Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Might want to actually beat them before you feel sorry for them, just sayin........

Maybe they can win something so we don't have to feel sorry for them anymore.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're spot on with your last couple posts. Without Mack setting the line and letting the other 6 basically have free reign... the Bears are EASILY 0-2. This offense is complete trash. The QB sucks, the receivers are average and the O-Line is amazingly mis-rostered.

AntMill looks very promising and Ak47 Robinson looks like he's almost 90% and legit af. I think they can raise Mitchell's play by being true pros. Cohen a crazy assed joker. And Howard is looking like a 4 down bacc, Mitchell will look better if he figures out who to get the ball to.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What's wrong?

The shitty GM with no QB evaluation skills as well as the terrible ass QB he drafted.

Defensive wins are nice but they don't win championships as evidenced in the SB against the Colts.

you mean the defense that lost 2 All-Pros and was nothing but average after Harris went down?

Or the 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos defenses that had top defenses?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
are you talking about Detroit or the Bears

brilliant reply....

Stat Padford showed up just in time yesterday to lead his team to a 3pt loss in garbage time instead of a 17pt loss!
Oh happy times!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
you mean the defense that lost 2 All-Pros and was nothing but average after Harris went down?

Or the 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos defenses that had top defenses?

2013 Seahawks:

QB Russell Wilson* 25 1 16 257 for 407, 3,357 yards, 26 td, 9 int, & 96 rushes for 539 yards and 1 td

2015 Broncos:

Extreme outlier with Manning hurt.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Offense has been no better scoring pts then the Fox years but this defense is elite.

Over the first 2 games yes. We'll see over the course of the season, Trubisky was a bit disappointing today but it wasn't the worst performance in the world. He made some bad plays along with some good ones.

We'll see if he improves as he gets more comfortable in the offense.

Nagy's play-calling was improved for this game (attacked the run when he really needed to). Allen Robinson can really ball too.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2013 Seahawks:

QB Russell Wilson* 25 1 16 257 for 407, 3,357 yards, 26 td, 9 int, & 96 rushes for 539 yards and 1 td

2015 Broncos:

Extreme outlier with Manning hurt.

Yeah Seattle had an offense but they ranked #1 in Defensive DVOA and in most other metrics and dominated one of the best offenses in history

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/final-2013-dvoa-ratings

And the 2015 Broncos won a SB with a terribly awful Manning. Ironic that his defense finally won him a title instead of him carrying the team

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Nagy fucked up the play calling at the end of the first half though. He could have easily run down the clock, but he inexplicably chose to hurry up the offense and ended up giving the ball back to Seattle with over a minute left. The Bears hiked the ball with the clock running at 1:30 and about 30 seconds left on the play clock; I couldn't understand it. Seattle got the ball back and ended up getting a FG out of it, which the Bears totally gifted to them.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy fucked up the play calling at the end of the first half though. He could have easily run down the clock, but he inexplicably chose to hurry up the offense and ended up giving the ball back to Seattle with over a minute left. The Bears hiked the ball with the clock running at 1:30 and about 30 seconds left on the play clock; I couldn't understand it. Seattle got the ball back and ended up getting a FG out of it, which the Bears totally gifted to them.

he was being aggressive and trying to score more points......didn't he get faulted for not doing that last week?

I'll take erring on aggressiveness over too much conservative gameplay...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
brilliant reply....

Stat Padford showed up just in time yesterday to lead his team to a 3pt loss in garbage time instead of a 17pt loss!
Oh happy times!

And Bitch Bustisky did what exactly? 17 Points against that D? 200 yds? A shovel pass behind the line of scrimmage for a TD? Color me not impressed........

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Bitch Bustisky did what exactly? 17 Points against that D? 200 yds? A shovel pass behind the line of scrimmage for a TD? Color me not impressed........

It is much better to be 0-2 with good QB stats than 1-1......how long has stafford been in the league?

He and Mitch are tied for playoff wins......

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
come to think of it...I am tied with Stafford for playoff wins

one day he'll realize Stafford will never lead that franchise to a playoff victory while he compiles up useless inflated stats. It's who Stafford was in college.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Trubisky isn't old enough to have seen the last Lions playoff win.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
he was being aggressive and trying to score more points......didn't he get faulted for not doing that last week?

I'll take erring on aggressiveness over too much conservative gameplay...

I think it was a much different situation than last week. Last week, he turned conservative for the entire second half. Today, on that particular play, he could have just waited 30 more seconds to hike the ball, and Seattle most likely won't have time to kick a FG when they get the ball back. That's not conservative, that's just smart football. Instead, Seattle gets a FG, thereby nullifying the Bears' FG.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it was a much different situation than last week. Last week, he turned conservative for the entire second half. Today, on that particular play, he could have just waited 30 more seconds to hike the ball, and Seattle most likely won't have time to kick a FG when they get the ball back. That's not conservative, that's just smart football. Instead, Seattle gets a FG, thereby nullifying the Bears' FG.

I'd have to go back and rewatch....there are a few reasons why you may want to snap the ball quickly.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If we had Kirk Cousins, we would be contenders NOW. This kid better improve rapidly and on a weekly basis because this team is ready. We cannot afford for him to develop at a snails pace.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I actually didn't mind too much whenever the offense left the field because this defense is so fun to watch and I actually had confidence that Seattle was not going to move the ball.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
I don't know if the receivers are average, or if they are limited by their Qb to be honest. Did Mitch completed a pass that traveled more than 15 yards tonight? Nagy's gimmick offense is only going to last so long if opposing D's don't respect the deep threat. Let's face it, Nagy slapped the training wheels back on Mitch after the scripted plays.

Maybe he did, but if that's what it takes for Mitch to improve then so be it.