Starlin Castro's Error Tracker (2013 Edition!)

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Now on pace for about 22 errors on the season.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Well, that won't show up as an error in the books but a completely bone headed, brain dead, lazy play in the first to let Trout get an infield single.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
yea, for whatever reason he took a look towards third before throwing to first..

Cause he is dumb and often doesn't have his head in the game.

No game awareness and just lazy.

But somehow people think he will end up being a .300 hitter with 20ish HR's.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I wouldnt call him lazy because everyone says he works hard.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
To be fair, he's only had 2 errors in the last month+. Baby steps.

To be fair, he also pulled a bone-headed play last night that didn't get charged as an error. He did not know Mike Trouts speed and took his time on the throw over to 1st base.

What, did he not know that a guy who had nearly 50 SB's the year before has good speed?

Sorry, but a SS with a good head on his shoulders is suppose to orchestrate the defense and keep them aware of hitters....not fall asleep himself.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I find wrong with him is sense of urgency. He plays at the same speed and then when that clock goes off. He rushes and makes dumb plays. I will not defend his head. He reminds me of a young Soriano. Just not very smart. I still think people over exaggerate some of the things, but he does need to get his baseball IQ higher if he ever wants to take the next step.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Lol Starlin Castro is lazy because of one play? He always hustles out there. People just need someone or something to complain about.

Complain about Welington Castillo because he doesn't hustle.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Lol Starlin Castro is lazy because of one play?

If this was the first boneheaded play he has made, you would have a point.

But he has been benched for his lack of hustle before and has on multiple occasions forgot the number of outs in an inning.

There is plenty of things to complain about with this team, this is just one of them.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
If this was the first boneheaded play he has made, you would have a point.

But he has been benched for his lack of hustle before and has on multiple occasions forgot the number of outs in an inning.

There is plenty of things to complain about with this team, this is just one of them.

I definitely don't think it was okay that he forgot how many outs were in an inning but at the same time many other players have done that. We only here about Starlin Castro though because the media doesn't like him and is desperate for a story. Albert Pujols is guilty of the same thing but you don't hear about that.

I agree that Castro is in a slump right now but he can still get out of it.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I agree that Castro is in a slump right now but he can still get out of it.

I agree that he can still get out it.

I also think he is overrated and will never amount to the player people think he will.

I think he will end up being a .280ish mostly singles hitter, terrible base stealer and one of the worst defensive SS in the game.

He got paid. He has no incentive to improve anymore.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
What I find wrong with him is sense of urgency. He plays at the same speed and then when that clock goes off. He rushes and makes dumb plays. I will not defend his head. He reminds me of a young Soriano. Just not very smart. I still think people over exaggerate some of the things, but he does need to get his baseball IQ higher if he ever wants to take the next step.

Rizzo and Shark have a good baseball IQ, Castro doesn't in my opinion and all the coaching on the world won't change it. It's generally something that is instilled in you at a young age or born with.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Updated - up to 9 now. But, he did go 3-7 w/ the game-winning run today :eek: