
34zfvo6.png
</p>

</p>

</p>

<span style="color:#0000ff;">http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=78401&navid=DL|CHI|home</span></p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Hawks in 5 or 7, but it will be hoisted on home ice this time.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I thought I was the only fancy one around here.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="200428" data-time="1371014950">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

You are the fancy Italian. D'uh. </p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="200427" data-time="1371014652">
<div>

Hawks in 5 or 7, but it will be hoisted on home ice this time.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

PREACH!</p>

</p>

From your internet-y fingertips to the hockey gods ears</p>

</p>

</p>

2n1hrpl.jpg
</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Seriously though... the whole Stalberg vs. Bollig thing, let's get real here.</p>

</p>

How many fights have the Blackhawks had in the 2013 playoffs? Hell, combine the Bruins in that.</p>

</p>

The answer is one, between both teams (and the one fight happened at the end of a game, after the score was final and no time on the clock). But yeah, sure... we need someone to scrap now, all of the sudden, just because we are facing another team who has fought once in the entire playoffs. Pretty logical when you look at it that way, eh?</p>

</p>

I'd rather have someone who can play hockey in the line-up, than some "enforcer" who most-likely won't be on the ice when Sharp,  Toews, Kane, or Hossa are out there getting beat up. That's why you have someone like Bickell on those lines. Or Shaw.</p>

You want to have a guy willing to stick up for teammates on every line? Put Shaw up there, there's a million combinations that are better than Bollig.</p>

</p>

Bickell/Toews/Kane</p>

Shaw/Sharp/Hossa</p>

</p>

Use your imagination for the bottom two lines with Zeus, Bolland, Kruger, Frolik, Saad, and Stalberg filling them out. Does anyone really think Boston is dumb enough to scrap with Bollig, when they know that he's only dressed to fulfill that purpose? I hope that Q was just messing around because this idea is fucking Special person. "Yeah, let's change up the roster... ya know, that one that made it all the way to the SCF!"</p>

</p>

Bitch about Stalberg's one goal in 28 playoff games, a guy who gets 8-10 minutes a game, but Toews one goal in the 2013 playoffs is OK.</p>

</p>

For the record, I like Bollig, I really do... but this is not the time IMO. I trust Q, I just don't like this move.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="200428" data-time="1371014950">
<div>

</p>

Seriously though... the whole Stalberg vs. Bollig thing, let's get real here.</p>

</p>

How many fights have the Blackhawks had in the 2013 playoffs? Hell, combine the Bruins in that.</p>

</p>

The answer is one, between both teams. But yeah, sure... we need someone to scrap now, all of the sudden, just because we are facing another team who has fought once in the entire playoffs. Pretty logical when you look at it that way, eh?</p>

</p>

I'd rather have someone who can play hockey in the line-up, than someone who most-likely won't be on the ice when Sharp,  Toews, Kane, or Hossa are out there getting beat up. That's why you have someone like Bickell on those lines. Or Shaw.</p>

You want to have a guy willing to stick up for teammates on every line? Put Shaw up there, there's a million combinations that are better than Bollig.</p>

</p>

Bickell/Toews/Kane</p>

Shaw/<u>Sharp</u>/Hossa</p>

</p>

Use your imagination for the bottom two lines with Zeus, Bolland, Kruger, Frolik, Saad, and Stalberg filling them out. Does anyone really think Boston is dumb enough to scrap with Bollig, when they know that he's only dressed to fulfill that purpose? I hope that Q was just messing around because this idea is fucking Special person. "Yeah, let's change up the roster... ya know, that one that made it all the way to the SCF!"</p>

</p>

Bitch about Stalberg's one goal in 28 playoff games, but Toews not hitting the scoresheet is OK.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

This ^ post. So. Much. Fucking. WORD.</p>

</p>

</p>

Also? If I had a nut, I would most certainly give it to finally, FINALLY just have Sharp back centering---2C problems at least temporarily SOLVED like a bitch! Presto! Now would be ideal too. . .ya know, for old time-y Cup-winning memories sake, heh.  </p>

Mach29

Liked Posts:
Wow. Thousands of words about two third/fourth liners who probably won't affect the outcome of this series one bit. Move on.</p>

</p>

Commit to the Indian.</p>

</p>

Drop the puck NOW!</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
People sure like to flip out over negligible changes on the 3rd/4th line.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="200440" data-time="1371038621">
<div>

I slept on it and I want Bollig over Stalberg.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I did too.  And I think Stalberg should be playing over Bollig.</p>

</p>

I want all new lines too.</p>

</p>

Byfuglien - Toews - Kane</p>

Kopecky - Sharp - Hossa</p>

Ladd - Bolland - Versteeg</p>

Stalberg - Madden - Eager</p>

</p>

This current roster, they way they've played, the way the lines have been put together - can't get it done.  Change it up!</p>

</p>

And bring crooked eyed Torch back...because the PP will be much better</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Here is my problem that everyone is focusing on Stalberg that has not produced, ok, But what about Saad who has done jack shit the whole playoffs, what about Bolland? I mean Saad is a fucken -4. I understand he is a rookie, but he has been playing the entire season, no excuse. he has been dropping down the ladder in the lines. I also understand Stalberg makes more $$$ and has been playing for a while, which is why he is getting treated this way, and Im sure the # one reason is prob. the same issues from him chripping before, something tells me that this organization does not forget issues like that...who knows, all Im saying is in Stalbergs case, Saad and Bolland are not doing it either.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
You want to know the difference between Saad/Bolland and Stalberg?  Because they can play in other situations than just 5 on 5</p>

</p>

Nothing to do with contract conspiracies...coaches could care less about that. They want 12 guys that is going to help them win. </p>