Re: Makarov signs 2 year Deal

[quote name="R K"]

More than you have.

He deserves his chance and this is it.[/quote]

Not you, pmxc.

[quote name="TJD"]

Not you, pmxc.[/quote]

I know I was just giving you shit cause I can. I know why you don't like Skille and it has nothing to do with his play on the ice. <snicker>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

Actually, the last time in person was in the U18's when he was in the development program which was about 6-7 yrs ago and he (and us all) were younger.

I just think its too early to determine what kind of an NHL player he can be, without ever getting a consitant shot at it. Just because a guy tears up the AHL, doesnt mean he'll do it in the NHL...and because he doesnt light up the AHL, doesnt mean he can't produce in the NHL.

I'm willing to let a 23 year old rookie find his role in the NHL before writing him off as not being able to make it.

[quote name="pmxc12873"]

So.."no comparing" Skille to Versteeg...when they scored goals at the exact same pace in the AHL level.....yet Kane and Versteeg were both at the NHL level and Kane outscored him at about a 2 to 1 margin?

Skille hasnt had a real shot at the NHL, so until Jack does...all we have to go by are thier AHL numbers[/quote]

AHL numbers really don't amount too much. Hell Rob Brown was a 100 point producer in the AHL and his only good years in the NHL were with Lemieux.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Right....constiancy matters...and Jack scored 20 all 3 years there...

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="pmxc12873"]Right....constiancy matters...and Jack scored 20 all 3 years there...[/quote]

Darren Haydar.....

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]

Darren Haydar.....[/quote]

You people realize it is possible to be the opposite right? Some guys are better NHLers than AHLers.

Brouwer wasn't drafed until he was 19 and then the Hawks still sent him back to Jrs as an overage player. Worked out pretty good right?

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]

You people realize it is possible to be the opposite right? Some guys are better NHLers than AHLers.

Brouwer wasn't drafed until he was 19 and then the Hawks still sent him back to Jrs as an overage player. Worked out pretty good right?[/quote]

Tiz true and already discussed when I mentioned Steeg and Brouwer coming out

of the Rockford system. Then again, I always claimed Niemi coming out of Rockford.

[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

Tiz true and already discussed when I mentioned Steeg and Brouwer coming out

of the Rockford system. Then again, I always claimed Niemi coming out of Rockford.[/quote]

Niemi was never meant to be in Rockford. From day #1 of his NA experience most knew.

12467_195891717519_712422519_2967163_6196819_n.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I can't believe we just had 4 fucking pages on Skille.

And now you see the irony in my post...

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="pmxc12873"]

So.."no comparing" Skille to Versteeg...when they scored goals at the exact same pace in the AHL level.....yet Kane and Versteeg were both at the NHL level and Kane outscored him at about a 2 to 1 margin?

Skille hasnt had a real shot at the NHL, so until Jack does...all we have to go by are thier AHL numbers[/quote]

How many training camps has the player been to since being drafted in the first round?

I think I've lost count..............................

edit: after reading the new rules and regs should I expect to be banned after this last post?

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

More than you have.

He deserves his chance and this is it.[/quote]

Do the other 70 some odd players deserve a chance too?

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="pmxc12873"]Actually, the last time in person was in the U18's when he was in the development program which was about 6-7 yrs ago and he (and us all) were younger.

I just think its too early to determine what kind of an NHL player he can be, without ever getting a consitant shot at it. Just because a guy tears up the AHL, doesnt mean he'll do it in the NHL...and because he doesnt light up the AHL, doesnt mean he can't produce in the NHL.

I'm willing to let a 23 year old rookie find his role in the NHL before writing him off as not being able to make it.[/quote]

I'm a big fan of proving yourself during training camp and the exhibition games to PROVE you belong on the final 22 man roster.

[quote name="Maiden"]

Do the other 70 some odd players deserve a chance too?[/quote]

Yea, in turn.

When they pay their due's they'll get a chance. Everyone that they can afford will get chance in Training Camp.

[quote name="Maiden"]

I'm a big fan of proving yourself during training camp and the exhibition games to PROVE you belong on the final 22 man roster.[/quote]

Well, unfortunately the Salary Cap some times dictates who will and will not play. But you know this.

You just don't like the kid, just like you didn't like Barker. It's just that easy. So now you'll possibly have a new whipping boy. I almost can't wait for the season to start.

[quote name="Maiden"]

How many training camps has the player been to since being drafted in the first round?

I think I've lost count..............................

edit: after reading the new rules and regs should I expect to be banned after this last post?[/quote]

Funny what a team of depth and massive Salary Cap issues gives you, eh?

Knowing the teams Salary Cap issue the last TWO years most of those final roster decisions have been on CAP ALONE. Especially this and last season. That along with the massive depth this team has, and it's not been easy to make the team. Not all first rounders are Kane and Toews Caliber.

Jack proved he'd take a pay cut which a lot of players won't do. Why don't you wait until training Camp before you start slamming the kid?

Personally I'd like to see what a 4th line of Bickell-Dowell-Skille could do. In fact I'm way more intrigued about that line than Eager-Frazer-Burish because all three of Bickell-Dowell-Skille have more skill than the former 4th line IMO.

Who knows what he'll make of it, but I for one am looking forward to seeing. You may be correct and he's a bust, but I'm going to guess he's not. Again it's not often you find a team player, like Skille just proved he was.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Howard was drafted in 2003...rookie in 2009 (54th overall)

Justin Abdelkader was drafted in 2005...rookie in 2009 (42nd overall)

Darren Helm was drafted in 2005......rookie in 2009

How many training camps has Howard been to in 6 years? Good thing DET hung on to these depth guys to fill out their roster..

Oh..and AHL numbers?

Helm - 29 goals in 122gms (played 2yrs in WHL after being drafted)

Abdelkader - 33 goals in 109gms (played 3yrs college after being drafted)

All these players went in the same draft (except Howard - 2yrs earlier), Skille just went to the AHL 1 year before Helm/Abdelkader...and his higher cap hit hurt him getting pulled up....I dont know how else to explain this depth thing to people

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Maiden"]

I'm a big fan of proving yourself during training camp and the exhibition games to PROVE you belong on the final 22 man roster.[/quote]

And I'm a fan of someone FAILING at the NHL level before labeling him a bust.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had Skille not had a $1.2m caphit, or whatever it was, he would have for sure had gotten more games to his name than he has by this time. It was more due to the caphit and the immense depth of the team that stopped him from stepping in earlier. And by this paycut he has shown that he ready to commit to the Indianhead and contribute to the best of his ability. That alone should raise his stock among the fans.

And as mentioned, lets see what training camp brings before throwing the kid under the bus. It might come as a shock to some of you, but it's possible for players to improve over the summer. And something tells me this is just what Skille has done. But time will tell.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

Well, unfortunately the Salary Cap some times dictates who will and will not play. But you know this.

You just don't like the kid, just like you didn't like Barker. It's just that easy. So now you'll possibly have a new whipping boy. I almost can't wait for the season to start.[/quote]

I find it slightly sad that a grown man decides to just hate on a young kid for no rational reason other than that he just doesn't like him. A kid who is a member of a sport organization that this person is a supporter of nonetheless. One would think that this would be reason enough to hope for the young kid to succeed and help the team. But I guess that's not how it works with some people. :roll: