Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 8:00PM NBC

Thanks for the heads up.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBC

Hawks scored 271 goals during the regular season. :)

The three teams the Flyers have faced in the playoffs so far (Devils, Bruins, Habs) had the weakest regular season goal production of the 16 teams that made the playoffs.

14. New Jersey 222 goals

15. Montreal 217 goals

16. Boston 206 goals

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Mikita's Helmet"]Hawks scored 271 goals during the regular season. :)

The three teams the Flyers have faced in the playoffs so far (Devils, Bruins, Habs) had the weakest regular season goal production of the 16 teams that made the playoffs.

14. New Jersey 222 goals

15. Montreal 217 goals

16. Boston 206 goals[/quote]

Yep... Leighton is gonna get murdered.

Gonna be a hilarious Finals.

bierboy

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]
[quote name="Mikita's Helmet"]Hawks scored 271 goals during the regular season. :)

14. New Jersey 222 goals

15. Montreal 217 goals

Gonna be a hilarious Finals.[/quote]

No way this is a slam dunk, guys. Playoffs are a different animal. Too many of you predicting sweep or Hawks in five....don't bet on it.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bierboy"]
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

14. New Jersey 222 goals

15. Montreal 217 goals

Gonna be a hilarious Finals.[/quote]

No way this is a slam dunk, guys. Playoffs are a different animal. Too many of you predicting sweep or Hawks in five....don't bet on it.[/quote]

I don't think it's a slam dunk. Just pointing out that the Flyers will be facing a lot more offensive firepower then they saw in the first 3 rounds.

I'll say this. The two best, and most determined, teams are playing for the Cup. As Q noted in his post-game yesterday, the Flyers (God, I can't stand 'em) are playing as well as they have anytime this season.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 8:00PM NBC

[quote name="Razzberry"]Hawks in 5 just to win it on home ice. The UC would implode.[/quote]

With one of our members here drinking from it.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

The Hawks depth up front and in the back should be the difference in this series as it has been throught the playoffs. Not sure if the Flyers have yet to face a team with as much deppth as ours...oh wait I don know..THEY HAVE NOT!!!

On the flip side the Flyers have a lot of scoring punch. I have been saying this all year. And I don't know if the Hawks have faced a team with as much offensive ability as the Flyers. I think they actually have better dpeth on offense than the Sharks. Problem with the Flyers? They have little blueline depth and the depth they do have is slooooow. It's going to have problems with the Hawks speed (don't get me wrong a lot of Flyers can also move).

Sweep? I don't think so. 5 games will be a miracle. Hawks in 6 will be a reality though!!

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="the canadian dream"]The Hawks depth up front and in the back should be the difference in this series as it has been throught the playoffs. Not sure if the Flyers have yet to face a team with as much deppth as ours...oh wait I don know..THEY HAVE NOT!!!

On the flip side the Flyers have a lot of scoring punch. I have been saying this all year. And I don't know if the Hawks have faced a team with as much offensive ability as the Flyers. I think they actually have better dpeth on offense than the Sharks. Problem with the Flyers? They have little blueline depth and the depth they do have is slooooow. It's going to have problems with the Hawks speed (don't get me wrong a lot of Flyers can also move).

Sweep? I don't think so. 5 games will be a miracle. Hawks in 6 will be a reality though!![/quote]

No disrespect to you as a Canadian here, you don't even speak English... so shut up. Also, Toews will win the Playoff MP3 award.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYUjIayCJSA[/youtube]​

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:

Nobody is happier about the schedule than I am. I'm out of town from 5/26 through 6/6. Gonna miss games 1 & 2, but fly back on 6/6 and land at noon. I was afraid game 5 would be on that Saturday or be an afternoon start. The 8pm start time on that day assures I will be in attendance for game 5. Unlike a lot of you, I think this will be a hard fought series and I highly doubt there won't be three home games in this one. I feel very fortunate right now.

bri

Liked Posts:

That is gonna be a whole lot of ugly on the ice at one time. Pronger, Hartnell, Carcillo. Lapierre, Asham. Hope all the Hawks are up to date on their tetanus shots.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bri"]That is gonna be a whole lot of ugly on the ice at one time. Pronger, Hartnell, Carcillo. Lapierre, Asham. Hope all the Hawks are up to date on their tetanus shots.[/quote]

Yea we'll see about Carcillo.

sth

Liked Posts:

That Carcillio is a first class asshole as is Asham. And who doesn't hate Pronger. If you guys thought Vancouver fans have no class just wait. Filthidelphia has the worst fans in sports. Philly fans have snowballed santa, cheered serious injuries for opponents, had jails put inside their stadium, had the first fan tazed on the field, and had a fan intentionally puke on another fan.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="sth"]That Carcillio is a first class asshole as is Asham. And who doesn't hate Pronger. If you guys thought Vancouver fans have no class just wait. Filthidelphia has the worst fans in sports. Philly fans have snowballed santa, cheered serious injuries for opponents, had jails put inside their stadium, had the first fan tazed on the field, and had a fan intentionally puke on another fan.[/quote]

Carcillo was healthy scratched when Jeff Carter and Lappy (full face shield douchebag goon) game back.

sth

Liked Posts:

Lappy was always on my hate list back when he was on the Avs. I won't have any problem not liking the Flyers. I'm worried about Leighton he was a total bum when he was on the Hawks. I get worried about goalies I think aren't good, they seem to come out of nowhere on you.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="sth"]Lappy was always on my hate list back when he was on the Avs. I won't have any problem not liking the Flyers. I'm worried about Leighton he was a total bum when he was on the Hawks. I get worried about goalies I think aren't good, they seem to come out of nowhere on you.[/quote]

Hawks are going to murder Leighton... seriously he will get pulled at least once. Save this in the quote banks because I will be bringing it back.

He can't stop anything high. Much has been said about Niemi but for the most part he's been proving people wrong. Well... Mike hasn't seen many elevated shots (when he has they've been in the net)... the Hawks will feast on this. Hossa isn't the type to shoot at corners but he is the type to set those kind of shots up by carrying the puck into the zone and around the net with a nice backhanded pass to either someone at the dot or a cross-crease pass to someone in front of the net.

[quote name="the canadian dream"]The Hawks depth up front and in the back should be the difference in this series as it has been throught the playoffs. Not sure if the Flyers have yet to face a team with as much deppth as ours...oh wait I don know..THEY HAVE NOT!!!

Sweep? I don't think so. 5 games will be a miracle. Hawks in 6 will be a reality though!![/quote]

I'm pretty sure both the Canucks and Sharks have more offensive fire power than the Flyers.

Goal, I'd give the edge to the Hawks

Defense, Definitely the Hawks. Could be the best top four in the NHL right now.

Offense, Hawks again. All four lines can roll and that's saying 2-3 players having good talent are sitting on the bench. Kopecky, Frazer and Bickell

PK, Hawks again. Best through out the playoffs or close to it. Defense and defensive forwards could again be the best in the NHL.

PP, probably even, but that depends on how many the Flyers give the Hawks. They don't have the brightest players and guys like Pronger love taking dumb penalties.

Hawks should take this in 5 o 6. The flyers have NOT faced a team like the Hawks while the Hawks have face two teams with TWICE the offensive fire power the Flyers have and one team with TWICE the defense the Flyers have.

If the Hawks play their game the Stanley Cup is theirs.

Cornflake

Liked Posts:

I thought if we got Montreal a sweep could be very well possible as they had zero chance i thought against a team like chicago. No disrespect to Pitts and Washington but they don't roll 4 solid lines like we do. While on the other hand, there is a reason at the start of the year I called Philly/Hawks in the final. I thought Philly had the most depth in the east. THat being said, I had Chicago/NJ final at the start of the playoffs (I thought it wasn't a great first round matchup for them...guess I was wrong there).

Chicago in 6 (but leaning more towards 5 than 7).