Stanley Cup Finals Pre-Series Discussion/Speculation

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBC

[quote name="klemmer"]
[quote name="bubbleheadchief"]

I knew that.....thanks for crapping on my joke.[/quote]

What makes you think they're any easier to find here?[/quote]

I know they aren't, one of the guys in here is from somewhere outside of KC. But you do have an older daughter, and I wasn't going to imply and get punched in the mouth if we were to ever meet in person.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]

I knew that.....thanks for crapping on my joke.[/quote]

I know they aren't, one of the guys in here is from somewhere outside of KC. But you do have an older daughter, and I wasn't going to imply and get punched in the mouth if we were to ever meet in person.[/quote]

My oldest one gave me my grandson in Sept, and I believe in the don't ask, don't tell policy with the younger one

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]
[quote name="klemmer"]

I know they aren't, one of the guys in here is from somewhere outside of KC. But you do have an older daughter, and I wasn't going to imply and get punched in the mouth if we were to ever meet in person.[/quote]

My oldest one gave me my grandson in Sept, and I believe in the don't ask, don't tell policy with the younger one[/quote]

LOL...it's always safest never knowing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Tsk Tsk. As the board's resident pagan...you have it all wrong.

Never sacrifice a virgin; the gods don't like sacrifices that aren't willing to put out.

Either way, something to consider about Leighton: he's averaging about 26+ SA/G. Niemi is about 29+ SA/G Neimi has been tested favorable at over 40--I'm not sure about Leighton.

The hawks should open up the Michael Leighton shooting gallery.

bierboy

Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]....I'm going to try and find a virgin to sacrifice.[/quote]

Before....or after.....?

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="LordKOTL"]Tsk Tsk. As the board's resident pagan...you have it all wrong.

Never sacrifice a virgin; the gods don't like sacrifices that aren't willing to put out.

Either way, something to consider about Leighton: he's averaging about 26+ SA/G. Niemi is about 29+ SA/G Neimi has been tested favorable at over 40--I'm not sure about Leighton.

The hawks should open up the Michael Leighton shooting gallery.[/quote]

There's a special place for that quote.

bierboy

Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]....There's a special place for that quote.[/quote]

There is....my sig....

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

There was a great article in the Tribune today abour Sharp and him witnessing the change of the Hawks. From the article:

"Two days earlier, the first-place Flyers traded him to a Hawks team that would win 26 games all season. Sharp figured maybe 9,000 people actually witnessed his debut. So began a time when people would ask him what he did for a living, and he would say he played hockey in Chicago."

That quotes a little off cause it was against the Rangers and their was a slightly decent crowd on hand. But I remember going down for warm ups like it was yesterday, back then the Hawks had a new call up or players every 5th game it seemed and I would always look for the new guy. And I remember Jim Dowd throwing a puck in the stands, hit an empty seat, then this new dude Sharp threw one and I caught that shit. My quote was probably somewhere around, fuck yea that new guys the shit. Then he played well in his first couple months, didn't put one puck in the net, but he was always all over the ice somewhat like these playoffs except on one of the shittiest teams ever assembled.

We won that Rangers game in OT with an Arnason winner, and I still got the newspaper clip of Khabby making a save on my wall.....Great times.

BTW, me claiming Sharp will be a star to my friends and them laughing at me has everything to do with the name if anyone didn't know. One question for Shoots He Scores, Sharp can't finish eh?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ho ... 1251.story

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Q/Bowen press conference on NHL Network right now. Free on Comcast, we don't have NHL network but I'm watching it.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:

This wait is getting ridiculous, I can't wait for Saturday any more.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]This wait is getting ridiculous, I can't wait for Saturday any more.[/quote]

There is so much god damn time to think, I can't take it. Still would like an explanation why they would have the game Sat and Mon, as opposed to Fri, Sunday night on a sunday where everyone has off on monday. Fucking ridiculous if you ask me.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:

[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]
[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]This wait is getting ridiculous, I can't wait for Saturday any more.[/quote]

There is so much god damn time to think, I can't take it. Still would like an explanation why they would have the game Sat and Mon, as opposed to Fri, Sunday night on a sunday where everyone has off on monday. Fucking ridiculous if you ask me.[/quote]

Hockey Night in Canada. Canadians love their Sat. night hockey. That being said the series should have started tonight with game 2 on Sat.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]

There is so much god damn time to think, I can't take it. Still would like an explanation why they would have the game Sat and Mon, as opposed to Fri, Sunday night on a sunday where everyone has off on monday. Fucking ridiculous if you ask me.[/quote]

Hockey Night in Canada. Canadians love their Sat. night hockey. That being said the series should have started tonight with game 2 on Sat.[/quote]

Well the Canadian teams are awful and eliminated as usual... so I guess there will be more Canadian viewers than American viewers for the Hawks/Flyers games (LOL). God sometimes I hate Canada almost as much as I hate TCD.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:

You just threw up on the boards again.

:doh:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]You just threw up on the boards again.

:doh:[/quote]

No not really... game 1 is more anticipated than game 2. I am sure HNIC wanted game 1.

Razzberry

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Well the Canadian teams are awful and eliminated as usual... so I guess there will be more Canadian viewers than American viewers for the Hawks/Flyers games (LOL). God sometimes I hate Canada almost as much as I hate TCD.[/quote]

Potentially, yes. You'd be surprised.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]

Hockey Night in Canada. Canadians love their Sat. night hockey. That being said the series should have started tonight with game 2 on Sat.[/quote]

It actually was NBC who dictated the finals schedule. The NHL had in its original scheduling that game 1 and game 2 would be played back to back; as was done last season. NBC talked the NHL out of that scenario with Monday being U.S. Memorial Day that wanted a game that night. You also have to take into consideration that like the Super Bowl there is a media day so the series could not have started this evening. The earliest it would start would be Saturday. The great thing about the finals is no stupid afternoon games. Hockey is meant to played at night.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="pmxc12873"]Racists comments while at a comedy club - Michael Richards 1 - Toews - 0[/quote]

What's that about?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hi guys,

I have a big favor to ask of any kind soul going to the game tomorrow. If anyone would be willing to pick me up a program and/or have an extra ticket stub, I'll gladly pay for the program and send over a pre-paid envelope. I could also pick them up instead (live in Algonquin, work in Schaumburg). I would be extremely thankful.