Skille & Hawks agree to 1-year deal

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]Last chance for no Skille here. Just an awful draft pick, and i'll be glad when he's wearing a Panther's jersey. Although they will have to replace the Panther on the front with a kitty kat.

-5Minutes[/quote]

Haterade123.jpg

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]well in all honesty PSR no one creates the Youtubes of him constantly dangling between 4 defenders and losing the puck. Least that I could find. I sure do remember seeing it over and over and over between the "youtube" highlight goals.

He does have good hands but often lacked the sense to go with them. If he had that he'd have had 15 more assists. :D[/quote]

PK has never done that during his career?

I love the apples and oranges comparisons when it comes to certain players.

Some get a free pass (my boy Barker led the world in those) while others get just pissed on.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Rdrhwke"]

Wow, that's pretty harsh.[/quote]

Truth hurts.........................

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Found a new whipping boy Maiden? What happens if Skille matches either Byfuglien or Ladds point totals from last season?

[quote name="Rex"]Found a new whipping boy Maiden? What happens if Skille matches either Byfuglien or Ladds point totals from last season?[/quote]

I can't wait to find out.

[quote name="Maiden"]

PK has never done that during his career?

I love the apples and oranges comparisons when it comes to certain players.

Some get a free pass (my boy Barker led the world in those) while others get just pissed on.[/quote]

He doubles his points. Kane and his game can afford to do that, where as Versteeg and his game could not.

PK got a 36mil contract for a reason. They are Apples to Oranges.

As for the THREAD TOPIC, I'll take Skille at 600k, long before either Eager or Burish over 1mil. Any fucking day of the week.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]

Truth hurts.........................[/quote]

Time will tell I guess.

Gemini13

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]Last chance for no Skille here. Just an awful draft pick, and i'll be glad when he's wearing a Panther's jersey. Although they will have to replace the Panther on the front with a kitty kat.

-5Minutes[/quote]

I'm astonished sometime to know that we all supposedly root for the same team. Sometimes I wonder if people actually enjoy being a fan of a franchise.

Unfortunately for Jack he had two things working against him. First was the Hawks amazing depth and second was the salary cap.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
This guy's got amazing skating speed and now just has to work on the other aspects of his game. If it comes around, he's a great bargain. If it doesn't, he's still a bargain.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Blackwater13"]

I'm astonished sometime to know that we all supposedly root for the same team. Sometimes I wonder if people actually enjoy being a fan of a franchise.

[/quote]

This x1000. How sad is it to hate on kids probably half the age of some of these haters, who are playing for the team they are supposedly a fan of and hope for them to fail. It makes no damn sense.

I understand calling out a player if they play bad, but to hate on them no matter what long before the player has even had a proper shot to play on the team. These are the people who will keep on dogging on the player for taking a penalty that caused a goal despite the same player scoring a hattrick to win the game.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]

This x1000. How sad is it to hate on kids probably half the age of some of these haters, who are playing for the team they are supposedly a fan of and hope for them to fail. It makes no damn sense.

I understand calling out a player if they play bad, but to hate on them no matter what long before the player has even had a proper shot to play on the team. These are the people who will keep on dogging on the player for taking a penalty that caused a goal despite the same player scoring a hattrick to win the game.[/quote]

Hey if I remember you were leading a "Hawks suck and don't care and are gonna lose to Nashville" after the game 1 loss, train.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I just jumped on the doom&gloom train after game 4 of the finals. And I've eaten my crow already (it was very good).

But you wont ever see me dogging on any player without reason, like so many around here seem to do.

[quote name="roshinaya"]No, I just jumped on the doom&gloom train after game 4 of the finals. And I've eaten my crow already (it was very good).

But you wont ever see me dogging on any player without reason, like so many around here seem to do.[/quote]

I gave my reasons why I dislike Skille, I think they are fair. I usually just don't go around saying "player A sucks". Some people tend to do that on the boards, but if you have a opinion back it up instead of just stating the opinion and clicking, "Submit".

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
My opinion of Skille? I don't really have one. I haven't seen a whole lot of him live, let alone I haven't seen him on a line consistently. I dunno if that will make a difference.

With the one year deal, I can't help but think he may be a throw in on a trade. And soon.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Blackwater13"]I'm astonished sometime to know that we all supposedly root for the same team. Sometimes I wonder if people actually enjoy being a fan of a franchise.

Unfortunately for Jack he had two things working against him. First was the Hawks amazing depth and second was the salary cap.[/quote]

You really want reasons? Ok, I have a partial season ticket package for the Badgers. After Skille was drafted, i saw him play many times up in Madison over the next 2 years. I tried hard to like him. But each time i left the arena, i was always asking myself how any scout could think this guy is first round material. And i haven't seen anything from him since to cause me to change my mind. Similarly, I still don't think Huet is Vezina material.

But you make a good point and i can see how somebody sensitive could be a a little offended by a little satire or dry humor about one of our beloved Blackhawks. I agree, enough is enough.

So let's get the love train started. First stop, The Rock.

Huet---EA-Sports-AHL-11-sma.jpg

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO! That picture is priceless! I love how there is a puck going in under his left arm haha!

[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]

You really want reasons? Ok, I have a partial season ticket package for the Badgers. After Skille was drafted, i saw him play many times up in Madison over the next 2 years. I tried hard to like him. But each time i left the arena, i was always asking myself how any scout could think this guy is first round material. And i haven't seen anything from him since to cause me to change my mind. Similarly, I still don't think Huet is Vezina material.

But you make a good point and i can see how somebody sensitive could be a a little offended by a little satire or dry humor about one of our beloved Blackhawks. I agree, enough is enough.

So let's get the love train started. First stop, The Rock.

[/quote]

Careful, I don't think you're allowed to have a facts based opinion.

[quote name="TJD"]

I gave my reasons why I dislike Skille, I think they are fair. I usually just don't go around saying "player A sucks". Some people tend to do that on the boards, but if you have a opinion back it up instead of just stating the opinion and clicking, "Submit".[/quote]

<shaking head> There is ONE reason you don't like Skille. Had he corrected that he'd be your favorite player. I'm not buying it and I was there!

[quote name="TJD"]

Careful, I don't think you're allowed to have a facts based opinion.[/quote]

You keep it up I'm gong to throw your "fact" right on out there for everyone to see!

[quote name="jakobeast"]My opinion of Skille? I don't really have one. I haven't seen a whole lot of him live, let alone I haven't seen him on a line consistently. I dunno if that will make a difference.

With the one year deal, I can't help but think he may be a throw in on a trade. And soon.[/quote]

He just took a 600k contract so that we could have another body play for this severely salary Capped team. Do you honestly think they are going to trade him?

I swear people bitch about this that or the other but when a player actually does something "away from the norm" he gets no respect. He's playing for the league minimum and just as skilled as ANY of our former 4th line players. Except maybe Frazer who can win "some" face offs.