SCF - 6/12 Game 1: Bruins (0) vs (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBCS

How long will it take the Hawks to dismantle the Bruins?

• 4 Games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Games

• 6 Games

• 7 Games

• Wings in 7

• Total voters

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="200373" data-time="1370996278">
<div>

I mean... if it comes down to Bollig (sucks - also sucks at fighting which RARELY happens in the FInals) or Stalberg... and you can convince yourself Bollig is a better option then........ well then.... i just dont know.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

We agree on the weirdest things.</p>

</p>

Also, the only times you are ever right lol. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="200369" data-time="1370995700">
<div>

Either player is going to play 7-10 min

Both at this point are 12th forwards

One had speed..one more physical

The speed hasn't done shit in 25+ playoff games

Try a little more physicality

I've never seen someone whine so much about who the 12th forward is going to be

Bolland, Frolik, and Kruger would've been physically outmatched in this series

Please tell me...Stalberg, Saad and Shaw have been together for about 10gms - how's that worked out?

Saad can play the PK. Shaw the PP. Stalberg?

Move the fuck on...

I don't know his more embarassing. That Boston fan or this clown. Variable is going to hate this series no matter what, because there's a wry good chance it's going to be nasty. Can't wait to hear all the bitching and moaning...that's already started over a 12th forward.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yes you have.   Forget the "hitting"...</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="200373" data-time="1370996278">
<div>

I mean... if it comes down to Bollig (sucks - also sucks at fighting which RARELY happens in the FInals) or Stalberg... and you can convince yourself Bollig is a better option then........ well then.... i just dont know.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Well one of them has done nothing in three series and that's after being a healthy scratch in 1.  7-10 minutes does it really matter?  I don't know.  </p>

</p>

I'm in the I don't think it really matters much Camp.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="200377" data-time="1370996630">
<div>

We agree on the weirdest things.</p>

</p>

Also, the only times you are ever right lol. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Grimson is always wrong, especially when agreeing with you.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200367" data-time="1370995611">
<div>

oh by the way here is logical reason number 5 why Bollig isn't a bad option. And its based on what we who watch the games have seen with the Bruins these playoffs. I know..i know..there is no room for actual watching the other teams looking for weaknesses and trying to exploit them. This is probably the key reason Bollig is in.....</p>

</p>

The Bruins have been turning over the puck a lot and I mean A LOT when they have been getting hit. Notice how the Pens actually remained in the last two games of their series when they started hitting? Rask won those games for the Pens and the Bruins didn't cruise through them. The big bad Bruins are actually weak when they get hit and it causes quit a few turn overs...god forbid the Hawks would want that to happen. Turn overs never work in the Hawks favour. </p>

</p>

</p>

Holy sheep shit batman..maybe the scouts and coaching staff actually do their jobs and watch the tapes of the opponents? Go figure? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Ahahaha! You're joking right? The Penguins lead BOS in hits in every game of that series and in the first two games by a wide fucking margin. Also known as: NOT playing their game. So you can promptly get off your soap box lecturing about "true" hockey fans who truly understand like only a handful of Hawks fans here bothered to watch other Playoffs games. GMAB man. </p>

</p>

PIT kept up their hits pace consistently the entire series and it was only once BOS started concentrating more on going out of their way to hit Pens players that the hit stats got closer in the last two games which can also be interpreted as the Pens were finally at least getting more of a chance to play their native type of game with the opposition focusing on running around hitting them and as a result they were closer to getting more chances so it wasn't just about the Pens "all of a sudden" hitting and forcing those turnovers.</p>

</p>

</p>

GM 1</p>

</p>

BOS - 19</p>

PIT - 34 </p>

</p>

GM 2</p>

</p>

BOS - 19</p>

PIT - 37</p>

</p>

GM 3</p>

BOS - 34</p>

PIT - 46 </p>

</p>

GM 4 </p>

</p>

BOS - 25</p>

PIT - 33 </p>

</p>

^ Yeah, how'd that work out for PIT? Let's go ask them before tee times tomorrow. </p>

</p>

</p>

The Hawks FIRST need to at least attempt to play their own game (which BTW has included opportunistic hitting at a pace not significantly below their opposition regardless of how many people want to perpetuate the false meme that they're soft pushovers), a speedy two-way team-D game which was successful for them of late and dictate that way not dictate by trying to make a preemptive style strike when they don't know exactly how the Bs are gonna come out the gate and what they're going to throw at them from the jump. And this needs to happen whoever the fuck Q decides to suit up and play. Take advantage of the earned home ice by trying to impose the especial talents and weapons of your team game then if it doesn't work adjust accordingly.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Pitt isn't Chicago

They do not play any sort of defensive system at all

Their defence cannot move and aren't nearly as good at moving the puck

Chicago is head above shoulders better than Pitt

Bollig brings a more physical element to this team. If Bylsma had any sort of a team system in place - maybe they'd fared better? Had nothing to do with their hitting

Pitt also lost because they couldn't score...so GMAB

How's stalbergs 1g in 28 playoff games such a massive loss??

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, I believe I have been making the point that CHI is NOT PIT and how no one outside of the Hawks fandom (and some within it!) seems to grasp this as they underestimate them going into the Finals. So thanks, but I don't need to be schooled about the best Defense all season---I watched all the games all season just like you. I am well aware of the results the Hawks get when they commit to their game . . which is why I advocate strongly for them to play it?  </p>

</p>

Did I say that PIT lost the series solely because of their hitting? No. So don't put words in my mouth. I responded to a post about hits with comments about hits. Even before my last post I said that PIT from the get-go attempted to play a style period that wasn't their game. A large part of their hockey attention got derailed and distracted by being physical and that didn't work.Of course they also lost because they couldn't score and because they lost their cool and because they took penalties, blah blah blah. Go ahead, take the next leap in logic then that they were thrown off their game by shit like running around trying to bruise the Bruins instead of handling their fucking business and bringing the one especial talent they have which is offense.</p>

</p>

WhoTF said anything about Stalberg in my last post? Did I not make it fucking clear that I want the Hawks to play their game regardless whoever the fucks suits up as a 12th forward? But yes, you keep focusing on thinking that everyone is trying to fanboy suck off Stalberg. </p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Who the fuck ever said the hawks weren't going to play their game? Who ever said they were going to come out and try to out hit them?

Pit got detailed because they weren't as good as a team ...nothing to do with the hit stats you went out of your way to post

Pitt didnt change their style - that was their style. They announced that when they added slow physical players in morrow, iginla, Murray - for what..to be more finesse?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="200325" data-time="1370983784">

Eager was almost a decent hockey player for a fourth liner.</p></blockquote>

in 2010, yeah. He scored the first goal in the Wrigley Field game, too.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="200338" data-time="1370986623">

are they seriously bringing bollig up?  We dont need to try to beat boston by their own game anyway no one is scared of bollig.</p></blockquote>

The Hawks aren't "bringing Bollig up."He's already up and being inserted into the lineup.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="200391" data-time="1371004473">
<div>

Who the fuck ever said the hawks weren't going to play their game? Who ever said they were going to come out and try to out hit them?

Pit got detailed because they weren't as good as a team ...nothing to do with the hit stats you went out of your way to post

Pitt didnt change their style - that was their style. They announced that when they added slow physical players in morrow, iginla, Murray - for what..to be more finesse?</p>
</div>

</p>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I never said the Hawks weren't going to come out and play their game. In fact I said a page ago that what I am doing as a fan is praying that they don't start by trying to play out of their normal element. It's still okay for me to want things to go my way right? It's not against the IHN law? And all I have said since is about advocating that they don't deviate from their game unless forced to and then try to adjust accordingly. And I don't know what's gonna happen after puck drop tomorrow hence my saying in older posts that's why they play the games and anything can happen including the Bs crushing them. You understand that there is ZERO wrong with a person stating that they don't want the Hawks to take a tack that PIT did right? And that it has nothing to do with taking a leap in conjecture and thinking it's because a person thinks their team is like PIT. It's called opinion. </p>

</p>

And NO ONE here was stupid enough to make a crystal ball prediction about how the Hawks are gonna play. It's a forum and forum conjecture and forum debate because people have. . .opinions! Since your second-to-last-post was seemingly addressing my post preceding it I'll state AGAIN that I was responding to a post that said the Hawks should perhaps hit like PIT did in Gms. 3-4 to cause turnovers. Neither that post nor my response said the Hawks WOULD do this tomorrow or all series.  </p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="200392" data-time="1371004605">
<div>

in 2010, yeah. He scored the first goal in the Wrigley Field game, too.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

GWG in Game 2 of cup finals...</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="200357" data-time="1370992683">

Average Height:

BOS = 6-1 

CHI = 6-1 1/2

Average Weight:

BOS = 200.4 

CHI = 202.4</p></blockquote>

Take Chara out of the mix and Boston averages 5-4 and 127.4 lbs.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="200397" data-time="1371006117">
<div>

Take Chara out of the mix and Boston averages 5-4 and 127.4 lbs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Heh. </p>

</p>

He's like a Slovak miracle being able to play hockey in today's NHL the way he does with that height. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200375" data-time="1370996526">

DEARY EVERYONE!!! EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US!!!!</p></blockquote>

Enough of that fancy chatter!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="200397" data-time="1371006117">
<div>

Take Chara out of the mix and Boston averages 5-4 and 127.4 lbs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If Rask unloads a massive growler they average 120 lbs...</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="200400" data-time="1371006492">
<div>

Enough of that fancy chatter!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

He's just trying to run away from his Grammar Hobo moniker and reputation as fast as his ass can. Instead of being proud, he turtles and tries to impress. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxclland" data-cid="200387" data-time="1371002481">

Pitt isn't Chicago

They do not play any sort of defensive system at all

Their defence cannot move and aren't nearly as good at moving the puck</p></blockquote>

Please quit switching between American and Canadian English. Thank you!