Stanley Cup Finals Pre-Series Discussion/Speculation

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBC

In Leighton's defense, I think he was trying to compare the TYPES of players Montreal has to what we have, meaning fast, somewhat smaller, speedy guys. I don't think he was trying to compare the SKILL LEVEL between the two groups. That's a big difference. I think he was generalizing by comparing Camillarri to Kane, etc.

The big difference between the two groups is A) we are much deeper up front and B) we have a guy like Buff and Montreal, heck no other team, has a player like him.

Tell me Buff right now doesn't remind you of LeClair of those great Philly teams in the late 90's? I think those fans are gonna have flashbacks once this series starts.

The issue for the Flyers is that they cannot simply take away one scorer or line in this series. They can't just focus on Kovalchuk, Bergeron/Savard, or Camillerri/Pleckanec. In this series, if they try to do that, then Bolland's line will kill them, or the Sharp/Hossa line, or even Eager/Burish/Fraser/Kopecky can do damage. How are they going to stop all that firepower with a defense that only goes 4 deep and whose two best players average 36 years of age?

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]I've posted in the past that ticket prices drop the closer it gets to game day, and awesome deals can usually be found on gameday. If i did not have a ticket and wanted to go, i would work the web hard on gameday. The hub, the exchange, and cl. Shit, who knows, the Hawks themselves might even put some on tm, but i doubt it.

Anyway, i'm planning on going to Filly for games 4 and 6 (if necessary), i got my flight and hotel, but not even thinking about buying tickets just yet since i know prices will go down. But i was on philly cl tonight just getting a feel for the market and i came across this little piece of humor:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tix/1759679448.html

-5Minutes[/quote]

To add to this, Game 2 here against Vancouver, the day of the game, ticketmaster released more tickets around noon for face value. I checked it out because I called the blackhawks and told me to check the day of that ticketmaster will release what they have held on too. Now as far as being in the Cup Finals, I don't know the chances of tickets still being around. But I believe the longer you wait, the more desperate people get trying to dump them. I don't have the connections for this round. So I will wait. :pray:

tvltre

Liked Posts:

Sorry Stu if i am blind to Prongers accomplishments. But, it is hard to see how good he truly is by compared to how dirty he truly is.

I know you don't win the cup by being a poster child for clean play, but elbows and stepping on players during the game just doesn't warrant my admiration.

He is and always will be a piece of shit in my book.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="tvltre"]Sorry Stu if i am blind to Prongers accomplishments. But, it is hard to see how good he truly is by compared to how dirty he truly is.

I know you don't win the cup by being a poster child for clean play, but elbows and stepping on players during the game just doesn't warrant my admiration.

He is and always will be a piece of shit in my book.[/quote]

Yea his outstanding play is overshadowed by his attitude/dirty plays I have to agree with you there.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:

I so hope that the Hawks just beat the ever loving shit out of the Flyers. I swear to god if one more arrogant, piece of shit, closet Philly fan (becasue none of them existed around here until the beat Montreal) walks up to me, and wants to ride me about my Hawks gear, I will get arrrested.

I am so tired of hearing how "comparable" both teams are from these morons. In the long run, they really arent that comparable. Hawks roll 4 solid O lines capable of putting up big offensive numbers, the Flyers roll 2. The hawks have 1 "weak" defensive pairing, Sopel and whoever gets put on ice with him, only because Sope's is so damn slow. The Flyers have 1 top D pairing, the other two are adequate at best.

And lets compare netminders. Seriously, Leighton is world class???? He has been a journeyman his entire career for a reason. He is easier to beat high than Huet is. He had 3 shutouts against a team that was not an offensive juggernaut, and wasn't all year.

Being here in DC, and a Caps season ticket holder, I got the opportunity to see the broadstreet buttheads many times over the last 3 years. They are not fast, play dirty and are weak defensively. The more I talk to these idiots, and readingtheir comments on other blog sites, I fail to see how these fuck wads can not see why they are the most hated group of "fans" in every sport???

tvltre

Liked Posts:

[quote name="bubbleheadchief"]I so hope that the Hawks just beat the ever loving shit out of the Flyers. I swear to god if one more arrogant, piece of shit, closet Philly fan (becasue none of them existed around here until the beat Montreal) walks up to me, and wants to ride me about my Hawks gear, I will get arrrested.

I am so tired of hearing how "comparable" both teams are from these morons. In the long run, they really arent that comparable. Hawks roll 4 solid O lines capable of putting up big offensive numbers, the Flyers roll 2. The hawks have 1 "weak" defensive pairing, Sopel and whoever gets put on ice with him, only because Sope's is so damn slow. The Flyers have 1 top D pairing, the other two are adequate at best.

And lets compare netminders. Seriously, Leighton is world class???? He has been a journeyman his entire career for a reason. He is easier to beat high than Huet is. He had 3 shutouts against a team that was not an offensive juggernaut, and wasn't all year.

Being here in DC, and a Caps season ticket holder, I got the opportunity to see the broadstreet buttheads many times over the last 3 years. They are not fast, play dirty and are weak defensively. The more I talk to these idiots, and readingtheir comments on other blog sites, I fail to see how these fuck wads can not see why they are the most hated group of "fans" in every sport???[/quote]

They are starting to sound like Detroilet fans.

For some reason, they just come out of the woodwork when the lights are out. The Hawks have been pressed by some very good teams and have taken games off earlier in the post season. However, after making quick work of SJ, no one seems to give the Hawks any respect. To be honest...good.

Underestimate the Indianhead.

The only thing that bothers me is that the Flyers are going to run our young guys. They will do what they can to finish their checks...whether within or outside the rules.

to bad the for the flyers...it's already been tried before and those teams are now on the links.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

106297645.jpg

From Niemi's agent, LOL!!!!​

Tim

Liked Posts:

The Philly fans I have had the displeasure to converese with, all have a feeling of entitlement and destiny. They don't like my opinion which is they are destined to watch Toews hoist Lord Stanley's Cup!

Razzberry

Liked Posts:

[quote name="whalerhawk"]In Leighton's defense, I think he was trying to compare the TYPES of players Montreal has to what we have, meaning fast, somewhat smaller, speedy guys.[/quote]

That'd still be inaccurate though. Chicago's forwards are 10 pounds bigger than the Flyers' forwards on average.

supraman

Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]

He's a goalie, what do you expect him to say- "I'm scared shitless to face the Hawks?"[/quote]

That'd be funny as hell if he said it. I'd respect him for his honesty. He could have said "They are a great offense and I hope I can rise to the occassion and help the team win some games"

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I found this gem of a post on the Flyer's boards.

"Look, you obviously haven't seen enough Flyer games to make this judgement call. I don't disagree - the Hawks are formidable. BUT playoff opponents shouldn't be judged by their regular season records. It truly is a different animal. Sure you played teams with higher point totals, but Vancouver is a perennial PO choker & Luongo hates playing in Chicago. Nashville was an average team. SJ is a strong team - I'll give you that, but is another perennial PO choker... no team with Joe Thornton can win a Cup.

Our Captain is better, our second tier scoring is even if not deeper, our defense is even if not better. I watched all the current Hawks while in college & junior (other than Byfuglien) - it's a good group...but if you think a Richards, Pronger-led team isn't gonna be a nightmare for your Hawks - you're in for rude awakening. Carter & Gagne will get healthier and Niemi is gonna get crashed. You'll have no answer for Leino...trust me. He's a puck possession freak. Kane should get wiped out within the 1st 2 games by Richards who will lay him out."

What are they, Canuck fan clones?

Bhawks35

Liked Posts:

MidnightCinderella.jpg

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

Jeff (Deerfield)

All of this Hossa talk really starts to separate the "hockey" fans from the "BlackHawk" fans, Hossa has been killing it on Offense and Defense and is a 8 without scoring a lot of goals. He is the man and is feared by the opposition every time he takes the ice!

Jesse Rogers (3:14 PM)

Agreed, for the most part.

-----------------------------------------

Stacy (Chicago)

Any talk of the Hawks staying in a hotel Friday night?

Jesse Rogers (3:10 PM)

Yeah, some. Prob for sure sat afternoon. Not sure about fri night

-----------------------------------------

Roger (Lombard)

How many games do you anticipate the Finals going? Everyone is picking the Hawks and I am too, what is your pick?

Jesse Rogers (3:09 PM)

I dont see a sweep in Philly so at least 5..but 6 is an easy answer. I'll go that route. Even harder to predcit because one lousy game against each other doesnt give you much to go on.

Ton

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Tater"]I found this gem of a post on the Flyer's boards.

"Look, you obviously haven't seen enough Flyer games to make this judgement call. I don't disagree - the Hawks are formidable. BUT playoff opponents shouldn't be judged by their regular season records. It truly is a different animal. Sure you played teams with higher point totals, but Vancouver is a perennial PO choker & Luongo hates playing in Chicago. Nashville was an average team. SJ is a strong team - I'll give you that, but is another perennial PO choker... no team with Joe Thornton can win a Cup.

Our Captain is better, our second tier scoring is even if not deeper, our defense is even if not better. I watched all the current Hawks while in college & junior (other than Byfuglien) - it's a good group...but if you think a Richards, Pronger-led team isn't gonna be a nightmare for your Hawks - you're in for rude awakening. Carter & Gagne will get healthier and Niemi is gonna get crashed. You'll have no answer for Leino...trust me. He's a puck possession freak. Kane should get wiped out within the 1st 2 games by Richards who will lay him out."

What are they, Canuck fan clones?[/quote]

My favorite part is: "You'll have no answer for Leino...trust me. He's a puck possession freak."

Is the guy serious? We are going to have trouble against a 3rd liner that Detroit dumped?

Leino is my pick for bust of the round! LOL

He had his glory round and overachieved against the Canadiens, giving fans false hope but they can largely credit most of his points to Halak being off his game. I mean did they watch any of Leinos goals? Some of those were routine saves... I'd give him credit for maybe one if the Canadiens D wasn't so crappy against the Flyers.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

Reading Flyers boards, wow, I really hope their team is even half as confident. With that attitude, such as even IF NOT BETTER D!!!!, just as good offense, and just as deep. Do they realize we SAT two fucking starters the entire WCFs. Two fucking guys who would be on their 3rd line. They can say all they want, if their team has the moronis attitude their fans have, I'm going to Sams club to buy 150 industrial size brooks.

And remember if you think teams are always smarter than their fans, Vancouver was worse than their fans.

[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]Reading Flyers boards, wow, I really hope their team is even half as confident. With that attitude, such as even IF NOT BETTER D!!!!, just as good offense, and just as deep. Do they realize we SAT two fucking starters the entire WCFs. Two fucking guys who would be on their 3rd line. They can say all they want, if their team has the moronis attitude their fans have, I'm going to Sams club to buy 150 industrial size brooks.

And remember if you think teams are always smarter than their fans, Vancouver was worse than their fans.[/quote]

Go back to game #3 against Boston and read some of those posts. Dumb fucking fans.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/news/story?id=5223597

106407364-facbf717d7326149c67d2db1091bb357.4bfd99e0-scaled.jpg
[/quote]

This is beautiful! I so can't wait for this!

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

Let see Filly fans....

Richards vs Toews

Reg season -

JT - 76gms - 25g - 43a - 68pts - +22 - FO - 57.3%

mr - 82gms - 31g - 31a - 62pts - -2 - FO - 50.7%

ADV - TOEWS

Olympics -

JT - 7gms - 1g - 7a - 8pts - +9 - 15:02 ice time per gm - Forward of the Tourny

mr - 7gms - 2g - 3a - 5pts - +5 - 13:05 ice time per gm - got to play with best forward

ADV - TOEWS

Playoffs -

JT - 16gms - 7g - 19a - 26pts - +4 - 3gwg - FO - 57.9%

mr - 17gms - 6g - 15a - 21pts - +6 - 1gwg - FO - 46.0%

ADV - TOEWS

I'm trying to find one spot Richards is better than Toews at.....maybe at delivering head shots? Not talking to his home media?

Oh...and winning "Pedigree"...

JT - Gold in U17 '05, WJC '06 '07, WC '07, OLY '10

mr - WJC '05, OLY '10

ADV - TOEWS

Racists comments while at a comedy club - Michael Richards 1 - Toews - 0

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Tim"]It will be interesting to see how much the officials will let Pronger get away against Buff in front of the net. He can be a very nasty SOB.

Is it Saturday yet?[/quote]

I think it will be interesting to see how much the refs let the entire Philly team get away with.