Buf/Toews/Kane vs. Gagne/Richards/Carter

Brouwer/Sharp/Hossa vs. Hartnell/Briere/Leino

Ladd/Bolland/Versteeg vs. JVR/Giroux/Asham

Eager/Madden/Burish vs. Powe/Betts/Laperriere

Keith/Seabrook vs. Pronger/Carle

Hjalmarsson/Campbell vs. Timonen/Coburn

Hendry/Sopel vs. Parent/Krajicek[/quote]

LOL @ The Flyers Defense.

Man is that going to get carved up... looks like we're going to see how good Michael Leighton is. No more 16 save shutouts for him... should get about 30-35 shots per game.

Most surprising player on the Flyers? Ville Leino.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBC

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]
[quote name="Pez68"]How the lines matchup, in case anyone is wondering:

Buf/Toews/Kane vs. Gagne/Richards/Carter

Brouwer/Sharp/Hossa vs. Hartnell/Briere/Leino

Ladd/Bolland/Versteeg vs. JVR/Giroux/Asham

Eager/Madden/Burish vs. Powe/Betts/Laperriere

Keith/Seabrook vs. Pronger/Carle

Hjalmarsson/Campbell vs. Timonen/Coburn

Hendry/Sopel vs. Parent/Krajicek[/quote]

LOL @ The Flyers Defense.

Man is that going to get carved up... looks like we're going to see how good Michael Leighton is. No more 16 save shutouts for him... should get about 30-35 shots per game.

Most surprising player on the Flyers? Ville Leino.[/quote]

And probably the type of player who is going to be the least effective against the Hawks.

Flyers have been very fortunate in the path they have taken to the Cup. Should be a good series, and IMO its going to be long, but I can't see them out-lasting the Hawks, and players like Leino will not see the same success as he did against a team like Montreal.

I'm more worried about Carter, Briere, Richards, and Gagne... all of them are ELITE offensive players that can produce, unlike San Joses "elite" of Thornton, Heatley, Pavelski, and Marleau (where only Marleau was effective) I can see all four of the Flyers elite players producing.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

I really haven't paid any attention to Flyers this year aside from the one bullshit loss we had. ( Huet in net ) How many shots do you all think Niemi will se per game? I mean everyone in here is talking like its a cake walk in this series. This Flyers team got here for a reason, lets not take this team lightly.

Ton

Liked Posts:

[quote name="acco-redtribe"]I really haven't paid any attention to Flyers this year aside from the one bullshit loss we had. ( Huet in net ) How many shots do you all think Niemi will se per game? I mean everyone in here is talking like its a cake walk in this series. This Flyers team got here for a reason, lets not take this team lightly.[/quote]

I don't think its going to be a cake-walk at all... I called 7 games for a reason in my article... I actually gave the Flyers a ton of props, they have done pretty well.

All we have right now is a chance to win.

One thing that the Hawks have right now is home-ice, and the fact that the Flyers have NOT faced an offensive powerhouse yet (who knows how Leighton will respond). Everything else is pretty even IMO, but all the questions lie on "IF" the Flyers can continue to over-achieve (Leino, Leighton, Giroux).

I said at the beginning of the playoffs that I thought the Flyers could advance from the 2nd round, and if their roster comes together, who knows what happens... I never really expected them to be in the Cup final, but the pieces were there, some were underachieving through the regular season IMO and now its just a matter of playing at the right time.

They have all the tools to win, but can they beat the Hawks? Was the road to the Cup for them less challenging? Can Leighton perform well against an offensive powerhouse? Will their depth continue to hang around? Can Carter/Gagne stay healthy? Lots of questions for the Flyers... can't say that about the Hawks. We already have our answers but if the Flyers can beat those questions then they can have a chance to win this thing too.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

yes, there is no reason to take the flyers lightly, they got this far for a reason too. both teams in the finals are damn good teams no matter how they got there. they will both have to work hard to win. should be an exciting series. hope it's the hawks who come out on top, but anything can happen.

[quote name="acco-redtribe"]I really haven't paid any attention to Flyers this year aside from the one bullshit loss we had. ( Huet in net ) How many shots do you all think Niemi will se per game? I mean everyone in here is talking like its a cake walk in this series. This Flyers team got here for a reason, lets not take this team lightly.[/quote]

Just an FYI that loss was not really Huets fault. It was defensive break downs in the last minute of the game. I don't see the Hawks playing like that this series as they have yet to play like that the enitre playoffs.

I also don't see anyone talking like this is a cake walk. Where are they?

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 8:00PM NBC

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Hawks in 4.[/quote

Rk, here is one

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Razzberry"]Hawks in 5 just to win it on home ice. The UC would implode.[/quote]

here is another

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

Just an FYI that loss was not really Huets fault. It was defensive break downs in the last minute of the game. I don't see the Hawks playing like that this series as they have yet to play like that the enitre playoffs.

I also don't see anyone talking like this is a cake walk. Where are they?[/quote]

really, it wasn't huets fault, what about the one that tied the game. or the goals against Bluejackets, or Dallas should I mention all the games. Please lets not start this topic on this over rated best at 3rd goalie on the team. He's leaving after this season for a reason. Hey that rhymes.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="acco-redtribe"]
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Hawks in 4.[/quote

Rk, here is one[/quote][/quote]

Should have said Flyers in 4 since I'm the master of anti-jinxing. I don't really think it will be a sweep. But the Flyers have 4 D-Men... you see how well Vancouver did with 4 D-Men and I think Luongo is terribly overrated but he's better than Leighton. Philly will likely win one at home so realistically I say Hawks in 5.

Ton

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

I also don't see anyone talking like this is a cake walk. Where are they?[/quote]

really, it wasn't huets fault, what about the one that tied the game. or the goals against Bluejackets, or Dallas should I mention all the games. Please lets not start this topic on this over rated best at 3rd goalie on the team. He's leaving after this season for a reason. Hey that rhymes.[/quote]

You're the one who brought it up.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Tater"]
[quote name="Tater"]Suggestions needed:

Years ago they were selling replica jerseys at Value City for $20-$25. I grabbed several of various teams I didn't loath (Pro Player and Starter) and still have a Flyer's Starter jersey.

Something evil must be done to this jersey as a sacrifice to the hockey gods!!

I know there are more then a few sick minds here that can come up with something.

Please advise.[/quote]

I hate to quote myself, but I didn't even get one good suggestion. All I could think of was stuffing it with paper and hanging it from a noose but I live in a cul'de'sac (sp?) so traffic is minimal.[/quote]

You could do the worst thing possible to it... Wear it.

[quote name="R K"]

really, it wasn't huets fault, what about the one that tied the game. or the goals against Bluejackets, or Dallas should I mention all the games. Please lets not start this topic on this over rated best at 3rd goalie on the team. He's leaving after this season for a reason. Hey that rhymes.[/quote]

First you were talking about the Flyers, NOT the Bluejackets and or Dallas. Second the goal that tied it was SOPEL! Maybe you should pay attention to what you are watching. It was not Huet's fault, rather defensive break downs. Which again in the playoffs have not happened often.

I also picked them in 5 or 6 does that mean I'm taking them lightly? No, it doesn't.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Ton"]

Flyers have been very fortunate in the path they have taken to the Cup. [/quote]

Great point!

If MTL doesn't take out WSH and PGH, the Flyers would have had to play at least one of them to get here.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
Re: TBD - SCF Game 1 - TBD (0) @ (0) Blackhawks TBD NBC

[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]Hope the Flyers enjoyed their wins.[/quote]

HATE the Flyers! I hope the Hawks hand them their collective asses.[/quote]

Fuck the Flyers.........and their asshole fans.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

[quote name="sth"]That Carcillio is a first class asshole as is Asham. And who doesn't hate Pronger. If you guys thought Vancouver fans have no class just wait. Filthidelphia has the worst fans in sports. Philly fans have snowballed santa, cheered serious injuries for opponents, had jails put inside their stadium, had the first fan tazed on the field, and had a fan intentionally puke on another fan.[/quote]

I hope Eager pounds his ass bloody.

Philly fans...........Ass clowns would be a compliment.

Gemini13

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

Way to spin a topic that you brought up into something completely unrelated to the topic you brought up. Wow.

Gemini13

Liked Posts:
Re: TBD - SCF Game 1 - TBD (0) @ (0) Blackhawks TBD NBC

[quote name="Rdrhwke"]
[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"]
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]Hope the Flyers enjoyed their wins.[/quote]

HATE the Flyers! I hope the Hawks hand them their collective asses.[/quote]

Fuck the Flyers.........and their asshole fans.[/quote]

I have grown WAY TIRED of them already. The trolling has eclipsed Canucks fans on most forums I post on and unless you have nothing but good to say about their team and insist that the series will go 7 or that they will win then you're a homer. :D

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

[quote name="bri"]

And he is super icky.[/quote]

I had a few different words in mind but I guess that'll do.

Tim

Liked Posts:

It will be interesting to see how much the officials will let Pronger get away against Buff in front of the net. He can be a very nasty SOB.

Is it Saturday yet?