Skille & Hawks agree to 1-year deal

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see the pompous chimpmunk on ice play with the parent club.

I might have to get 100 level glass seats for this.

[quote name="Maiden"]

If you comparing the skill Versteeg showed to what Skille showed you are dillusional.[/quote]

Or you aren't tall enough to see over the boards while watching the game?

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Or you aren't tall enough to see over the boards while watching the game?[/quote]

At least I dont need the extra room between 100 level seats.................... :D

[quote name="Maiden"]

At least I dont need the extra room between 100 level seats.................... :D[/quote]

assuming you can afford them. :D

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

assuming you can afford them. :D[/quote]

Remember, only the true fans sit in the 300's. :?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]

If you comparing the skill Versteeg showed to what Skille showed you are dillusional.[/quote]

Both scored goals at a .33gpg in the AHL, Versteeg didnt play his first full NHL season until he was 22...Skille just turned 23

Jack has a shitty attitude an inflated head.

Hope he has a great year for the Hawks and then goes else where.

Come on. You're just mad he didn't have another stick.

There is not one thing that suggests he has a shitty attitude, or an ego.

Unless of course you have a Link?

[quote name="R K"]Come on. You're just mad he didn't have another stick.

There is not one thing that suggests he has a shitty attitude, or an ego.

Unless of course you have a Link?[/quote]

Nah, no link. Just people I know who went to University of Madison with him. Said he had a crappy attitude. I also thought I remember he reading somewhere he had a poor-work ethic, I'll have to look this one up...

[quote name="R K"]

Sounds just like Buff.

Sorry but that equates nothing to attitude and or ego. It says he doesn't play a complete game.

I have to give you shit because we both know why you don't like him![/quote]

:shhh:

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Sounds just like Buff.

Sorry but that equates nothing to attitude and or ego. It says he doesn't play a complete game.

I have to give you shit because we both know why you don't like him![/quote]

I don't like him cause he reminds me of Barker.......................................

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="pmxc12873"]

Both scored goals at a .33gpg in the AHL, Versteeg didnt play his first full NHL season until he was 22...Skille just turned 23[/quote]

There's really no comparison, Versteeg has hands that rival Kane's, can shoot, knows where to be, all around good player IMO. Skille hustles.....

Really he's capable of 15 goals, we'll see what we get though, I'm hoping he pans out. Also two years ago when he started up with the big club I said he could score 20 goals, which maybe he could, but I never saw those hands in NHL action. And I got burned considering he didn't even play 20 games. :lol:

GoBucky

Liked Posts:
[quote name="TJD"]

Nah, no link. Just people I know who went to University of Wisconsin with him. Said he had a crappy attitude. I also thought I remember he reading somewhere he had a poor-work ethic, I'll have to look this one up...[/quote]

I knew him a little bit up there and he was a pretty good guy, unlike another former Badger and Hawk who currently plays for Calgary.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
[quote name="GoBucky"]

I knew him a little bit up there and he was a pretty good guy, unlike another former Badger and Hawk who currently plays for Calgary.[/quote]

renee..er...rene i mean, haha.

I'll be honest, I was never a Skille fan since we passed on Kopitar and took Jack. I understand at the time the Hawks were tired of drafting Europeans, mainly Russians and having them crap out after a few years.

Jack does have great North-South speed, and is willing to bang bodies. If he can do it on a daily basis then I'll be happy. I really think the 1 year contract is for him to try and impress the Hawks or a scout from the other 29 NHL teams and then hopefully be due for a raise the next season in the UFA market.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]

There's really no comparison, Versteeg has hands that rival Kane's, can shoot, knows where to be, all around good player IMO. Skille hustles.....

Really he's capable of 15 goals, we'll see what we get though, I'm hoping he pans out. Also two years ago when he started up with the big club I said he could score 20 goals, which maybe he could, but I never saw those hands in NHL action. And I got burned considering he didn't even play 20 games. :lol:[/quote]

So.."no comparing" Skille to Versteeg...when they scored goals at the exact same pace in the AHL level.....yet Kane and Versteeg were both at the NHL level and Kane outscored him at about a 2 to 1 margin?

Skille hasnt had a real shot at the NHL, so until Jack does...all we have to go by are thier AHL numbers

Re: Makarov signs 2 year Deal

[quote name="pmxc12873"]No kidding, RK...he just turned 23 for crying outloud...and all people say is he's no good...[/quote]

Ever seen him play in person?

Re: Makarov signs 2 year Deal

[quote name="TJD"]

Ever seen him play in person?[/quote]

More than you have.

He deserves his chance and this is it.